Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 01:15 AM #1 of 1323
I know that it didn't come from an official source, but I hope that they don't cut Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch in the end. Really, I don't want them to cut any character since they first introduced them and then people have been playing with them over the last several years. Then when the people who like those cut out characters play SSBB, they'll be like "WTF? Where's _____?" (But if they must, I can understand them cutting Pichu and Dr. Mario, while giving a Dr. Mario alternate costume to Mario. I can also understand them turning Young Link into the cel-shaded Link.)

Ridley is a good choice to add. Smash Bros. needs more Metroid characters other than Samus. I'm not worried about Ridley's size since he was the same size as Samus in Metroid. (Besides, did you notice Bowser's size in Super Mario 64?!) Ridley has enough moves in the original games (between Super Metroid and Prime) that I think they won't have to make a bunch of crap up like they did with a few characters in Melee.

Space Pirates could've also made a good choice for a Metroid character since they have some things that could be derived from Metroid Prime such as lasers, bombs, whacking Samus with their arms, invisibility, flying, kamikaze deaths, and the costume variations (and with Brawl, who knows, possibly weapon variations too) of the different colors of the Power, Wave, Ice and Plasma troopers. Maybe even being half-invisible with electricity running over them as an alternate costume instead of a move.

Cel-shaded Link...well...in The Wind Waker, aside from the conducting stick that controlled the wind (sorry, I don't remember the name of it), I don't recall Link having anything different than he's had in any other games. So my guess is that he'll still have the usual sword, bombs, bow and arrows and boomerang but play a lot differently than the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess older Link.

Bowser Jr...eh, I guess could be like a small, fast, weak Bowser, which I guess would be neat for awhile, but then you're getting into what was Young Link/Link in SSBM. But unlike that relationship, Bowser Jr. has never done anything Bowser has. (Fire, Butt Stomp, Scratch, etc...) Aside from painting graffiti, he really doesn't have any original moves that I can think of. I don't really like this.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't like it when moves are made up for characters. I like to see shit derived form their original games. Sheik shooting needles and using a whip annoyed me, but I can understand that. BUT when Pichu and Mewtwo started doing things they've never done in a Pokemon game before, only in the TV show and the movies, that really pissed me off. (Pichu taking damage from his own attacks, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, etc.) The moves should come from the games, not from the movies just because it's what the fanboys want.

My rule of thumb is that if a character is in a well known game and has enough moves to where the creators don't have to make up things for his or her "B"-smash moves, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be in Smash Bros. However if a character is well known but doesn't have very a very good - if any - catalogue of moves, then the creators should include them with made up moves, like Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco and Donkey Kong. Giving characters other character's moves like Zelda using Link's Din's Fire, Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind and Ness using Paula's PK Fire I'm indifferent to since each situation is different. Zelda using those moves I kind of understand since I have an intuition of the Ocarina of Time storyline. Ness using PK Fire annoyed me since there were other moves in Mother 2 he could have used.

Anyway, since it's the first time I've posted in this thread - let me just say this.

I'm glad to see Wario show up. However, the fact that he's wearing his Wario Ware costume by default and has that gas attack concerns me. I was hoping for a yellow Wario (with his Wario Ware costume as an alternate) whose attacks are derived from the Wario Land series, not those wacky mini-games from the Wario Ware series.

Zero Suit Samus...ehh... While she's great eye candy to look at, I can't see her having all that many attacks. Well, obviously she will since she's already announced to be in the game, but from what? The only thing she had at the end of Metroid Zero Mission was
Spoiler:
a laser stun gun that froze Space Pirates in place and had to recharge between uses,
though the trailer showed her with some type of light saber thing. (LOL, Star Wars rip off just like the item in both SSB and SSBM.) Also, will Zero Suit Samus be an occurance after normal Samus takes a certain amount of damage, can you change back and forth like Zelda/Sheik or will she be a selectable character?

Meta Knight...I played Kirby Super Star a long time ago and don't remember much. I'll have to replay it sometime before Brawl comes out.

Pit/Snake - I've never played Kid Icarus or any Metal Gear Solid games, but I'll have to check them out soon.

I have other things to say, but this post's getting long, so I'll stop for now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jun 9, 2006 at 01:18 AM.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:34 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 03:34 PM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Okay, first of all, Space Pirates would've made a horrible choice. The characters that end up as playable in Smash Bros. should be limited to the MAIN CHARACTERS, and in no way should include just the plain regular enemies. Otherwise they'd just fill up the entire roster with stupid crap like Goombas, Chain Chomps, Rattatas, Waddle Dees and Octoroks. This is utterly retarded.

Also, if you read the thread you'd know that Cel-shaded Link is just a graphical swap of Young Link and will have all the same moves.
Ha! I knew somebody would compare the Space Pirates to the standard enemies in other games! The difference there is most of those enemies damage the main character only by bumping into them, while Octoroks shoot rocks (or whatever) at Link. Space Pirates, on the other hand, have a decent set of moves they used against Samus in Metroid Prime.

Yes, I've been reading this thread. Cel-shaded Link was mentioned in this thread as being Young Link before that article appeared, which mentioned nothing about Young Link's moves. After it appeared, Helloween was the only one that said anything about Young Link's moves:

Quote:
Windwaker Link? ok, it's a given, but it's hardly a new character addition. Guess what moveset he's gonna have. Adult link's almost move for move i bet you, except with cartoony animations.
and I commented on his specific moves and that he'd play differently than the other Link.

Quote:
Cel-shaded Link...well...in The Wind Waker, aside from the conducting stick that controlled the wind (sorry, I don't remember the name of it), I don't recall Link having anything different than he's had in any other games. So my guess is that he'll still have the usual sword, bombs, bow and arrows and boomerang but play a lot differently than the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess older Link.
Considering that this is all speculation, I don't think anybody but the producers knows anything about any of Cel-shaded Link's moves.

Quote:
Zero Suit Samus isn't a selectable character; read her profile on the Smash Bros. website...
I had read her profile right when the site had launched but never went back to it. When I was typing my post last night I was doing everything off the top of my head and didn't remember that. I admit it, that's my bad.

Quote:
Quote:
A lot of shit that proves I didn't read enough.
....for god's sake, do you even read ANYTHING?
I fail to see how saying something similar to what's been said once and forgetting one thing about a character among that big post is equivalent to "A lot of shit that proves I didn't read enough." If somebody just said one thing and nobody repeated it or quoted it along with a "I agree..." then this thread would be a fraction of it's size. (Not that I'm complaining.)

Additionally, I was going to comment on things that I noticed or though of, like how the castle in the background of a few screenshots looked Fire Emblem-esque, but it's already been discussed that it probably comes from Path of Radiance. I also thought of the idea that certain alternate costumes could use different powers, like Vaccuum Luigi, etc., but Acer's already suggested it and it's been discussed.

And, you need to cool your jets, buddy. It can't be good on your health to get so bent out of shape so easily.

Originally Posted by PsychoJosh & WraithTwo
Also, that "lightsaber" thing isn't a sword, it's a whip, and it's just coming from her pistol....Just a quick clarification, the "light saber" thing is a whip, not a sword. Its definetly not "just" a sword at least, although it IS possible that instead of simply being a gun/whip, it could end up being a gun/whip/sword hybrid weapon...
Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Hopefully, it will be some type of hybrid weapon. That'll be interesting!

Double Post:
Originally Posted by kuttlas
I just don't appreciate this guy trying to start shit.
And he won't. If he comes back with his fists swinging, I'll ignore it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jun 9, 2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 12:16 AM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by Helloween
I think it's a given that WW Link will be in the game, at least as a cameo. SSB is more or less about Nintendo History, and the melding of everything Nintendo. WW was a big part of Nintendo, it's a freaking Zelda game.
True dat.

You know what I hope returns to Brawl that was in the N64 Smash Bros. but not in Melee?

The character intros right before each battle.

Each character had their own intros they did before battle. Fox and Captain Falcon got out of their machines, Samus stepped out of a Super Metroid save station, Link came off of a beam of light (like he did after defeating the bosses in Ocarina of Time), Mario and Luigi jumped out of warp pipes, Donkey Kong escapes from a DK barrel, etc. It was one of the things in the game that helped it create that feeling of "Nintendo melding" and nostalgia and I don't see why it was removed from Melee.

Another thing that I missed in Melee were a few elements from the classic Super Mario Bros. stage - namely the POW block, the piranha (sp?) plants, the warp pipes and the two-level design on one side of the stage. The breakable bricks and ? blocks are cool and all, but I liked the SSB stage better. I hope that in Brawl, they bring back all of the classic Super Mario Bros. stage elements.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jun 12, 2006 at 02:22 AM.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:21 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 02:21 AM #4 of 1323
Originally Posted by immp
Yes it would be nice if they went completely nuts and included all the stages thus far. That be a lotta freaking stages though. >_>
No sorry, you misunderstood me, and it's my fault. I meant all of the classic Super Mario Bros. stage elements, not everything from Melee.

Will fix post.

Most amazing jew boots
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:10 PM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Zero Suit Samus. Hot or Not? =S
Hot. If this thread were in the Sewers, I wouldn't have any problem posting a hentai I found on 4chan of Zero Suit Samus masturbating with a Wii-mote. =O

Originally Posted by Rayne
Is she an alien? Some kinda female mutant. But if She's from Earth... I would have to say Definately.
Nope, she's not an alien; she's supposedly the last human to come from Earth after the space pirates wiped everybody out except her. Then the Chozo came to Earth and found her and made her into a warrior.

Besides, does it really matter whether she's an alien or not when it comes to how hot she is?

Most amazing jew boots
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 12:40 AM #6 of 1323
It's possible that there were other humans in space if and when the Earth was attacked, so those humans make the race live on.

I take it you got your info from the Chozo Lores, but ever watch the cutscenes in Metroid Zero Mission? If I remember right, it shows the Chozo finding her crying as a little girl among devistation and debris. Earth may still be around, but it's in ruins.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 09:23 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
It could be his shield, which would be hilarious.
Yoshi used an egg for a shield in SSBM. So, who knows, maybe Snake will use his box...

FELIPE NO
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:06 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 07:06 PM #8 of 1323
Since I haven't played any Metal Gear Solid games, I'm not familair with his past moves or history, obviously.

But I'm wondering; will his moves, etc., come from only the 'on-Nintendo' Metal Gear Solid games or will some of them come from the Playstation MGS games?

My intuition tells me it will be the former of the two, but I can't help but wonder since it's possible to get retards that will say "WTF? Why can't I do ____ that he did in Metal Gear Solid __ on Playstation?" when they play with him in Brawl.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 06:45 PM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
....and if it even gets that far, I hope it goes no further because if they even dip into any chaos members it might be too much of an already lukewarm thing.
Yes, I agree. If they add the newer gay characters they've created in the newer Sonic games, that would be lame as hell. (I hate the newer Sonic games.)

Anyway Sonic would be awesome addition to Brawl and Tails and Knuckles would also be OK.

However, the thing with Tails and Knuckles is that for the most part, they really aren't that different from Sonic.

First, all three can do the spin dash...

(I would guess that this would make a good B+Down or just B move, but it shoots to the right, so I don't know...)

All of their jumps make them curl up and hurt enemies.

(I'd want to say that every time Sonic/Tails/Knuckles jump, they'd curl into a ball and damage opponents, but that's probably a little unfair to the rest of the characters in the roster. However, they could make them jump normally but use this as B+Up or B, but seeing Sonic jump normally would look weird.)

And as somebody said on the last page, the abilities from Sonic 3/Knuckles could be used.

Electricity...

(I'd think that electricity can be used for B+Up [or just B if jumping and curling into a ball is used for B+Up] with the four sparks that come off damaging nearby opponents, the electricity staying on temporarily, attracting metallic items [like it does rings] and damaging opponents that touch it.)

And finally, fire...

(Fire could be used for B+Over, but doesn't stay on like electricity.)

When it comes to their attack differences, I can't think of any between Sonic and Tails (unless their Super Sonic and Super Tails abilities are different in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I wouldn't know. I've never got all of the chaos emeralds.)

Knuckles on the other hand, could use his...knuckles to fight.

(Since all of the B buttons are used up, punching with his knuckles would make a good SMASH+A attack. Or hell, just running into people with them like he does certain walls.)

If they wanted to get creative, they could let him use a bomb, like he did when he bombed Launch Base Zone:

And if they don't want to put that in there, then hell, he can just crush his opponents with a big rock:

Another way the three of them are different is in their ability to recover.

Tails could fly...

but like Kirby and Jigglypuff, he only has a limited amount of time in addition to the electricity. So... *fly*...*start to fall down*...*electricity*...*back up on stage* And like Kirby and Jigglypuff, he would be lighter and easier to throw around and his attacks would be weaker than everybody elses.

Knuckles could glide through the air, use the electricity, grab onto the side of the stage and crawl back on (sorry, no screenshot), but his glide wouldn't be that good and it would be limited, making recovery harder than Tails. So...*glide a little ways while still falling fairly fast*...*come out of glide, unable to use it again*...*electricity*...*grab the bottom of the stage*...*crawl up*...*back up on stage.* His attacks would be stronger than Tails and he would be harder to throw around.

Sonics ability to recover would totally suck ass since he can't fly, glide or grab, but he would be hard to throw around and the strongest of the three.

So basically, they would be clones of varying strength with different recovering abilities and hopefully some different attacks (Knuckles' SMASH+A = punch with knuckles), though their B button attacks would probably be the same. (Not sure how Knuckles could throw a bomb or roll a rock, but whatever, just two unlikely possibilities.)

Thoughts?

And while we're on the topic of Sonic in SSBB, what about Death Egg as a stage? There are more than enough hazards to choose from (I'm not going to talk about all of them, my post is long enough) but the one that would make it the most interesting would be switching the gravity back and forth. Have two of those switches on the edge of the stage or something, one on top, one on bottom, and when the bottom on is pressed, everybody fights updside down until the other switch on the top is pressed!

It would sure make for some interesting matches.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Oct 27, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl