Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 03:37 AM #1 of 1323
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Hells yeah! I'd vote for Prime. With the 2007 live action Transformers movie just over a year away, I wouldn't discount the possibility.
That was a special deal for that game, Mobius One. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to see Transformers or Barbie in SSBB because they aren't videogame characters.
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
This is the page that lets people vote in on what characters they want included.

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

You think there will be an english page? Or could someone translate the japanese one?
I'm sure there will be an English page up in the future. Unless you suddenly decide on learning and typing something in Japanese to submit. But I ran the page through Excite and basically it breaks it into 3 categories you can submit ideas for and those are characters, music, and I'm guessing items, levels, etc. as the other category. Then it asks you for details and you can type up to 1000 characters and for Japanese that is a lot of information that could be submitted so that's pretty awesome. Oh and the first field asks for your nickname or online handle I'm guessing. Just check it out yourself.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2

It seems he might publish ideas editted if need be on his smash bros website which is pretty cool. I really hope an English version of this is made and they hire some smart guy to look through them and send the best submissions to Sakurai.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:55 AM #2 of 1323
Eh, he's Wario; it's expected. I loved how his ass became a plasma cannon before it finally went off though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:17 AM #3 of 1323
I hope it has Megaman or Megaman X and Zero, Pacman, Bomberman, Master Higgins, Simon Belmont, Alucard, Sonic, Tails, Rayman, Viewtiful Joe, and Alex from River City Ransom (I can dream). I think my list is fairly realistic as these are fairly traditional characters. Square has been in good relations with Nintendo again so I don't see it improbable to have Crono or Cloud, Vincent, and Sephiroth. You win even if you hate FF7 because you'd get to beat the crap out of those characters. It would even seem possible to have The Prince roll a giant katamari by as an environmental kind of like the Nintendog. However, I don't think you're going to see characters like Kratos or The Prince of Persia.

God Pacman's super power could be hilarious. Turn everyone blue and eat them. Waka. Waka. Waka. ='D

Okay since you guys have been asking I decided to upload the high quality trailer and to two different locations just in case.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SEHEOPW
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sp6ayg

Enjoy! =D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:52 AM #4 of 1323
Uh maybe it is in Austrailia, but no, Castlevania is very successful everywhere else. At least when it's in 2D. What are you on, Grubdog?

Also, if there are a lot of 3rd party characters then Kirby is going to be ridiculously hilarious. ='D

Just think about it already with Snake Kirby. Pink puffball with a mullet and bandana. Now do that with Sonic and anyone else in my list. Oh man!

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:09 AM #5 of 1323
Grub, PacMan could throw fruit like like Mr. Game & Watch throws bacon. He could roll around. Perhaps he could use the ghosts somehow like a shield or have them quickly spin around him. Dunno. But his special would be hilarious. Imagine a giant pacman just eating the entire screen full of flashing characters.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:27 AM #6 of 1323
Oh goodness Goemon would be fantastic. I can't believe I forgot about him. His entire crew would work in really well.

NiGHTS would be an excellent Sega character as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:04 AM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
Oh man, thanks for the pics. I'll watch the trailer as soon as I get home at 4pm.

Got any pics of Fox? I'm hoping he will look a lot better than he did in SF Assault
The only characters shown were Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Pit, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and Snake. But if the jump in quality for these characters is any indication you can feel at ease that Fox whose Melee model is still the best Fox model despite two newer Starfox games after will be even better.

I'm about 50% done uploading the 60fps high quality trailer. Expect two sources in about 30 minutes. =)

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:07 AM #8 of 1323
C'mon. It's Wario. Besides, that's probably just his super move.

Expect a full list of awesome moves from his games. He's going to be a great character. No doubt about it.

I'm really glad they used his Wario Ware model. The biker outfit is really cool. =)

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:12 AM #9 of 1323
Dude, it's one move. Probably his super move. Get over it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:30 AM #10 of 1323
Waluigi would be awesome purely because of his character design being so lanky offers a lot of interesting potential for fighting. I would love to see him in the game.

Okay guys, I'm done uploading. Here it is. 60 fps high quality trailer. This game is going to look and play incredible. HD era can bite me. 480p is obviously enough.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T00R1M8U
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tg1yao

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 08:34 AM #11 of 1323
Probably because 1080 and Wave Race characters don't lend themselves to this kind of game as well as them, Rab. =/

But hey, you never know. It could happen.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:07 AM #12 of 1323
Literally, eh?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 08:11 PM #13 of 1323
Exclamation Stop being stupid about 3rd party suggestions

Originally Posted by Mobius One
Has anyone suggested any of Sony's platforming characters yet?
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet, Sly, and Jak would all make great additions.
You aren't going to see Sly or Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter because those are exclusive series to Sony. You also won't be seeing Ico or Wanda although I'd fucking love an Ico Kirby. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are possible but since they aren't really that popular I don't see them making the list. At least they are definitely not very high on it.
Originally Posted by chato
You know. Banjo and Kazooie can always make it in the roster..
No. You won't be seeing any Rare characters except those created by Rare for Nintendo franchises which Nintendo now owns. Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Krystal - yes. Banjo, Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, Kameo - no.

And holy shit if I see someone mention Master Chief again they're getting banned from the thread for complete idiocy.

Guys, stop recommending tv and anime characters seriously. It's fucking retarded.

Also, you have to think hard. These characters have to be traditional videogame characters in order to work. I think the darkest you could get in that regard would be Simon Belmont or Alucard. Anything beyond that like Pyramid Head is ridiculous.

Here's an acceptable list of 3rd party characters: Megaman, Megaman X, Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman, Master Higgins, Simon Belmont, Alucard, Goemon, Ebisu, Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS, PacMan, Klonoa, Rayman, Bub and Bob

Slightly acceptable list of 3rd party characters: Crono, Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth, Sora, Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon, Alex from River City Ransom, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:34 AM #14 of 1323
Er... don't get ahead of yourself, dude. The only character announced is Snake, but yeah those companies are likely candidates to have their characters in the game.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:17 AM #15 of 1323
I think the reason the DS has friend codes is because of the limitations of the system. As it stands you can't even tell if your friends are online to play against in that thing unless you call them up on the phone, designate a time, or contact them by some means on the Internet. You can't even trade friend codes in-game. So far the closest thing to that is rivals in Hunters and that still isn't cutting it. Maybe it's not that the system can't go and talk to the server and see who is online and maybe it's Nintendo making lazy software. It could be a combination of both. I imagine that it is both because it seems their wifi service keeps getting better as time goes along. The new Tony Hawk game for DS will allow you to do voice chat while you play instead of in between games like Hunters so things must be improving.

Best case scenario: Nintendo sets up one friend code with your system that you can give out to people or trade in-game and when you decide to connect to the Nintendo Wifi Connection it will show you who in your friends list is online and allow you to talk to them and setup a game and/or if you insert a disc it'll show who is online in your friend list that is playing that game and of course it will only show who is online for your list which makes it much easier for selecting who you want to play with.

Worst case scenario: Individual friend codes for every game just like DS and you can't see who is online ever and you can't trade friend codes in-game.

If Nintendo isn't an idiot they'll figure out which is the better choice.

And who the hell is Ken?

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:38 AM #16 of 1323
Nope. We know nothing on how Wii's online system will work aside that friend codes will be involved. As I've stated Nintendo Wifi Connection and software that connects to it is constantly evolving as new software is released. We do not yet know how the friend code system will fall into the overall equation. The DS games have tested the waters and I'm sure Nintendo knows what we like and dislike about about how that works. I'm hopeful that the complaints will be addressed.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:45 AM #17 of 1323
Another thing. Sakurai wants this game to be fun, full of options, and perfect. He isn't going to let SSBB have a sloppy online mode. If he feels the friend code system is sloppy then you can bet Nintendo will accomidate him. Nintendo has so much riding on this game. They can't afford not to.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:43 AM #18 of 1323
Well, you'll still be able to play with random people. So even if you don't know them just like Mario Kart DS you'll at least always have someone to play. That's speculation by the way but if Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters did it I wouldn't be surprised if SSBB did too. I just hope it's much more extensive.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 11:47 AM #19 of 1323
Well it won't be out until sometime in 2007, hopefully early 2007, so I hope the online system will have evolved to an acceptable level by then.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:56 PM #20 of 1323
Originally Posted by RABicle
Regarding Master Hand. Grubdog said it best in MSN chat where he though it should be revelaed that the hands belong to none other than Dr Kawashima.

http://www.cabel.name/images-post/20...brain-prof.jpg

Oh man he'd be unbeatable. No matter what you do there he's be floating around laughing. Laughing at YOU!
YES!! It would freaking awesome if he was a boss in Starfox DS as well. ='D

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 10:10 PM #21 of 1323
We wouldn't yell third party. We'd yell stop recommending non-videogame characters. But since you aren't serious I guess it's okay.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:29 AM #22 of 1323
Wow, you guys are dumb. In Kirby Super Star Kirby could get the cook ability from eating Chef Kawasaki. In a similar fashion you'd get it from Cookin' in the ability's return eight years later in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In both games you are rewarded by the one-time-only move by being able to suck all on-screen enemies into a hot cauldron, stir them around for a bit, and then turn them into food for Kirby to feast upon.

So no, of all Square-Enix characters you will not be seeing Quina in the game. Get real. =/

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:10 PM #23 of 1323
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe this means we can see Kirby's cook ability in SSBB? That would be friggin' sweet. ='D
Cook ability is his "super" move. New feature for Brawl. I hope it puts more than one person in the stew. =)

Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
I guess he'll use other copy abilities in this game since he used a few already in Melee.
Kirby has a copy ability for every character in the game. That means you'll be seeing Kirby with a mullet and a bandana when he copies Snake. Hopefully he'll get Snake's box move. ='D

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:25 PM #24 of 1323
Yeah, however my thoughts are that Snake's shield will be he quickly gets into the box, and whenever he does a shield shuffle left or right it'll be the box shuffling really quickly left or right. In that case I don't think it would be too hard to add that small little detail to Kirby's Snake ability. It's just a shield afterall.

However, the box may also end up becoming an item in the game so no matter.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:36 PM #25 of 1323
Besides, most people would rather have Geno or Crono if there were to be any Square characters in the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl