Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] SONIC UNLEASHED - FURFAG FANSERVICE

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:37 PM #76 of 181
That read was kinda interesting.

No wait, I should take that back. That was a damn good analysis. I'd rather not hype myself on this game though. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:33 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 10:33 PM #77 of 181
to suddenly not being on Mobius and now being on Earth
Mobius was something invented for English game manuals; the Japanese considered it Earth from the start, and so made Adventure as being obviously on Earth. It's not even something to bitch about, since it's such a irrelevant detail to the games.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 01:05 AM 1 #78 of 181
Uuuuhhhh

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHH >=(

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:39 AM #79 of 181
I'll start getting more worried if he starts piloting a landmaster, but that joke has already been used in this thread.

FELIPE NO
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 28, 2008, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 11:53 PM #80 of 181
I can't see how just a effing werehog would ruin this game in any way. If the game is good, it's good, and if it's crap, it's not because they put a werehog in it. For games like this where story doesn't play a big part it just doesn't matter. Just play the game when it comes out and shut up I say, godammit.

but it's not like I care about the sonic games anyhow so I don't even know why I'm here

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:23 PM #81 of 181
I can't see how just a effing werehog would ruin this game in any way. If the game is good, it's good, and if it's crap, it's not because they put a werehog in it. For games like this where story doesn't play a big part it just doesn't matter. Just play the game when it comes out and shut up I say, godammit.

but it's not like I care about the sonic games anyhow so I don't even know why I'm here
Read the fucking thread please. The issue with the werehog is that Sonic Team isn't known for just "introducing a character" and leaving it at that, they have to somehow integrate whatever terrible gimmick comes along with it into the game play and it usually kills it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:17 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2008, 11:17 PM #82 of 181
Here it is in simple terms: games that try to juggle multiple modes of gameplay are rarely successful at making both modes fun. One mode ultimately winds up being an unpleasant time sink that keeps you from getting back to the fun part of the game, and it detracts from the whole.

Simply put, if Weresonic handles significantly differently than Sonic, and you are forced to play as him frequently, it is going to make the game suck. If they can have Sonic turning into a werewolf in a way that doesn't distract from platforming, running fast, and collecting rings, this should be a fine game. Unfortunately... Sonic Team's past record is not encouraging

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 04:04 AM #83 of 181
Strange but interesting (Sonic being a werehog). I think this is a wait-and-see thing. It COULD be interesting but I have serious doubts of it being more of a headache than a welcome addition to the series.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 08:36 AM #84 of 181
Apparently gamestop already has this on their reserve lists, which is a bigger Red flag than this wereSonic crap. Only a year and a half development max. ;_;

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:02 AM #85 of 181
All sonic games are a wait and See. I personally enjoyed a lot of sonic games except for Sonci 2006 and Secret Rings. And Shadow but everyone hates Shadow.

Neither I have played but I have no wish to. Both suck massive manly balls. I almost want to say Secret Rings is worse, from everything I've seen, It's not really even fast.

Sonci 2006 only failed because they didn't keep a system like Sonic Adventure in there. No you have 3 characters and you switch to their friends every so often in a level.. no thanks. If it had different levels for the 10ish characters like Sonic Adventure 1 then I'd be more interested, despite LODE TIMES

Once more gameplay videos come out i'll be more interested. Until then i'll just laugh at the werehog.

rj42492
Banned

Member 29169

Level 1.86

Mar 2008

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:49 PM #86 of 181
The videos looked legitimately FUN. I'm slightly worried about werehoggitry, but for all we know (unless Sega's said something recently), Eggman could have grabbed sonic fur, and put in his "SUPER EVIL CLONE MACHINE" and Were-Sonic is an enemy, like Metal/Mecha Sonic.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:09 PM #87 of 181
Apparently gamestop already has this on their reserve lists, which is a bigger Red flag than this wereSonic crap. Only a year and a half development max. ;_;
Wait a damn minute...how did Gamestop get a hold of the info that this game was going to be for 4 different systems: PS3, 360, Wii, AND PS2?

I'm curious to see if this is true and how this is going to play out.

FELIPE NO
Quintus
Banned

Member 29176

Level 2.38

Mar 2008

Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:10 PM #88 of 181
Wait a damn minute...how did Gamestop get a hold of the info that this game was going to be for 4 different systems: PS3, 360, Wii, AND PS2?

I'm curious to see if this is true and how this is going to play out.
Gamestop (and most other retailers, for that matter) tend to include more information than is readily known for a simple reason: THEY CAN. If they end up being wrong, they just change their entry, and if they are right, then they happily claim they knew it all along. (see filler release dates, etc.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:02 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2008, 04:02 PM #89 of 181
Last month I got Sonic CD emulated on my PSP. It was the first time I'd played it properly, so it was all new and fresh. During one particular week I played it a huge amount and did almost nothing else. That was a good week. It felt like 1992.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:14 AM #90 of 181
^So you know why it's the best Sonic game ever made, then?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 09:54 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 03:54 PM #91 of 181
I certainly do.

Zuare
Chocobo

Member 392

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:46 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 03:46 PM #92 of 181
Eurogamer has some a little more info:

Quote:
Sonic Unleashed is being developed by Sonic Team, and will be released late this year for Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2. It features "classic Sonic 2D gameplay" rendered by the all-new Hedgehog engine, which apparently excels at seamless 3D to 2D camera transitions.

Plus, a slightly different trailer.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:14 PM #93 of 181
Full Press Release:

Quote:
Sonic Is Unleashed!
SEGA's newest Sonic title is set to combine amazing next gen capabilities with classic Sonic 2D gameplay!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (April 3, 2008) – SEGA® of America and SEGA of Europe Ltd., today announced that everyone’s favourite hedgehog will be breaking new ground yet maintaining his roots, in the upcoming title, Sonic Unleashed™. Developed by renowned studio Sonic Team, the latest installment in the multi-million selling franchise, will take players on an unforgettable high-speed journey around the globe in a way never before experienced in the world of Sonic. The game is set for release later this year and will be available for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo and PLAYSTATION®2.

Sonic Unleashed is built on a powerful new “Hedgehog Engine”, which introduces seamless 3D to classic 2D camera transitions, whilst delivering a rich and expansive world with multiple paths to choose from. Under development for three years, the Hedgehog Engine produces a visually rich next generation look and feel with elements of classic Sonic gameplay mechanics. The Hedgehog engine will help re-define the gameplay experience for Sonic fans and newcomers to the franchise alike.

“By combining rich and vibrant scenery with dynamic viewpoints Sonic Unleashed will provide an immersive 3D experience whilst keeping alive the 2D gameplay elements and fantastic worlds that Sonic fans know and love” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director for SEGA Europe. “In addition to this classic Sonic gaming experience, when darkness sets in Sonic Unleashed players will be able to experience a completely new way to play as Sonic… making this his most exciting adventure yet!”

Having been broken apart by the evil Dr Eggman, it’s down to Sonic to put the pieces of the world back together again by retrieving the power of the chaos emeralds. In doing so, Sonic will find himself in a race against time and faced with an unusual situation that will challenge him in ways never before seen. By completing a wide variety of action-packed stages, spanning the seven broken continents of the world, gamers will need to unleash Sonic’s amazing abilities to save the world, and himself!

The opportunity to engage in Sonic in different ways during the day and night time levels brings a completely original way of playing to the Sonic franchise, in addition to running at high speeds in classic Sonic style, combat fighting will become possible. Super quick Sonic’s speed skills will be highlighted by four new modes, whilst the all new combat, movement and functional abilities will offer depth and variety to the game. As the sun sets in Sonic Unleashed, a different type of adventure will awaken in Sonic’s newest quest….

Sonic Unleashed is scheduled for release worldwide in late 2008.

Sonic Unleashed - Press Releases - www.mcvuk.com
It's been in development for... three years? Huh?

I'm still not hyped yet, but I hear ONM will have a playtest run next week, so I wonder if it's shaping up to be anything good. Also note what they say about the sunset.

Connections to that werehog, perhaps?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:30 PM #94 of 181
I'm a bit surprised that the game has been under development for that long. Now that it has been confirmed for all four systems mentioned (PS2, PS3, Wii, 360), you have to wonder if there will be any difference between all of them besides the graphics.

I learned my lesson with Shadow, not buying this for PS2.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:16 AM #95 of 181
Sonic Unleashed Wii News - NeoGAF

Quote:
Some interesting tidbits, via magazine:

From the latest edition of Official Nintendo Magazine (UK&IRL):
(Since there can be no scans)

- Screenshots of the Wii version basically identical to what we have seen on the net of the game so far

- Wii version described as "Shiny next-gen visuals"

- The werewolf Sonic sections are "slightly slower, yet a more agile beast" than the ordinary Sonic sections

- A one page interview with the games Lead Designer, Yoshihisa Hashimoto. Describes the game as no relation to Secret Rings or original 360/PS3 Sonic title- "more in common to Sonic Adventure titles".

- Yoshihisa says that as well as the Wii Remote "players will also be using the Nunchuck"
So I'm expecting massive amounts of "AHA! I FOUND AN IDEA THAT DISAGREES WITH WHAT I THINK A SONIC GAME MUST HAVE! IT WILL SUCK!" I'm still waiting for some hands-on impressions.

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:25 PM #96 of 181
- A one page interview with the games Lead Designer, Yoshihisa Hashimoto. Describes the game as no relation to Secret Rings
"more in common to Sonic Adventure titles".
Fuck yes! I still want to see how the game plays out firsthand, but this is starting to sound pretty good. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were awesome (minus the fishing levels in 1) so hopefully this will follow suit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:26 PM #97 of 181
I wonder if the Hedgehog Engine has Blast Processing?

The fact that this is also under development for the PS2 suggests that the graphics wont be uber-up-to-date, but seeing as I still play the Sonic games on Genesis I don't really give a damn. This game seems to have a lot of potential, but... then again so has every other Sonic game for the last 10+ years

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:57 PM #98 of 181
^From that same link it's been said that the Wii is the base system for it. It will be touched up for the 360/PS3 and downgraded for the PS2.

Most amazing jew boots
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2008, 04:43 PM #99 of 181
"more in common to Sonic Adventure titles".
This is only a good thing if there are no tank stages.

Or rap stages.

Or anything that isn't Sonic running really fucking fast.

Odds against this are 50063403045 to 1.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:29 PM #100 of 181
Know those impressions I posted earlier? NOW THEY COME WITH SCANS

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...scan0010-4.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...scan0011-2.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...H/scan0014.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...H/scan0015.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...H/scan0016.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...H/scan0017.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...scan0018-1.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...H/scan0019.jpg

Not parsed due to 56k rape.

Apparently they've had more impressions than I thought, and so far they're cautiously optimistic. Also Sega Studios USA needs to die. I want some more gameplay impressions from different people though. I'm not hyped yet.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] SONIC UNLEASHED - FURFAG FANSERVICE