Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] The Return of American McGee's Alice

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:08 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2009, 02:08 PM #1 of 10
The Return of American McGee's Alice

Some of you may remember the Quake 3 powered American McGee's Alice, released in 2000.

EA recently announced McGee and Spicy Horse are working on a sequel to the game, being developed for the PC, 360 and PS3, and showed one piece of concept art.

click for bigger version ok

American McGee also talks about the sequel in his blog.

IT'S A GOD DAMN MECHANISED GIANT SNAIL, HOW CAN THIS NOT TURN OUT AWESOME
Granted, the guy has made some turkey's lately, but hey! Exciting!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Feb 22, 2009 at 06:12 AM.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:11 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 02:11 AM #2 of 10
I love the visual style. If this translates well into CG animation for gameplay i'll be all over this thing. What kind of game would this be? Adventure? Puzzle?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:22 AM #3 of 10
Seems a bit late for a sequel. Did the original even do all that well? Or has he made enough bad games to force him back to something people actually at least talked about?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:40 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 12:40 PM #4 of 10
I love the visual style. If this translates well into CG animation for gameplay i'll be all over this thing. What kind of game would this be? Adventure? Puzzle?
Well, the original was a third-person shooter/platformer with very strange weapons and melee. I imagine the sequel retains the style.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Also my mistake, the game used the Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2 engine, which while based on the Quake 3 engine, wasn't the same thing.

As for the sales, I tried looking for some estimates to no avail. It wasn't a massive success I think but didn't exactly bomb. It was sold in the Sold Out rerelease, but I don't think those required certain sales figures.

It's always interesting to see sequels announced for games that WEREN'T massive successes. It usually means there's more behind them than just cold planning for lucrative returns. It doesn't alway work though, as happened with Manhunt 2. I'm still looking forward to this~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Feb 23, 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:19 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 08:19 AM #5 of 10
I really enjoyed this game, and after seeing what McGee had turned out next (Seriously? Grim Tales? Come on mang...) I had forgotten about him, but if he can make the sequel as great as the original then I'd definitely be up for playing it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:47 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 01:47 PM #6 of 10
I really liked this game too even though it wasn't really very good and I hope the sequel is better. I always enjoyed the art in the game and that was always a big reason why I enjoyed the story overall.

American McGee made Scrapland and that game was pretty bad. I just hope this particular title doesn't turn into that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:40 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 02:40 PM #7 of 10
In before DRM horseshit ruins the sequel.

That said, I remember the old game and it was quite entertaining. I'll see how this game progresses.

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Jedi
Looking to become something more...

Member 13922

Level 3.93

Oct 2006

Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:38 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 11:38 PM #8 of 10
My initial response is "Yay! More twisted Alice!" though I do agree that McGee's latest work has not thrilled me. I hope that the game does turn out good, but I'll certainly be checking game reviews to make sure if the final product is worth buying or not.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Save your tears for the day
When our pain is far behind
On your feet, come with me
We are soldiers stand or die
Save your fears, take your place
Save them for the judgement day
Fast and free, follow me
Time to make the sacrifice
We rise or fall
Syraxis
C is for charisma, it's why people think I'm great!

Member 22612

Level 2.00

Jun 2007

Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:34 PM #9 of 10
Never thought there would be a sequel to Alice. I wonder if Mcgee can make this game turn out differently than the last few.

Since this was one of those games with the least chance of ever seeing a sequel, maybe there's hope for a Baldur's gate 3.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:13 PM #10 of 10
I've had American McGee's Alice for a while now but never played until last week. I've reached pretty far, and I'm enjoying the game. The game lacks some things but I really like the style, it's pretty good. I tried out American McGee's Grimm and I like that as well. I'm looking forward to this now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] The Return of American McGee's Alice