Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:23 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:23 AM #1 of 1323
Guys, you do realize that SNAKE debuted on the Famicom/NES right? Characters that haven't ever appeared on a Nintendo system will never been in SSBB.

Now we know why Snake kills himself in the MGS4 trailer, though. "Fuck this PS3 noise, I'm moving to the Wii."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:31 AM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Snake debuted on MSX, I think it has more to do with Twin Snakes being on GC.

This is why Viewtiful Joe and Sonic are more likely.
Ah, well, still. Snake has Nintendo history, which is the whole point. Sonic would be AWESOME. I really hope they add him.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:19 PM #3 of 1323

Isn't it true that this would be the MOST AWESOME THING OF ALL TIME????!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 02:56 AM #4 of 1323
I have full confidence that the Wii's online support will be at least marginally better than the DS's. I'm not sure how.

I like the idea of friend codes, personally. I have no interest whatsoever in playing against people I don't know online. I only want to play with my friends.

If you really want a "lobby", you can easily create message boards and have people join them. I'm sure smashboards will pick up the slack if there isn't a lobby feature.

Speaking as a software designer, we have something called the "80% rule". It basically states that you should design to 80% of the people you're trying to target. I think pro-level smash players clearly fall into the other 20%. Now I'm not saying you should ignore the other 20%, but you need to ask yourself, "Will 80% of my users really be taking advantage of this feature?" It's a hard question to answer, but it really helps to keep things in perspective.

We really at this point, need to just wait and see what the Wii's online support is like. I have high hopes; their Connect24 thing sounds awesome. I always thought having to "connect to XBOX Live" was a bit 1980s-esque, especially in the era of always-on broadband. What is this, some kind of BBS?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by ramoth; May 12, 2006 at 06:00 AM.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:18 AM #5 of 1323
Quote:
If they Put Snake In there... They have to put at least somebody from FF in there.
What.

How does that even begin to make sense?

How ya doing, buddy?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 09:33 AM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rayne
Because.... Snake..... He's kinda out there. If you're going out that far might as well bring some fantasy with you.
"Out there". Sure. Six games in the Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid series, numerous other games (e.g. Metal Gear Acid).

He's one of Konami's biggest characters, and well known. Plus, as said ad infinitum earlier, Twin Snakes was on the GCN and Metal Gear was ported to the NES.

As for Cloud, aside from any cameos, he's only been in one major video game, FFVII, which was on the Playstation. In fact, this game was the first Final Fantasy game to be released after Square decided to ditch Nintendo. Somehow, I don't think Cloud would be Nintendo's first choice even if they were going to license a character from Square (which we have no evidence of).

To sum it up for you,

WEATHER REPORT: NO CLOUDS

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 10:10 AM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Focus on Capcom and Konami.
I think Namco deserves a look. Link did appear in SC2, and the SC characters are already on GC. Perhaps Nightmare?

As far as Capcom goes, Megaman? Maybe Jill from RE (also already running on the Cube).

I don't think there will be more than one or two characters from any one outside developer. I think, like the previous two games, the focus is going to Nintendo characters, and characters that have appeared (nearly) exclusively on Nintendo consoles (e.g. Pokemon).

I'd be really interested to know the final number of characters. Hopefully we'll see an increase similar to the one we saw from SSB64 to SSBM.

FELIPE NO
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:30 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 07:30 AM #8 of 1323
The new gameplay footage looks awesome. There's a lot they aren't showing us, but it so far still looks like a Smash Bros game, which is good.

I'm pretty stoked.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl