Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:33 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 01:33 AM #1 of 1323
I'm hoping they evolve the series a bit further. The evasion techniques were virtually the only advancement in the series last time around...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 01:18 AM #2 of 1323
Well, I don't know about speed but Sheik certainly is more agile than Falco. He's got the biggest number of self KO's on my game!

How abouts we add Star Wolf? At least one antagonist from each game plz, Nintendo.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 04:30 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
I was hoping he was more of a physical, brutish character than just a bizarre gag one.
Well apparently this Wario will be the Wario from the WarioWare series, so his moveset may be off-the-wall and kooky. Of course, there may be a chance for brute in his "A" button attacks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:45 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 11:45 PM #4 of 1323
Ahh, but if you had the skill to evade/dodge all the items and be good at any stage, you'd be a TRUE master.

Smash Brothers was and will always be the game where anyone can win. Of course, this ain't good for the people who consider themselves "pros" at the game but as I said above, if you really are THAT good then items and stage shouldn't be a problem.

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:49 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 02:49 AM #5 of 1323
To veer the topic back on track, any update at Sakurai's site?

Here's hoping they keep almost all gameplay options featured in Melee such as the 100-man melee, camera mode and HP mode etc. As for the reward system for Brawl, what would you like to see employed? Maybe the trophy system again or another system?

The trophy system may work well as there's the WiiConnect24 so...

I was speaking idiomatically.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:16 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 01:16 AM #6 of 1323
What do you reckon the replayability factor might be? For SSBM, it was the trophies but they wouldn't put that in again, would they?

I know I asked before but it seemed no one answered my question (either that or there weren't many ideas).

And I agree, it's hard to see Ridley translated onto SSBB.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 07:04 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 11:04 PM #7 of 1323
Personally, I prefer the ssbm design of Fox but, ne whatever. As long as he's similar to the SSBM Fox in terms of control, then all's well (epic battles with my evenly matched bro!)

Hopefully they release new info on other characters. I'm growing a bit tired of watching the first SSBB trailer over and over again (Samus butt-candy ain't old yet though).

FELIPE NO
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2006, 06:23 PM #8 of 1323
I'd say Pico and Samurai Goroh could make good additions to the character list... But lately they've been adding quite a lot of sword-based characters... Then perhaps James McCloud (hint hint)? Or maybe that prancer Jack Levin?

I just recently mastered the art of Jigglypuff's Down B move. They'd better not remove her!!!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 11:55 PM #9 of 1323
Well, I'd take it that people would want more "new" characters in the "new" installment of the Smash series. Most series in the roster have pretty much been covered.

Mario and Pokemon are the only series in the game that I'd have trouble including characters from. The point of having another F-Zero character is that not only would it add a new character and a help represent the F-Zero series, it might bring in a new style of play. Remember when the Fire Emblem duo were introduced into SSBM? I ended using them the most.

I think they should explore more characters with the F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Metroid and Donkey Kong series, as well as bring in some retro characters.

IN OTHER NEWS I'd like to see what Nobuo Uematsu is going to do with the soundtrack of SSBB. Hirokazu Ando's music was brilliant but inconsistent at times (e.g. the end of the score did not link with the start). Wait, is Nobuo Uematsu doing the soundtrack or was he just composing for the trailer?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 08:10 PM #10 of 1323
What ever happened to wanting Sonic in SSBB?
Oh yeh that's right: Sonic the Hedgehog (X360, PS3).

Y'know, I think they should have a slot for a your own personal Mii character. There's no sight of any new games that'll feature your Miis.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:54 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 01:54 AM #11 of 1323
Woops, my comment on Sonic caused some flames...

Even if they don't include new characters now, perhaps WiiConnect 24 can rectify that?

And PsychoJosh, perhaps the Mii character night not have to use Wii Sports/Play moves in it, and he could possible stand in for Game and Watch for the "brizzaro character" title. I wouldn't be able to see custom moves work, so perhaps Nintendo should just create random moves, but use your Mii as the character to act it out...

(Am I making sense or is 2am-itis affecting me?)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chaofan

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 08:36 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 12:36 AM #12 of 1323
The clone characters just need to have individual moves, that's all. Those that can't differentiate themselves from the character they're cloning should be removed, ie Dr. Mario, Young Link.

Pichu should be replaced with a more worthy pokemon. Marth/Roy will most likely be replaced by two new FE characters, with one hopefully retaining some aspects of Marth and Roy, while the other one being a different class altogether. Falco could be differentiated, but perhaps Krystal would be better? And Ganondorf could take his TP form into Brawl.

I think I read somewhere that Ice Climbers and G&W were getting the boot. I celebrate the decision to exclude Ice Climbers, since they weren't really significant in Nintendo history. G&W getting the boot is a bit sad really, but from the trailers it seems Wario might be the character who has "spiritually succeeded" G&W with his limited frame-like movements...

Jigglypuff has become by second most use character ever since I mastered the Sleep move. They'd better not remove her!!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl