Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:26 PM #1 of 1323
I feel that Nintendo should use this game to include characters from games that have weak representation. Super Mario Bros. has four characters, five if you count the doctor. The Legend of Zelda has four characters, five if you count Zelda twice. Pokémon has four characters. Where's the DK representation? What about Metroid? Kirby? Sure, they're adding Metaknight and a new Samus, but I want more. Dedede, Ridley, Diddy, etc. There's a plethora of characters for them to choose from. And they need to replace Pichu with a more interesting character, even if it is only another Pokémon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 07:40 PM #2 of 1323
I said a while ago they should replace Pichu with a better Pokémon. I've determined that this should be Ditto. Think about. A bouncing blob that, when he touches an opponent, he becomes a duplicate of that character. By my logic, he could be able to do this multiple times in one fight (I mean without dying first). Think of the four-player magic!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:57 PM #3 of 1323
Well, we can't add all of Star Wolf. Just Wolf. The rest are patsies.

A really neat aspect could be if each character gets a "call for assistance" like thing to be used once per fight. It wouldn't be an attack, just an aid. Like Kirby would be able to escape certain death by being grabbed by a Warp Star. Or Mario is falling and suddenly returns to the field of play via raccoon power.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:07 PM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by soniclover
I just want smart AI. In SSBM, the AI (even at Level 9) was so easy. You through a Pokeball, have a charizard come out, and just stand in the middle of it and all the other characters just come at you and commit suicide.

I want AI that can be much smarter.
I think and interesting way to accomplish something like this would be to have AI settings. I think it would neat to set the opponent to, say, "counter" and they would work hard not to attack, but to attack while defending, always trying to have the advantage.

Originally Posted by Rayne
Speaking of Crappy characters.... Jigglypuff's resignation should be the next improvement in SSBB. No one uses her (If it's a her) And she's a waste of space. She could be replaced by someone far much better. Like... Toad or...Banjo and Kazooie. Anybody would be much better than Jigglypuff.
Jigglypuff is an "it." And there are people that use it. I know a few guys that have become quite good with Jigglypuff. Also, a large number of people relied on Jigglypuff for Event Stage 51. I would drop Mewtwo or Pichu. And Banjo/Kazooie isn't a viable option. Rare owns the rights, and it's in contract with Microsoft. And what would Toad do? Run in circles? From my experience, Toad has no attacking capacity. He's too fearful, too pacifistic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:07 PM #5 of 1323
I would only want the trophy system back if two things occur:

We would actually want all of the trophies (I'm sure there are plenty of bad trophy ideas they could use--I don't want those).

The trophy slot machine option disappears after all of the trophies from that machine have been collected.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:12 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
I think Icicle Mountain just had you jumping up too often to really do any fighting.
Unless someone was used to attacking in the air frequently. Then, it wouldn't be annoying at all. On another note, computers were far too easy to beat there.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Uh... no. I'm talking about abilities for Kirby's SUPER attacks, and logically they'd just be the single-use abilities he comes across rather than one that stays with you after you use it, which Plasma is.
Like Mike Kirby. Although, that's the classic kill-everything-on-screen move. Maybe it could work like in Air Ride. And it would hit more enemies than Chef Kirby, unless they make Chef Kirby do something like that pot from Pac-Man Advanced.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Acro-nym; Jul 10, 2006 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:49 PM #7 of 1323
Based on what I've seen of them, the supers would probably take the skill of Samus's cannon. You would have to know when the right time would be to use it. Using it whenever might actually be a hinderance or even dangerous, likely because using the super would leave you open to an attack, like when Fox is using his gun, Samus is charging her gun, or just after Marth and Roy counter.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 05:01 PM #8 of 1323
I would expect there to be about 37 characters, considering how Melee had thirteen more characters than the original, giving it a total of twenty-five. Hopefully, the increase will be the same.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:51 PM #9 of 1323
Yes yes, we've discussed this pages ago. No Cloud or Sephiroth, Sonic is a major possibility, blah blah blah.

Personally I'm still pulling for Vectorman (he appeared in a Sonic Collection game for Gamecube) and Little Mac.
And I want there to be more Kirby and Metroid representation. Stupid Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:44 PM #10 of 1323
How does that relate to what I said?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 07:06 AM #11 of 1323
It doesn't, he's replying to something else.
Without a quote, there was no way to know.

Quote:
Meta Knight's in the game and his Halberd stage is most prominent in the trailer, so I'd say Kirby's representin' like a madman. Especially if Dedede makes it in.
If they throw Dedede in there, I will be satisfied. They have Bowser and Ganondorf, why not the King?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:40 AM #12 of 1323
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
Plus, MTGNecro, if Mario was Super Mario in that shot he'd be just as tall as Bowser. But that doesn't mean it has anything less to do with sprite size limitations.
Isn't that what his taunt and the mushrooms are supposed to allow? Actually, they may make him bigger than Bowser. Hmm...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:00 PM #13 of 1323
Considering he's part of the Virtual Console, I think Bomberman should at least be considered.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 09:11 AM #14 of 1323
But the Ice Climbers are so much fun!

Some things they could consider for Bomberman (from Wikipedia):

Boot/Bomb Kick - Allows Bomberman to kick dropped bombs out of the way. Cancels out Bomb Pass.

Mitts/Power Glove - Bomberman can pick up and throw bombs over walls and obstacles for short distances.

Mine - Transforms Bomberman's bombs into mines... it won't explode until any player, including the one who placed it, steps over it.

Detonator/Remote Control - Allows Bomberman to explode his bomb at will.

Line Bomb - Allows Bomberman to drop all of his available bombs in a row in the direction he is facing.

Cherry Bomb - A red bomb more dangerous when powered up.

Evil - Initiates a stage-wide and temporary hazard. Hazards include: a size-changing disease for everyone, an obscuring disco light, an object-tossing tornado, a random player position swap that occurs periodically, randomly being stunned, maximum-strength bombs for everyone, and forcing everyone to pick up and throw anything they come across, including powerups.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:29 PM #15 of 1323
I'd want there to be a noticeable flow in Adventure mode.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:02 AM #16 of 1323
I just watched the trailer and all I have to say is Snake gets a rocket launcher! It better be more useful than it looks. Right now it seems almost like a down-A smash akin to Samus's.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:47 PM #17 of 1323
I saw a lot of potential in the Ice Climbers. I even started to get decent with them. They will be missed.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl