Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 01:01 PM #1 of 1323
Im rather surprised that no one seems to have thought of this (or if they have then maybe I skimmed the thread too quickly). But if Old Link is the Twilight princess version, then why not have Young Link be the Wind Waker version. Aesthetically it'd make perfect sense and they wouldn't have to be clones of each other play wise. Plus - if they each had thier own stages - the look and feel of them would be a very interesting visual contrast.

Most amazing jew boots
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:13 PM #2 of 1323
i am SOOOOOOO happy to see Ridley here. i'm very curious as to what his move set will be considering he's so differently designed from other characters. Theres a lot of opportunities for a character like him, plus its nice to see metroid get some more love.

While I hate to see the Ice Climbers go, I am glad that Sakurai chose to replace them with another classic character in the form of Pit. Considering the popular reaction when it was originally announced, and the nostalgia factor for Kid Icarus among Japanese and American fans I think that it was a very good move. Better to replace one classic character (counting the Climbers as one) with another rather than replacing them with a modern day character I say. I would LOVE to seea modern day revival of Pit should this go over well.

i've been saying for a while now that the N64 Young Link would be replaced by the Wind Waker Young Link. That transition just seems like a no-brainer to me considering Old Link will be the TP version.

With Metaknight already here and several Nintendo slots still left open I'm figuring that King Dedede may actually make the final roster after all which would be hella sweet. A heavier version of Kirby with a giant mallet but with a more handicapped float due to his weight would rock.

While I am not hot on Bowser Jr, a lightweight version of Bowser does sound intriguing. I just wish that the original Koopa Kids would get more love.

I wont really miss Mr. Game and Watch much but I'm sure that considering we'll get a couple of 3rd party characters as a substitute is a good alternative.

Lastly - concerning the third party charcters: Am I the only one who thinks Rockman/Megaman is practically a shoe-in for this? His character is perfect for a game like this. A) The megaman series already has a huge back catalogue on Nintendo B) The whole 'weapon adaptation/color change" system for his Mega Buster is just like Kirby sucking up a character and getting thier power C) Capcom has practically been in bed with Nintendo for several years now even developing several of the handheld Zelda's. D) Sakurai has already mentioned him on the consideration list. I just can't forsee one of those empty slots *not* going to him.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:18 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Just a quick question, is Bowser Jr. the main bad guy from the Yoshi's Island game?
Yes and no.

The Yoshi's Island version (and the same one in Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time and *possibly* Yoshi's Story) is actually Baby Bowser - King Bowser Koopa as a kid.

Bowser Junior is actually the eigth Koopaling who looks exactly like Baby Bowser and has a skull neckerchief (my guess is Baby Bowser proved popular but doesnt fit current continuity alongside his grown up self except in odd cases like PiT). He was originally introduced in Mario Sunshine (Peach is his mother?) and more recently used in as a miniboss in New Super Mario Brothers for the DS.

Originally Posted by Shadowlink
Still, I thought Pichu would have been one of the first to be axed, leading me to be skeptical about the report.
I honestly don't see them removing Pichu. Thats not to say that they wont, its just...If you think about it, regardless of whether you like or dislike the Pokemon and/or find them useless, Pichu is really the only character who comes into every match completely handicapped due to his attacks gradually killing him. Most expert players I know consider Pichu as a "challenge character" because of this while most beginner and moderate characters hate him. IMO I think its that very challenge factor along that makes him infinitely more interesting (notice I didnt exactly say useful) in the roster than Jigglypuff who doesn't really have much else besides his sleep attack. =\ If you can beat all the characters and SSBM with Pichu you can master pretty much anything the game throws at you.

EDIT: Responding to Psycho Josh

I just had a HORRID thought. What if one of those 15-20 empty slots *DOES* go to Petey Pirahna. He's become fairly popular for some absurd reason and its not like he doesn't have a number of attacks given Sunshine and Partners In Time. That thought is actually very groan-worthy but I suppose it would be fun as hell (and just as absurd) to use Snake in totally taking him down. XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Dubble; Jun 7, 2006 at 05:22 PM.
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:04 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 03:04 AM #4 of 1323
I'm really hoping for alternate costumes myself to be honest

Mario --> Dr. Mario --> Mario Strikers --> Mario Sunshine
Wario --> Original Look --> Wario Ware Look
Samus --> Without Armor --> Fusion Suit --> Phazon Suit
Link --> Fierce Diety Link (You know that would rock)

That sort of thing would be really killer IMO.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:09 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 11:09 AM #5 of 1323
I honestly can't see how they would pull that off. Though technically all of Melee's arenas were pretty much 2D based so...I suppose they could do that if they wanted to be creative. I just cant imagine what that would look like or how that would play...

Most amazing jew boots
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 04:13 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by ZeroXion
i also heard that they will only place characters that have been on a nintendo system...like snake because he was on a game for nes/snes..i think...anyway
Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 for NES and The Twin Snakes for Gamecube to be specific

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 05:14 AM #7 of 1323
Hehehe. Alex Kidd Rock paper scissor your enemies to death. XD

I kid I kid.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 03:44 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 02:44 AM #8 of 1323
Technically, aren't all of the characters in the Smash Bros series toy versions of thier counterparts and Master Hand/Crazy Hand are the hands that operate them? They all do turn into little toys/trophies at the ends of their games but maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:08 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 05:08 PM #9 of 1323
I would prefer the duplicate characters to be removed and relegated to different costumes instead (Doctor Mario, I'm lookin' at you.)

What I think would be really nice is if a different costume gave you an extra power or possibly a handicap. For instance if you give Mario the Dr. Mario costume he can toss Megavitamins at opponets but it might downgrade is jumping ability or something like that. Something like that would add a lot to the playability and strategizing of the characters. I.E. Black and white Kirby has all the powers of regular kirby, but he can't steal powers much like in the original game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dubble; Jan 18, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl