Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:35 PM #1 of 1323
Wow. Very nice. Too bad it's not coming out until 2007 =/

Now just tell me that there's another Earthbound character and an Advance Wars character or two, and I'm ecstatic. Those "Smash Bros. Logo Special Attack Orbs" just scream CO Power to me, so here's hoping.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Last edited by StarmanDX; May 11, 2006 at 12:41 AM.
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:30 PM #2 of 1323
As far as Advance Wars characters go:

Sami and Grit I agree with, and in fact a while ago in NP they had a poll amongst the staff to see who they'd like in the next SB, and Grit was one of the top choices. And with the inclusion of Snake, they might even break the tradition of "no real guns," making these two even more likely (although they'll still probably do "cartoon-damage" with real guns, of course).

Personally, I'd rather have Jake than Andy. He just seems to have a bit more personality, and his music theme would work in game. Andy could throw wrenches, I guess, but his repair theme just doesn't fit in.

And rather than Max, I'd prefer to have Grimm. Sure, I guess you could have Max as a close-range brawler with a weakness to projectiles/weakness with projectile items. But Grimm is a hilarious character, and would be great as a high-offense/low-defense close range brawler.

Javier has a sword, of course, and could have several defensive powers. I could also see Hawke working, with darkness-based projectiles. And maybe even Von Bolt, slowly floating around on his chair, which does both his A and B attacks, and probably with a paralysis move or two.

Lastly, a long time ago I came up with a moveset for Earthbound's Poo, who I think would work great in the game (Ness already stole Paula's moves, but Jeff would be cool with a bunch of gadgets).

A attacks - martial arts
B - PSI Starstorm (variant on the Star Wand, perhaps)
B smash - Sword of Kings
B up - PSI Teleport (weaker version of the Warp Star, takes a moment to initiate so that other players can try and stop him and it won't save him after falling off the edge beyond a certain point.)
B down - Mirror (becomes a copy of the nearest opponent, returns to normal with a taunt)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:17 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by Arbok
I think we all know who needs to show up somewhere in this game:

Yeah, that's right, Sturm from the Advance Wars games.
Yeah, but I think he and other not-quite-so-playable CO's should appear in an Advance Wars level, where they randomly pop up every so often and use a CO Power (Sturm using Meteor Strike, of course, Drake using Tsunami, Sensei summoning infantry and B-Choppers, etc).

How ya doing, buddy?

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:52 PM #4 of 1323
Quote:
Kalas (Batten Kaitos)
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that before. And not a bad idea, but it begs the question, why have Kalas when you can have The Great Mizuti?

Quote:
Princess Katia (Lost Kingdoms)
Hah, I was probably one of three people in North America who enjoyed that game, but apparently it was a bit more popular with the Japanese.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:19 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:19 AM #5 of 1323
I won't believe it until I hear it from a trustworthy source, but if it's true all I can say is... interesting. I can only wonder how Ridley will work, and if Cell-shaded Link will just be a Young Link replacement. (Now with 10% less clone!) Bowser Jr.... Ugh, not a big fan of the kid, but the idea of a smaller, faster Bowser does sound interesting.

I too won't be missing Ice Climbers or Young Link, but poor Game and Watch, we hardly knew ye. Sure, I've never known anyone who was particularly good with him, but he was great fun. On the other hand, I certainly won't be missing his Flat Zone level (thank God for the option to disable maps in random selection).

I was speaking idiomatically.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:01 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 10:01 PM #6 of 1323
I like the part where 3 games out of several make a franchise crash. (Yeah, Sonic Next, Heroes, and Riders sucked hard.)
Because Shadow the Hedgehog didn't exist, and Adventure 1 and 2 were masterpieces? I think two "meh" games followed by four craptacular ones are plenty capable of crashing a franchise.

Quote:
I wonder just how this game is going to "feel". Sakurai mentioned that he wanted the game to be slowed down, and it probably looks like it might be closer to the first Smash. Is that good or bad in your opinion?
I'm hoping it's more like Smash Bros 64, if only because it might lead to a bit more balance. Of course, balance depends almost entirely on the characters themselves, but in Melee, some characters were able to take more advantage of the game's higher speed than others. I also seem to remember SB64 being less exploitable, but that probably had little to do with the game's speed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl