Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 04:11 PM #1 of 1323
My main charcter is Young Link. He can kick ass, but it's tougher. I enjoy the challenge. I choose him for his versatile moves, and he's quicker with them than Link (though YL is weaker, hence the challenge).

Anyway, you guys seen that Japan can help fill in the roster?
Hope it comes out in English!

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by shadowlink56; May 14, 2006 at 05:52 PM.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 07:36 PM #2 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
God damnnit, how many times has this been said? We know already. If you're not going to read the thread, then atleast do a search of the thread for words such as "roster". It only takes 5 seconds.
No one ever gets tired of telling people they're lazy. Don't worry, I'm well aware. Thanks!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by shadowlink56; May 14, 2006 at 08:39 PM.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 08:06 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by Helloween
Geeze, this whole thing has me thinking up ways to have like an equipment/cutomize system for Smash Bros. Each character could have elements from their games. Samus could have her suit from Fusion, and Prime, and whatnot, and you'd have to chose one before the battle. Each suit would have different attacks and such. Mario could have FLUD, or whatever else, Luigi could have the vaccum etc...

How weird would it be to have to customizables available for each character. Can you imagine Mario in Samus's Power suit?
It's amazing how far speculation can go, isn't it?

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 10:37 PM #4 of 1323
Answer: The other samus will be included, but only if you buy the special edition game. The line up of the previous characters will be the same save the following: Bowser has been scrapped, DK is now Diddy Kong, Goomba is now a playable character, and 128 more Pokemon have been added. These are all facts. I know because I made the game. I repeat, this is factual information.
Quit trying to elicit a negative response from people, troll.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:26 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:26 PM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
They should do this: Make Young Link like a whole new character by allowing him to switch between Deku/Zora/Goron masks, as in Majora's Mask. He wouldn't have the classic abilities that Adult Link has, but the new forms would make up for this.
But how well would that work? Sheik's swap move is down+B, so would YL have to switch 3 times to get to the desired character? That seems too tough to pull off in the heat of a battle, especially if you desire a specific move set from one of the variations. If each variation has a move set, it would almost make him too unbalanced because he'd have so much variety - Power in the Goron, Speed in the Zora, low targeting in the Deku, and all the things we already love about YL on top of that. Playing the game would be like playing four swords:Smash bros. - four Links in every battle!
Perhaps just alter his character with his special moves being related to the masks, allowing an "instant transformation" and separating him more from Adult Link.
I would like to see each individual character with its own unique fighting style instead of the clones. It would mean a big change is some of the most popular characters, but it would make for a more interesting game.

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:06 PM #6 of 1323
Originally Posted by RushJet1
it would work by costume changes. currently, on the character select screen, pushing X or Y cycles colors, but i think it would rock if they made X change characters that are related to the main one and Y change colors for the models.

i'd think they could make these unlockable, and they could also give the different "characters" different abilities as well- this would be better than having copies of these characters.

also, if this idea would fall through, i still think making costume changes full and changing the models for the characters based on costume is a good idea rather than just changing the color.
That could create a ridiculous amount of characters, and would too severely limit a character with good conversion potential like Young Link. How could I decide between Goron Link and Zora Link?
They also need room for all the characters we all want. I just ask that they don't OVERdo it, as it currently seems that it's very possible.
Snake, for me, is a bit over the top.

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 06:14 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 05:14 PM #7 of 1323
I heard a really great idea a while back that allowed many more characters into the game: Boss fights. Mario fighting Ridley or Mother Brain, Pikachu fighting Smithy, Ness fighting Ganon, and Link fighting Giygas, etc.
Better than those weird hands. While they were a decent challenge, they didn't feel very Nintendo-esque to me.
Of course, this would simply lead to people screaming they want to play as the bosses, just like they want to play as the sandbag. :doh:

FELIPE NO
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:48 PM #8 of 1323
Hammer bros. would most likely be along the lines of the Ice Climbers.
As for third party, I'm really glad they're thinking of Mother 3 charcters. That would be a big push to bring the game over here!
King K. Rool is a must, along with Geno. It would be great to see. Nin owns the rights to use Geno as they please now, along with Mallow (though I haven't seen any cameos).
Lolo and Lala would be . . . hard to add attacks to. They simply don't do much but push blocks and shoot eggs (in the original game). They did the same as Kirby bosses.
No Sonic though? hmmm.
I'm so excited though. It's going to be so hard to wait.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:12 PM #9 of 1323
That's nice that it doesn't concern you. But it concerns Nintendo.
There's hope because of the Wii Crystal Chronicles game, but it remains to be seen. Still, what's Square gonna do with him, make him the main character for FFXX?

Also, all this talk about "the moves HAVE to come from the games" is ridiculous. If that was the case, all Snake could do is hide in a box, shoot with a variety of weapons, crawl, and punch.
They add moves in when necessary, and make them fit the characters well.

Last edited by shadowlink56; May 23, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:41 PM #10 of 1323
What about all of the new hunters that were introduced in MPH? At least one of those would work as a new character.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:57 PM #11 of 1323
Hmm. That's an interesting take on Samus. I wonder what that could mean in relation to other characters. I like the idea of evolving during battle. Even Wario "builds gas" over time.
This could really break way to some interesting game mechanics! :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by shadowlink56; May 24, 2006 at 11:03 PM.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:20 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:20 PM #12 of 1323
They've adapted other characters to fit into the game. I mean, would Snake be your first pick? They'll have to do some heavy adapting for him, so why not Sonic?

His speedball could work like Yoshi's egg roll, he could punch and kick like everyone else, and maybe even change to hyper mode to do some more damage. It could work. At least I can imagine it more than Snake.

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:44 PM #13 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
This is why I don't think Sonic would be very good, and I don't mean to offend by the way, sorry if it came off that way. Anyways, so far the only attacks we have thought of are spinning/ other methods of smashing into things, and kicking. That's what Sonic's good at, but it would be pretty lame in a game like Smash. I guess they could throw him in (they being the mighty powers who make this descision) but he would probably just be unwieldly and chaotic, and suicidal. I forsee bad things for Sonic if he ventures into Smash.
Well then, if nothing else it would be funny.
I do agree though. It would be very difficult to translate his speed to SSB. The fastest character currently is Falco, and we don't need to make THAT any faster. Also, he would be a lemming most of the time, constantly killing himself trying to speed and bash.
Hmm. We'll see.

I was speaking idiomatically.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 03:31 PM #14 of 1323
He also mentioned that he'll only add about 1-2 characters, maybe. That's sad news. At least he'll adapt some of the clones into their own style. I bet Ganondorf's first.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 12:46 AM #15 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
I read the whole topic on Smashboards (Please... don't link there ever again) and here is what SamuraiPanda got out of the same message from Sakurai:

Breath easy.
I've tried to avoid their site as much as possible, but occasionally they have people there that pop on to give good info. Luckily I wasn't the one that linked!
Oh well.

FELIPE NO
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 02:57 AM #16 of 1323
It's also been hypothesized that there will be team attacks, and when thinking about the amount of combinations with all of the old and now new characters, that's a shit-ton of moves to devise and create!
Anybody up on their counting principles? Permutations and combinations? Anyone?

:biggrin:

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 07:53 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 06:53 PM #17 of 1323
I meant Falco. Y'all are idiots.

I always felt that Falco was quicker than Fox in a lot of areas. Moves are completed faster and he's more agile. Sheik seems to have a lot of speed on the ground but her moves are a little slower.

Falcon is slow as all hell. And clunky.

How ya doing, buddy?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 10:41 PM #18 of 1323
Maybe that's what the problem is, cause I always see Falco and Falcon falling . . . after I beat them down.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:07 PM #19 of 1323
Updated list:

Here's what I think!

Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros. - 1985) - Would be excellent and fun
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1988) - Why God why?
Petey Piranha (Super Mario Sunshine - 2002)* - Umm . . . No. Also, this character needs to leave the Mario series in a painful way.
Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996) - Yes Please!
"Cel-Shaded" Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002) - Would be nice to see Young Link take this style to separate him more from Link, but not as a new character.
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002)* - Umm . . . no. She's way cool, but I just don't see it.
Link's Uncle (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 1991)* - What? Why?
Ganon/Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda/The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 1986/1998) - Ganon would be cool as a boss, but he's too large IMO to be a playable. Ganondorf needs his own moveset though.
Ridley (Metroid - 1986) - The Super Metroid version would be cool if updated. with Ridley's new look. Most people say he's too big, but Bowser has had several sizes too. If not, he'd be cool as a boss too.
Peppy Hare (Star Fox - 1993)* - I love him, but he's not a fighter.
Slippy Toad (Star Fox - 1993)* - NO! Seriously, what the hell?
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures - 2002)* - I wouldn't mind this, even though she debuted in the worst Starfox game ever.
Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox 64 - 1997)* - This could be cool, but could also be too much like Fox.
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - 1994/1995) - Hmm. As a duo like Ice Climbers? They may REALLY have something there. They didn't really have any combo moves in DKC2, but I guess the Ice Climbers don't have many that don't also work on their own. I'd LOVE to see this.
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country - 1994) - Hmm. There's potential here. I'd like to see more DK characters, but K. Rool may be a little too awkward to control. Still, he has a lot of attacks that could be translated well. We'll see.
Ninten (Mother - 1989) - Heh. He's too much like NES, really. I'd rather see Lucas with Claus.
Jeff (Mother 2 ["EarthBound" in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995]) - I really like Jeff, but I'm not sure he'd be a great Smash fighter.
Claus (Mother 3 - 2006) - See above
Lucas (Mother 3 - 2006) - See above
Lololo and Lalala (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992) - No real translatable moves for Smash. They just push blocks around. I love these guys from their old NES trilogy, but I just can't see it.
King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992) - A must for me. They need more Kirby, even with Metaknight in there. He has so many translatable moves. PLEASE!
Oguma (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990) - Dunno
Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - 1996) - Dunno
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005) - Dunno
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)* - Dunno
The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005) - Dunno
Black Shadow (F-Zero X - 1998) - I'd like to see him or Samurai Goroh from F-Zero.
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus - 1986)* - Heh. Why? Pit made it in, but that's enough for me. Maybe as an enemy or something. Just because he was on TV in the 80's doesn't mean he should be a playable character
Little Mac (Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream - 1990) - This would be cool but tough to translate. Gotta love the underdog!
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!! - 1994) - Mmm. Just Little Mac would be enough. Then King Hippo could be a boss or enemy.
Ray 01 (Custom Robo - 2004) - No. Just no.
Captain Olimar (Pikmin - 2001) - Tough to translate, but I'd love to see it happen. He should make an appearance of some sort, even if Pikmin are an item
Tom Nook (Animal Forest - 2001)* - Weird.
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo! - 2005)* - Still no. As a fighter? How?
The Blue Virus (Dr. Mario - 1990)* - Heh! Weirdest character suggestion award right here! Why in the world would people want him? Even as a trio of fighters, how would they fight. Make them enemies if anything.
Lip (Panel de Pon - 1995) - Heard a lot about her, and her stick made it into the last game. Don't know much about her though.
The Urban Fighter (Urban Champion - 1984)* - Funny! Another toughie to translate to SSBM, but funny.
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou - 1986) - Huh? Heh. Dunno.
Harry the Robot (Teleroboxer - 1995)* - Another weird one. Doubt it would work. Just nominated because it's a popular new game, really.
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight - 1993) - Dunno
Donbe (Shin Oni ga Shima - 1987) - Dunno
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - 1989)* - Dunno
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 2006) - Dunno
#111 Possibly "Cat-Eye Link?" - who? Could that be Wolf Link instead?

Third Party Suggestions

Mega Man (Capcom) (Mega Man - 1987) - Would be very cool and easy to translate. Good luck!
G-Red (Capcom) (Gotcha Force - 2003) - Who? Dunno.
Simon Belmont (Konami) (Castlevania - 1986) - Would be very cool. Haven't played much of the games, but it would be great to see the whip!
Colonel Yevgeny Borisovitch Volgin (Konami) (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 2004) - Snake is plenty. Get out.
Power Pro-Kun (Konami) (Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '94 - 1994)* - Dunno.
Lupus (Rare) (Jet Force Gemini - 1999) - No. Not popular enough.
Sora (Square Enix, Inc.) (Kingdom Hearts - 2002) - I like him, but let's not go there. They'd probably have to pay way too much anyway.
Doctor Wright (Maxis) (SimCity - 1991)* - HAHAHA! Might be nice as a cameo or something, but as a fighter? Got his own trophy. Still, very funny.
Princess Katia (From Software) (Lost Kingdoms - 2002) - Dunno.
Kalas (tri-Crescendo/Monolith Soft) (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - 2003) - Dunno.
Thomas (Irem) (Spartan X ["Kung-Fu Master" in the U.S.] - 1984)* - Dunno.

Not mentioned in the list but mentioned in Nintendo Power a while ago:

Waluigi - Overkill IMO.
Dark Samus - Would be cool to see some more Metroid Characters, but some of the other bounty hunters would be cool.
Grit from Advance Wars - Odd one. I like him, but not really a fighter. He's more of a strategist. Heh.
Fawful from M&L:SS - He should make an appearance. He'd be cool as a fighter, but good as an enemy or cameo too.
Poo from Earthbound - Might be the best character to grab from the Mother series because they could really go wild with his moves and make him fun.
Bald Bull from Punch-Out!! - Another good choice if they decide to do anything with this series.
Paper Mario Pals - No. I like 'em, but not as solo fighters.
Sonic (obviously a favorite) - I'm kinda done talking about the blue guy. It'd be great to finally play the classic Sonic vs. Mario game. I hope it happens.
Vacuum Luigi - Wha? No. Luigi's just fine as he is.
Deku Shrub Link - Huh? Why this one and not Zora or Goron Link? It might be cool to give YL a move set that utilizes these characters though.

I have heard a lot of speculation and a lot of interesting concepts, like dropping a jump button and a shield button to gain some new moves, boss fights, etc.
I'm almost TOO excited for this game!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:55 AM #20 of 1323
Originally Posted by RushJet1
i've always hated the fact that UP on the control stick makes you jump - i've wasted many a double jump doing that ...
I REALLY hope they drop that too. I was a much more efficient character in the N64 version when it was harder to use up to jump, and it was less sensitive.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:44 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 04:44 AM #21 of 1323
Originally Posted by chaofan
Well apparently this Wario will be the Wario from the WarioWare series, so his moveset may be off-the-wall and kooky. Of course, there may be a chance for brute in his "A" button attacks.
We can only hope. I was personally hoping for a more traditional approach for Wario, adding in his Gator hat from Warioland, his charge, his piledrivers from Wario World, etc. However, I'm just glad he's in the game!

I was speaking idiomatically.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 12:56 PM #22 of 1323
Still, with all of the minigames that Wario stars in in the Wario ware series, I'm kind of curious what will come out of it. As long as it's not too over the top, I'll be fine.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by shadowlink56; Jun 4, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 01:50 PM #23 of 1323
I's really hate to quote myself, but I already talked about that.

Most amazing jew boots
shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 07:16 PM #24 of 1323
Some people seem keen on putting words in my mouth.
I hope Wario won't get too outlandish in move style, like making him the new Boogerman or something.
As for moves, I have faith in the balance of the game, as they spent so much time making each character well-balanced and not too powerful in the last two. Everyone, even Pichu if you're really good, has the potential to kick your butt.

shadowlink56

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:01 PM #25 of 1323
I don't think that they'll get rid of such a popular character. MANY people use Sheik exclusively. There are plenty of other characters they can drop/remake.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl