Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:15 AM #1 of 1323
Here's hoping that Sonic and Crono make it in too. *crosses fingers*

Like the rest of you, I was surprised that Snake is in SSBB. One

word: awesome. Nintendo just pwned everyone.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 07:52 PM #2 of 1323
As long as Sonic is in there, I don't care who's cut...except for Roy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:07 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
I seriously hope Sonic is right where he damn well belongs: Far, far away from SSB:B. The addition of Sonic would not enrich, but rather deteriorate the game and screw it over for every one. Sonic can race, jump, ride, and adventure battle (seriously WTF?) all he wants, just keep him out of Smash.

Worst character idea ever.
How exactly would it deteriorate the game and screw it over for everyone?

Sonic Battle wasn't the best, but it's a good enough example that shows

Sonic can fight just as well as the people on Smash Bros.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:28 PM #4 of 1323
Homing attack, speed dash, spinball...those could work.

There's also the 3 shield attacks he had in Sonic 3.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 08:52 PM #5 of 1323
If they put another Pokemon in there, I'd be willing to bet on Meowth.

Not a regular one, the one from Team Rocket that talks.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:16 PM #6 of 1323
True, true. Sonic can fight just as well as anyone on the Smash Bros. roster. If they put Sonic in Brawl, then you've got a winning roster no matter who you put in there. If they don't then I sure hope they keep Roy in there.

Did they ever give a month of when Brawl would be released next year? For some reason, March is sticking in my mind.

Most amazing jew boots
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 08:23 PM #7 of 1323
Any idea what stage Wario and Kirby are fighting in? I can figure out the other ones but that one just doesn't look familiar at all...even when I saw it from the first trailer.

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:03 PM #8 of 1323
Originally Posted by Vash
I think they should throw in some FF characters from the NES era. As much as I'd like to see FF7 characters in it, they weren't on Nintendo...only 1-6, but still, it'd be kool.
To hell with the FF characters. If they need to put a Square-Enix character in there, it needs to be either Crono or Sora.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 02:18 PM #9 of 1323
Originally Posted by chaofan
What ever happened to wanting Sonic in SSBB?
Oh yeh that's right: Sonic the Hedgehog (X360, PS3).
After coming off an awesome game (no matter what Gamespot thinks), Sonic really needs to be in there now. If they don't put Sonic in this game then they're really missing out. I remember back in the 16-bit days when people wanted to see Mario vs. Sonic. Well, all we've got are flash animations to deal with that but Brawl would be the perfect place to make it known on home consoles. A good deal of posts back, it was stated that Sonic was the most wanted character in Brawl.

Sora in Brawl could either help or hurt. I dunno...only reason I mentioned him was because of Chain of Memories for the GBA. I never played any of the Final Fantasy titles on Nintendo (1-6) so...yeah. Geno wouldn't be a bad addition either, however, but as far as Square-Enix characters go Crono should have first dibs on Brawl.

Oh crap...I just realized that Chain of Memories had characters like Cloud in there. Cloud in Brawl...man, I actually don't want that to happen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 02:58 PM #10 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
Hell yeah man that game was fucking awesome!!! I love its abysmal, game-destroying glitches and shitty faux-JRPG plot about saving a magic princess and fighting god. Sega obviously realized that beta testing is for faggots and the result is an outstanding, legendary game right up there with Legend of Zelda!!! I mean, going through walls and floors... NO EXPERIENCE CAN BEAT THAT AT ALL!!! This game isn't completely fucking broken and unfinished, no sir!!! What?! What do you mean I'm a fanboy in denial about how shitlousy this game is?!? SCREW YOU, HATER!!!

Sonic is dead to me. I'm sure he is to many others as well, and rightfully so; I am deeply against his being in this game. I mean, Nintendo should have a standard of quality when trying to select characters to put in this game. All the characters in this game come from great, timeless franchises that at their worst, are still marginally decent. Sonic however, appeals to a very niche audience and is marred by an immense number of shit titles staining his brand. It's pathetic, his titles struggle to keep their score above a 3 out of 10, whereas Mario and Zelda titles get, what, 8s at their worst?

Picture this game like a fancy ballroom party with Nintendo as the bouncer. All the high-class superstars from Nintendo's quality game franchises are lovingly ushered in...then this washed-up, psychotic maladroit hedgehog shows up. He reeks of his own excrement and is covered in rum and pubes. And because he's followed by a gigantic torch-wielding lynch mob of his fursuit-clad fans, they should let him in? Think about that. It's not really fair. Why should the other star characters have to sit next to this utter and complete loser? He hasn't had a decent fucking game for the better part of a decade and you should really open your goddamn eyes to that.

The more I think about the less I want Sonic to be in this game. Dear God.
Hasn't had a decent game for around a decade? The one that came out on the 360 was much more than just decent. What about the Adventure series? How about the Advance series? What about Sonic Rush, and hell even Sonic Heroes? Ah, it all makes sense now. You're one of those 2-D fanboys that doesn't believe that Sonic can work in 3-D. Hey, Zelda isn't without its faults either. You don't believe me? http://www.thatgameblog.com/2006/11/...ound-in-zelda/

People didn't give the new Sonic game a chance. In fact the damn 2-D fanboys didn't like the Adventure series, which are some of the best Sonic games ever. Sonic deserves to be in Smash Bros Brawl, end of story. Maybe I am in denial, but after being disappointed with Shadow the Hedgehog and not being able to figure out Sonic Riders without dying 15 times a stage I welcome the new Sonic game with open arms. I gave it a chance and it ends up topping Heroes, the Advance games, hell I think it even beats the original Sonic and Sonic 2 on Genesis.

So you tell me why Sonic, who's been around for 15 years and still going strong, doesn't deserve to be in Brawl whereas someone like Pit who's only been in a couple of games (sorry, not trying to bash you Kid Icarus fans because I've never played the games so I can't clarify if they're good or not) deserves to be in Smash Bros. Brawl? You ask people who they would rather see: Mario vs. Pit, or Mario vs. Sonic? If he's such a loser then why is he still around? Oh that's right...because he still has a freakin huge fanbase. Maybe it's not as big as Mario's or Link's but a lot of people still love the blue hedgehog.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:50 PM #11 of 1323
Originally Posted by somedude2387
Pitt wasn't just in Kid Icarus, he was also in the TV and comic series Captain N the Game Master, which was my first exposure to him. I'm actually really looking forward to using Pitt in Brawl
I was a bit confused at first when they introduced him in the Brawl trailer as Pit because I had always known him as Kid Icarus from the Captain N series. Also in the cartoon, I remember how he usually ended his sentences with -icus.

I think it's great that you automatically assume that because I'm not a fan of one type of Sonic games, I'm a fan of the other. Right, because everyone's a hardcore Sonic fanboy like you, eh?
Normally it's safe to assume that because some of the people I've talked to on here who hate the 3-D Sonics have enjoyed the 2-D Genesis ones and wish he'd stay that way. If I were a hardcore Sonic fanboy, I'd like every single Sonic game that has come out. As much as you wish it to be true, it is not.

Ever since the Genesis days I haven't played a single Sonic game that wasn't a buggy, dull piece of shit.
Well that proves that you are one of those 2-D fanboys.

Quote:
I absolutely hated the Advance series and chances are if I hated them I'll loathe the DS version, so I'm avoiding it like the plague.
Alright, you are a Genesis 2-D fanboy instead of a 2-D fanboy. I love how you assume that if one game sucks, the other one will too when in fact, Rush turned out to be a really great game.

Also find it immensely hilarious that you think "hey if I point out a single flaw in another game, that completely defeats his argument about the game I like being riddled with massive bugs". The reason people aren't giving it a chance is because it's a total trainwreck of a game, and there is no way in hell that it's worth $60. Chances are you're going to tell me that I need to have played every single one of his games like you obviously have in order to have a valid opinion, right? I played it at my cousin's house (he made the mistake of renting it) and couldn't believe that this is what Sega considers to be a finished game. Of course, fanboys like you tend to scream with their fingers in their ears and deny obvious flaws like getting stuck on parts of the level geometry or experiencing massive clipping and shooting through walls. And don't fucking tell me it's not there because it happened at least 12 times when I played it.
Hey, I won't doubt that there are some problems with the 360 game but every game has its flaws no matter how hard you try to deny it. Even through all the games I've played, I have never played "The Perfect Game." I have a problem with the loading screens, yes. I have a problem with when I try to do a light speed dash on the rings after springing off a rope I do a bounce to my doom. So does that automatically make it a bad game? Hell no. Does it lose its enjoyment value? Once again, no. I continued playing and it turned out to be one of the best Sonic games I've ever played.

Let's see, because Pit's games (as few as they were) weren't buggy trashcan fillers that had him falling through floors for no reason at all? Or maybe it's because he hasn't had the chance to "hardcore" up his image with carjackings and 20 new characters in each sequel spanning the 17 years he's been around and getting progressively worse with each game.
Since I haven't played any of the Kid Icarus games I can't exactly say if your statement is true or not.

And I'm tired of the whole "Mario vs. Sonic" scenario bullshit. As if that didn't get super old in the 90's, the newgrounds populace has milked that cow dry and any entertainment the idea had at all is completely lost on me now.
This is different from newgrounds because if it were to happen on Brawl, it would be a first between Nintendo and Sega with their mascots appearing on the same game fighting each other.

That's awesome; it's not having good games that make a character, hell no! It's the fanbase that makes a character!

I mentioned this in my last post, did you even bother to read it?
That's correct because you can have good games and people will like certain characters more than the other characters.

I read your post again just because you asked me to. I'll even point out some things from it that I didn't before. Those youtube videos with the glitches? I didn't encounter them in the demo and I didn't encounter them in the final version of the game. Now there were some slowdowns, yes, but that was when there was a lot of stuff happening on the screen. It didn't slowdown the entire level.

Oh, and did you read my post?

I bet you thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a great game too, right? I thought it was pretty fucking stupid that a character that could run faster than a speeding bullet would kill people with bullets and even slower cars... and he still gets stuck on pieces of the level geometry at several points, in or out of a vehicle. Ugh.
Originally Posted by SuperSonic
Maybe I am in denial, but after being disappointed with Shadow the Hedgehog and not being able to figure out Sonic Riders without dying 15 times a stage I welcome the new Sonic game with open arms.
C'mon Nintendo, bring Sonic to Brawl along with some other third-party characters so that we can see some interesting fights.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:21 AM #12 of 1323
Yes, that makes it not just a bad game by definition, but a terrible game. You're telling me that doing a move in an area where you're supposed to do that move sends you to death instantly? This is just one example of the many bugs in a game you consider "well-beyond decent"? I really don't think Nintendo should dirty themselves by touching this filth-covered brand. I hope they don't.
Heh, I could say it adds to the challenge but oh well. I think this has gone far enough...you find it to be terrible I find it to be awesome. I can't force you to think my way. :P Still, I just want Sonic to be in Brawl. I'd rather have him in there than Megaman, which seems to be someone else people are holding out for (though I have no proof of it).

I just checked Gamestop and this game is still due out in June...though it can certainly change between now and then. The next time they release a trailer, they need to show a different character, maybe someone who hasn't been in the Smash Bros series before. I'm gonna call it right now; the next trailer when they show a newcomer, it'll be Yoshi or Donkey Kong.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:10 AM #13 of 1323
Gamestop's website has it down as June 1st, 2007 but then again that can change like it always has. :P

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:54 PM #14 of 1323
Been a while since I've posted on this thread. If Megaman ends up getting put in there, it should either be his original version or his X version. As for the whole "slowing down" part, I'd prefer that they didn't do it that way. I've played Melee countless times with my buddies and that's what I'm used to. I couldn't stand to go back to the original N64 speed.

Has there been any news of new levels or new characters (like Sonic) or maybe even a new trailer? If not, then I suppose they'll make us wait till E3.

Also, here's a thought. I remember that some characters from Melee were going to be removed from the roster for Brawl. Which ones would you like to see removed from the roster?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl