Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:07 PM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
This is total bullshit. Anyone who says Snake is a nintendo character is a fucking idiot, his debut was on the MSX and the mahority of his games have been on Sony consoles. Yes, he was on two games, one of which was a remake of a PSX game, but that doesn't make him any more of a character than Sonic the hedgehog or Megaman. This isn't a game about characters from third party Nintendo games beating the shit out of each other, its about first party (HAL, EAD, Intelligent Systems, Gamefreak) nintendo characters beating the shit out of each other.
you forgot Rare.

Anyways, man this thread exploaded like nobodie's business. I turn away for 20 hours, and i find 10 pages of posts to read. O well, gave me something to do.

Man, this game has me excited like nothing else. I'm so pumped for this game, no one has any idea, not even me. One day, i'll get my hands on this game, and instantly die from it's pure awesomness.

Anyways. I find it disturbing that Diddy was neglected from Melee. If that happens again with Brawl, i won't be happy (but nothing could ruin my mood, so.... yeah whatever) I'd really like to see Diddy and Dixie in the game, but if only one, then Diddy. Maybe have them teamed up like Zelda/Sheik, or Ice Climbers. Diddy Kong is just as much a Nintendo Character as Donkey Kong.

I'm concerned about the number of third parties involved in this game. Some are ok, but Nintendo, please, don't go overboard.

EDITED CAUSE I ALMOST THREW UP WHEN I REREAD THIS POST. Apparently grammer and I are still fighting.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Helloween; May 11, 2006 at 06:30 PM.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 06:51 PM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Besides, most people would rather have Geno or Crono if there were to be any Square characters in the game.
Man, i'd kill for Geno, but unlikley. No one knows who he is, or where he's from. Everybody would be all like "ZOMGWTFBBQ WHO'S GENO?????? HE SOUNDS LIKE GENOME BUT WITHOUT THE ME, AND THAT'S HILARIOUS FOR SOME REASON LOL!!!!!!1!1!<@_@>!2!!!one!!"

I'm hoping for huge epic arenas. In the trailer they showed like 14 chracters duking it out on top of a huge castle. I'm praying that's a true arena, and that you'll be able to play on it.

Also, this is just a thought i had, but what if the game allowed for 8 characters in a battle, but only four of them could be player controlled at anytime. So for instance you could have four players, with four computer players, and team them up how you want. That could add alot to gamp play, and really extend play time, and give an excuse for huge arenas.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:22 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:22 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by scotty
Spoiler:

I was bored
You win, my friend.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 09:44 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 08:44 PM #4 of 1323
Maybe they'll have an arena, or a serise of arenas entitled "A Tribute to Video Games" or something, wherein they have tons of references, and cameos from all kinds of video game characters e.g. the prince rolling his huge ball of stuff across the background, or a video clip of Crono and (add two CT characters here) fighting Lavos etc... Maybe keep it to characters appearing on a nintendo console, but whatevs, it all works.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:48 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 07:48 PM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by Shad0wF0x
I'm sure that it was hinted at before but I kinda want to bring it up again. I think the costumes for each character such vary cosmetically and affect character selection as well. For example, you select Mario and one of his alternate costumes is Dr. Mario, from there you can choose the color you want for Dr. Mario. It'll basically have the same differences as the Mario and Dr. Mario in SSBM with Dr. Mario being stronger and slower. Another example is if there's the short-sleeved Super Mario Sunshine version of Mario. Again, you choose Mario and go to the Super Mario Sunshine version and change color from there. The difference is that the SMS version is able to use the water back pack thing. This would also work with Samus's various suits. I can't really speculate much about what the differences would be since I'm not too knowledgable about the Metroid universe apart from Metroid Prime.

Of course, this rule does not apply to characters such as Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi. It simply wouldn't make sense because they are not even the same person.

Also, I was wondering if SSBB can add certain new abilities such as Link's mirror shield.

Geeze, this whole thing has me thinking up ways to have like an equipment/cutomize system for Smash Bros. Each character could have elements from their games. Samus could have her suit from Fusion, and Prime, and whatnot, and you'd have to chose one before the battle. Each suit would have different attacks and such. Mario could have FLUD, or whatever else, Luigi could have the vaccum etc...

How weird would it be to have to customizables available for each character. Can you imagine Mario in Samus's Power suit?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 04:49 PM #6 of 1323
My best character was always Falco. Otherwise it was Roy. My strategy usually revolves around hit and run techniques. Falco's jumping ability was perfect for death from above techs, while Roy was perfect for a relativly quick moving powerhouse. I thrive on quick movements.

This is why i'm praying that they don't fiddle around too much with the way the characters are set up in Melee. I can use pretty much any character effectivly, with the exception of any of the pokemon (strange as it seems, i can't use any of them) or Cpt. Falcon, or Ganondorf. They totally mutilated Cpt. Falcon from Smash to Melee. I know this cause Falcon used to be my number one character until Melee.

Does anyone think they'll ditch any characters? I'm hoping they'll keep the current roster, and only build onto it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 05:10 PM #7 of 1323
I'm not bashing anyone, i'm just saying that the way they've changed the characters has moved them away from my fighting style. I guess it doesn't matter, i'm just wondering why they're bothering to do this.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 02:28 PM #8 of 1323
Your friend's wrong, sorry, there's just no resemblance between the flag and the symbol on the FE map.

And besides, there are better character choices if you're going from Fire Emblem: Path of Raidiance. Try the Black Knight, or heck maybe Ike (despite his similarities to Marth and Roy) or Titania.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:48 PM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
This guy probably thinks it's Ashnard in specific and not someone else from Path of Radiance because we never visit Daien. After Crimea is defeated, Ashnard quickly takes up residence in its capital. Still, why he would be in it before Ike or the hero(ine) of Fire Emblem X is beyond me.
So have you played Path of Raidiance? You spend a good quarter of the game in Daien.

Like i said before, Ashnard would be cool, but it would make sense to add a hero character from Path of Raidience. I think maybe they should ditch Marth and or Roy and just replace one or both of them with Ike, he's the same character, so all that would change is a character design and a name.

But if we're talking bad guys from PoR then i'd say add the Black Knight. He would be the coolest thing ever to play as.

Spoiler:
yes i realize that in the game he's invicible, but whatever, this is smash bros.

Last edited by Helloween; May 17, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:03 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 08:03 PM #10 of 1323
My day got alot better when i saw Geno's name on that list. That and Black Knight. Those two are my picks for adding to the roster.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:28 PM #11 of 1323
The fact that Snake is in Smash Bros. already begs the question why Geno isn't already in. Snake is a third party character who has appeared on many more Playstation games than Nintendo games, yet he was allowed in because he was a third party character "with a history on nintendo". Geno is a third party character who has appeared only in Nintendo games (correct me if i'm wrong). The fact that SquareEnix is developing two launch titles for Wii, it implies that they are getting friendly with Nintendo, and it seems like it will only be a matter of time before Geno appears on the roster for SSBB.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 09:12 PM #12 of 1323
Originally Posted by Dalkaen
Er, Fox is clearly faster than Falco in running speed. It's just sometimes more difficult to control Falco due to the height of his jumps.
I believe Falco was supposed to be Falcon, as in Cpt. Falcon in the post you quoted.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 08:52 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 07:52 AM #13 of 1323
No, that's not possible, Sheik is the fastest character in SSBM then. If you're compairing her to Falco she puts him to shame.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:20 PM #14 of 1323
If you have any respect for amazing characters you won't pair Dixie and Diddy in a pair like Ice Climbers. They don't deserve that treatment. They both need to have their own move set, and be seperate characters. I realize that if this happens, it's unlikley that both will be put in, and the one chosen will most likley be Diddy. I like Dixie better, but i can deal.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 02:16 PM #15 of 1323
As far as team attacks go, they're an interesting concept but unlikley on so many levels. I can easily see this game having a larger character roster than Melee. You wanna think of a move for every conceivable combination of characters?

If that actually happens, and they manage to come up with enough combos, then i'm all for it, as long as it's an optional feature, like they have an option in the menue that allows you to turn them on or off.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:33 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 08:33 PM #16 of 1323
I'm almost hoping this new development is a rumor, just so we can get better new characters in there.

Ridley? Ok sure, if you can make it work, all the power to ya, good luck though.

Bowser Jr.? why?

Windwaker Link? ok, it's a given, but it's hardly a new character addition. Guess what moveset he's gonna have. Adult link's almost move for move i bet you, except with cartoony animations.

As for those characters listed for the chopping block, i'm fine with all of them, except i'm a little broken up about Young Link getting axed. He's always my third choice, next to Falco, and Roy. It doesn't really matter though, cause this probably isn't true anyways.

All i care about is getting Geno into this game. That's my number one hope.

How ya doing, buddy?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 09:48 PM #17 of 1323
Spoiler:
Miyamoto said in an interview about two years ago that there is no repitition of Links in any zelda game. Majora's Mask was the first to reuse the same Link. (He might've said something about a gameboy Zelda, maybe the Oracle games, i can't remember, and i've never played those ones) He said that so far each Zelda game has taken place approx. 100 years apart (except for MM and whatever else) and latley he said that TP will be 50 after OoT, and 50 years before WW.

Anyways, enough about Zelda, now to try and stay on topic.

I think it's a given that WW Link will be in the game, at least as a cameo. SSB is more or less about Nintendo History, and the melding of everything Nintendo. WW was a big part of Nintendo, it's a freaking Zelda game.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 02:50 PM #18 of 1323
This was posted in laughs and games a few weeks ago. Not all that special. Man, i had no idea who that pikachu character was supposed to be.

As for Zero Suit Samus (in real SSBB ........hhhhhhhhaaaaaaawwwwwwt No one's come this close to replacing Rikku for me.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 07:15 PM #19 of 1323
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
Hopefully he's talking about Final Fantasy X Rikku and not Kingdom Hearts Rikku :biggrin:
Riku from Kingdom Hearts spells his name with one k, Rikku from FFX/2 spells with two.

Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Hopefully he's not fucking serious about Rikku at all, because she isn't attractive in any concievable way. *gags*
Don't be hatin'

They haven't really said much about items in SSBB (much like everythign else). Does anyone think they'll cut any items? I know plenty of people who seem to think that Pokeballs shouldn't be items anymore because "pokemon are gay". If this opinion is shared by a large enough section of the market, do you think Nitendo'll care? would they take them out?

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:26 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 08:26 PM #20 of 1323
What you're describing sounds alot like special melee modes. They had those in SSBM.

Most amazing jew boots
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 08:32 PM #21 of 1323
Originally Posted by Omnislash124
I like the pokeballs.....they tend to lead to massive chaos like the series is known for. They add a lot of variety of a battle, and they tend to make it more interesting. If the "pokemon is gay" opinion is there, you'd think they wouldn't make the new pokemon game for the Wii (Pokemon Battle Revolution) or the new Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (I think that's what it's called). I think the ball is going to stay...

Nintendo doesn't care about if you like the items or not. Hell if you don't want them, isn't the Item Switch option still there?
Good points all around, and in fact i agree with you on all accounts, i'm just trying to spur some discussion.

Pokeballs are probably my favourite items in the game, especially playing pokebattles. Me and friends turn everything off except pokeballs and make a rule that we can't attack each other, unless it's with a pokeball. Turn the stock up really high, and let the chaos and disorder have messy sex all over the arena.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 10:07 PM #22 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
But hopefull this time we won't have to rely on AI as opponents (as much). Sakurai already confirmed multiplayer-online, even though it looks like it won't very complex, and will likely use the friend-codes system. I hope we'll be able to compete with random real people.
I'm not so keen on fighting random people over the net. When somebody is faced with winning with no direct audience to deal with, they become the bane of all existance. I really hate hearing about how i got "ass raped by muthafuckin' ace moves". I actually avoid playing online anymore because of the shit i have to put up with if i win or lose.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 06:41 PM #23 of 1323
I would accept up to Knuckles, but anything past that and i might consider boycotting the game.

I almost hope they add Sonic, but they'd better give him his own move set, and not just a clone of an original character.

The only characters i care about them adding are Diddy, and or Dixey Kong. Those two were my favourite Kongs, in my favourite Donkey Kong game. It's atrocious that Diddy isn't already in the lineup as of SSBM, and i do think that Dixey deserves to be featured in the lineup as well.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:47 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 12:47 PM #24 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Sega has characters other than the Sonic ones, you know.

I hate Sonic...
What Sega characters would be eligable for SSBB other than Sonic? When people think Sega, they think Sonic. If Nintendo was to put a Sega character in SSBB, then it's gonna be Sonic.

Also, is it just me, or is it about time for Sega to come up with a new Franchise. I think it'd be nice to have a new game character to follow, in the same vein as Sonic, or Mario. Nintendo's opening up this generation with three brand new franchises, which look like they could be hits. Not quite what i had in mind in terms of "new franchise", but still, hits none the less. Maybe Sega should take a leaf out of Nintendo's book.

I really want somebody to just go out on a limb, and come up with a new character.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 07:53 PM #25 of 1323
Um, is youtube not working for anyone else here? or is it just me?

Man, you guys are making me so antsy, i wanna watch it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

EDIT: K never mind, it's working now.

I can tell i'm going to enjoy using PIT. He looks like he's to be Falco's replacement. I'm more into hit and run tactcis than head on brawling.

Man, i really want this game now.

Last edited by Helloween; Nov 3, 2006 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl