Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:11 AM #1 of 1323
People are going to be clamoring for 3rd party characters left and right. If they're not careful they're gonna get a came jam-packed with generic, unbalanced 3rd party characters.

Oh, and I'm really glad I followed the link on the website to their forums. It has gems like this post.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:25 AM #2 of 1323
How about all the characters from this game (besides Solid Snake since he's already in). Optimus Prime would make a lot of people very happy.

Side note: Google fucking rocks

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:24 AM #3 of 1323
It'll never happen, but....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: gif quoteani.gif (1,020 Bytes, 59 views)

Last edited by Magic; May 12, 2006 at 02:28 AM.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:26 AM #4 of 1323
I wonder if it would be too much to ask for Uematsu to include just one theme that uses the opening from FF1-6(&9)'s random battle themes.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 12:25 AM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
Think of Marth, he's basically just a dude with a sword, and most people don't like him because of that. He has no special moves in his game other than swing your sword, so Nintendo had to make up a whole bunch of variatiuons of swinging a sword to give him a full moveset.
That's the funny thing about fighting as most of it involves swinging things around. Y'know, in Mario's first game he didn't have any attacks besides jumping.

About Zero Suit Samus, I really don't think she's going to be similar to Zelda/Sheik. It's true that she loses her suit in the trailer, but I think that was just intended as a dramatic entrance. Alternatively, it might be that her armor breaks if she takes a certain amount of damage, but somehow I doubt it.

One thing I am kind of curious about is stage layout. It's probably safe to assume that the game mechanics will stay close to the way they've been, but some of the screenshots make it seem like the stages won't just be two-dimensional fields. If this is the case then I wonder if the playing fields will be fully three-dimensional or if they'll just be separated into multiple fields like a foreground and background.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:42 AM #6 of 1323
I'm gonna have to agree with PsychoJosh on this one. It took me a few years to realize that the only reason I ever played Sonic in the first place was because it was cool. The music is good, the graphics look neat, but the games are just stunt-fest after stunt-fest. You run down a hill and watch Sonic go through loops and do all kinds of amazing stuff just so you can run into a spike wall or some random bullet. So then you slow down and tediously make your way through the level until you hit the next speed ramp. The 3D games are exactly the same way, only now you have camera and control issues.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Let's be friends!
FF3DS: 240602313427
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl