Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:36 AM #1 of 1323
Still no sign of the hi-res trailer? You disappoint me so, people

Anyway, this is a big and wonderfully, wonderfully pleasant surprise. I haven't even watched the trailer yet and I'm already loving it based on the incoming characters. Pit and Wario Ware era Wario <3

And I thought the presence of Snake was making this an april fools, but holy shit look at that box

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; May 11, 2006 at 03:38 AM.
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:28 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:28 PM #2 of 1323
Oh god, I just now got to see the hires trailer (thank you, Acer <3), megaupload was so slow to transfer.

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard (and probably tears of happiness) and can hardly contain my excitement. The game already looked so inviting, but then outta nowhere suitless Samus <3, her beam sword looks awesome, even though I have no idea where that came from, it still works.
And the way Snake appears, absolutely brilliant

IT'S SHOWTIME!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:35 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:35 PM #3 of 1323
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Dammit...just when I thought I didn't need a wii. I can't view the trailer and pics now (the sites are blocked), so could someone post some pics directly in here for me to view?

Does anyone think a Kremling would make it into the game this time around? Anthro crocodilians are cool. What about Charizard?

Hey man, if Snake can make it into the game, I'd like to see Mad Dog and Scorpion too. The Contra games rock.

The Nintendog thing sounds so cute. What puppy is it? Oh, never mind, someone posted a pic already. CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!
I seriously urge you to watch the trailer as soon as possible. It's pure gold.

Mario's new killer attack.

Link launching into his.

And performing it.

Mamma mia! (or insert WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!)

Suitless Samus is lovely.

"Knowing your enemy is the quickest path to victory!"

=o!

SHOOTAIMU-DA!

Most amazing jew boots

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:23 PM #4 of 1323
Wario Ware version of Wario does indeed rock. This however makes me yearn for more Wario Ware characters. Kat & Ana would be so marvelous, plus best suited for fighting, and I would loooove to try playing as Jimmy or Mona.

Hopefully they'll at least appear in cameos and the game will be filled to the brim with delightful inside jokes and references <3

Most amazing jew boots

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:18 PM #5 of 1323
I personally can't for the life of me understand why people are complaining that Snake "ruins the Nintendo purity". I never saw Smash Bros as a Nintendo Exclusive club, and since Snake was on GC, he's Nintendo enough for me and his inclusion was a genuine pleasant surprise. No one's even forcing them to play as Snake, did Soul Calibur fans actually whine about Namco ruining "SC purity" because Link or Heihachi were in part 2? =/

I don't naturally want them to go overboard with this and I'm sure they won't, so I welcome all third and first party characters alike with open arms and an enthusiastic grin.

I was speaking idiomatically.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:36 PM #6 of 1323
Advance Wars characters would be pretty awesome though. Sami and Max especially, plus possibly Grit with a rifle.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:53 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:53 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Actually, from what I've seen, most everybody is welcoming him with open arms now. People are WTFing more simply because it was so unexpected, I guess.
Ah, that's good. I wasn't saying I've been hearing a lot of complaints, but I was more talking about the people who have actually claimed to boycott the game because of Snake (not in this thread). As ridiculous as that sounds =/

FELIPE NO

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:08 PM #8 of 1323
Originally Posted by Newbie1234
and Dante
No.

Fuck Dante. I am fucking sick of Dante. Let him stay in his own games where he is at his element, Smash Bros does not need Dante in a shitty attempt to appeal to the Playstation crowd.

... Well, actually if something like that would get Playstationers to buy the game I'm all for it, but I could personally think plenty of other Capcom characters who'd be far more interesting.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:25 PM #9 of 1323
Snake debuted on MSX, I think it has more to do with Twin Snakes being on GC.

This is why Viewtiful Joe and Sonic are more likely.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:12 PM #10 of 1323
Speaking of duo characters, it would be awesome to see a Superstar Saga version of a Mario & Luigi duo, in the style of the Ice Climbers duo. They have a lot of moves already and the bizarre visual style would be a lot of fun too.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:51 PM #11 of 1323
Originally Posted by StarmanDX
As far as Advance Wars characters go:

Sami and Grit I agree with, and in fact a while ago in NP they had a poll amongst the staff to see who they'd like in the next SB, and Grit was one of the top choices. And with the inclusion of Snake, they might even break the tradition of "no real guns," making these two even more likely (although they'll still probably do "cartoon-damage" with real guns, of course).

Personally, I'd rather have Jake than Andy. He just seems to have a bit more personality, and his music theme would work in game. Andy could throw wrenches, I guess, but his repair theme just doesn't fit in.

And rather than Max, I'd prefer to have Grimm. Sure, I guess you could have Max as a close-range brawler with a weakness to projectiles/weakness with projectile items. But Grimm is a hilarious character, and would be great as a high-offense/low-defense close range brawler.

Javier has a sword, of course, and could have several defensive powers. I could also see Hawke working, with darkness-based projectiles. And maybe even Von Bolt, slowly floating around on his chair, which does both his A and B attacks, and probably with a paralysis move or two.
Now that you mention it, you know who I'd really love to see from the Wars series? Advance Wars 1 era MIGHTY KANBEI <3

Someone on 4chan also hilariously suggested Segata Sanshiro should be playable. The development team should just go nuts and add Nintendo staff in there too. Segata Sanshiro vs. Reggie~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:09 PM #12 of 1323
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Miyamoto Shigeru should be a playable character too. He could use Wiimotes as weapons!
His DS would print out money to drown the enemy with too.

No, what we'd need is IWATAAAA. He would grow gigantic with IWATA TIME

Either Pikachu isn't fazed by this at all, or he has no facial expressions

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:14 AM #13 of 1323
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
So... what is this "The Studio?"
Is this like some question for details and specific team member names, or do you actually not understand what the text is saying?

Quote:
Until the day comes when I can announce the team's name, I shall simply refer to them as "The Studio."
It's the team developing Smash Bros Brawl and they simply haven't named it yet.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:53 AM #14 of 1323
People don't seem to acknowledge what realistic suggestions are.

First off all it's likely they check the 3-5 most popular candidates and then ask their rightful owners if they are willing to let said characters in the game. At best, I'd say we'll get about two more third party characters and that'll be it.

Anyone suggesting/expecting Cloud, Jak, or even The Prince will be pretty sorely disappointed come the game's release. I would personally love to see all of them in the game, the more the merrier, but the fact that none of them have appeared on a Nintendo machine makes them a lot less likely candidate than say, Sonic (who I personally think is a slightly dull candidate) or Viewtiful Joe (who I would like to see, but will probably not be in there because of Red Hot Rumble).

I wonder if there will be voting for first party characters you want in as well? Advance Wars characters are definitely at the top of my list. Even as cameos or summon items if nothing else.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:01 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:01 PM #15 of 1323
Originally Posted by PsychoJosh
LITTLE MAC LITTLE MAC LITTLE MAC!!!!!
Fine. But only if I get Fawful >=0

FELIPE NO

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:33 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:33 PM #16 of 1323
So is it confirmed Smash Bros Brawl will be played exclusively with friends codes? Confirmed there will be no lobby systems or anything like that?

Even if there aren't, the internet will work around it. Animal Crossing GC wasn't online, but message boards dedicated to exhanging item made it work better than most online games.

People won't play tournaments online anyway and whatever professional gangs and communities there will be, they will have a website/message board to get to know people, set up games and share codes. In order to get to know them, you get to know them through the boards.

I would refuse to play against most people online I don't know anyway, whether it's at a public lounge or being contacted through a friend code, but maybe that's just me. It's like a Yahoo chatboard and AIM. I'm usually not too friendly with people who contact me on AIM out of the blue with something other than a question they need help with on the boards.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:05 AM #17 of 1323
A boss fight against a Metal Gear (I'd personally love Rex) would be hilarious, but that's probably a tad too much to ask.

Maybe King Dodongo or one of the other bigger Ocarina of Time bosses.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:36 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 03:36 PM #18 of 1323
Originally Posted by Rayne
I think you're right. In the video they showed both sides of hyrule. Which would mean that Link gets to go to the other side... I think. (And did anybody else see Kirby with Quina's Chef hat and Cookpot. Does this mean that someone from Final fantasy 9 will be in here?)
I saw Kirby with a Chef's hat and a cauldron. I didn't seen any connection with Quina.
A Square character in the game is still extremely unlikely, not that I wouldn't love being proven wrong.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:54 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:54 PM #19 of 1323
If a Square character does get put in, I'd say it'd likely be one of the Crystal Chronicles cast since those are easier to transfer and have appeared on the GC.
Crono would require a complete modeling in 3D and would make for a dull character anyway.

Either way, Square characters are not going to happen. Just forget it. Focus on Capcom and Konami.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:56 PM #20 of 1323
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
For people thinking Megaman would be like Samus:

That might happen. With Samus shedding her armor for this round, a new equivalent might be the one to be replace the old Samus. I predict a few others will be given entirely new movesets and someone new will become similar to their old selves (I'm looking at YOU, Ganondorf and the Fire Emblem characters)
I actually didn't think Zero Suit Samus would replace regular Samus. I felt it was strange they would present her as a "new character" in the video, but because of her energy sword her moves would be entirely different, that's somewhat understandable.
Thinking about it more, the armor falling off in the trailer may have more significance than I thought, but for now I'll at least hope regular Samus isn't out. If Mario & Dr Mario can be there, you'd think they could keep both Zero Suit and regular Samus, considering how few shooter characters there are.

How ya doing, buddy?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 12:07 AM #21 of 1323
I'm kinda doubting that. Zelda and Sheik at least works since that's how it was in Ocarina, but Samus's armor removal isn't exactly fast, and putting it back on is a whole lot slower.

I'm pretty sure if they keep both Samuses in the game, it'll be the same deal as Mario and Dr. Mario.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 04:18 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 11:18 AM #22 of 1323
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Geno made a camea in a recent Mario RPG. I can't remember which one though. If there were to be a Square-Enix character he'd be top choice because of relations and history of the character.
Yeah, he was in Superstar Saga, popped up during a few of the minigames (well at least one).

It would be interesting to see if they introduce a multiple plane system, similar to the PS2 Naruto Narultimate Hero games, where you could jump into the background or foreground (most stages usually had two or three planes) and continue fighting there. Doing this would be slightly tricky though as all the Naruto characters had some kind of throwing weapon (kunai, shuriken, needles etc) they could try to hit the opponent with, even when on different planes, while not that many Smash Bros characters have a projectile attack, not least a fast one that would be useful.
Still, it'll be interesting to see how much they'll try to alter the structure. It's quite possible they'll just keep the stage layout the same, and focus on coming up with as many variations and clever ideas for the stages as they can.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 12:29 PM #23 of 1323
Darn, still no confirmation on whether suitless Samus replaces regular.

Everyone says that would be stupid, but it's not like they haven't done silly things before and there's already a lot of characters

FELIPE NO

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:41 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:41 PM #24 of 1323
Well, this kinda sucks.

It's not like I was an Ice Climbers fanatic, but removing characters is still a pretty unpleasant thing, since that always brings to question who else they should have removed.

I personally don't see why characters like Dr. Mario get to stay when fairly different character(s) like Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch are out =/

Not to mention Bowser Jr. as a "addition" is an awful idea.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:28 PM #25 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
LOL IRONY. There has been no official mention of a cel-shaded Link, unless by official mention you mean wild baseless speculation.
You think it's baseless speculation when Sakurai himself confirms Wind Waker Link along the new characters in a radio show?

It was right here if you read it:
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/ma...tml#post155559

Most amazing jew boots

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl