Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Deadsy's New CD - Phantasmagore

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 01:19 AM #1 of 6
Deadsy's New CD - Phantasmagore

Deadsy, one of my favorite bands, has finally released a follow up album to 2002's commencement. Its entitled phantasmagore and is what most consider an updated, more rock, version of theyre older sound. It was released august 22nd.

Deadsy is fronted by Elijah Blue Allman. The son of Cher and Greg Allman. Theyre sound is an industrial synth similiar to, and often compared to, Orgy. Deadsy's older material, despite a few songs, are slow synth heavy songs, backed by down tuned guitars, and electric drums. Noteable songs are Tom Sawyer (Rush cover) Mansion World, Key to Gramercy Park, Winners, and Flowing Glower.

They also do great covers of "Just like Heaven" by the Cure, and "Teenage Wildlife" by David Bowie.

Any Deadsy fans post your thoughts on the new album, inqueries about the band, or just any miscellaneous information about the band, previous albums and songs, or just anything Deadsy Related.

You can view theyre website at www.deadsy.com

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kenichi
Chocobo

Member 349

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:17 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 01:17 AM #2 of 6
I haven't heard it yet, but I heard it's good. I had the privaledge of meeting them at Family Values last week and they were all really cool, especially the drummer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 01:52 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:52 PM #3 of 6
I had actually never heard of Deadsy until a couple of years ago when I think YOU, AkirA, had a sig. I'm always curious as to what music that I haven't heard people like so I looked them up and got their album. They do remind me a lot of Orgy, but they have a more rock-synth sound as opposed to an industrial mash-up sound.

The album didn't really strike me at first, due to their similarity to Orgy, but Commencement grew on me and now I like them quite a bit. Haven't heard Phantasmagoria, but I guess I will as soon as I can find a copy of it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:10 AM #4 of 6
They do grow on you the more you listen to them.

Although they only have the 2 albums out, they have alot of unreleased material, and covers. You can find alot of the unreleased stuff and early demos on limewire. They did a great cover of Texas Never Whispers.

My big attraction to them is their loyalty to the fans. They will meet and greet anyone after any show. They even threw a free rehersal show for about 40 or so fans in Atlanta before the album release. It was just for those on the message boards and people who knew about it.

It was just fans standing around and on the stage listening to them play and talking to them between songs.

Phantasmagore is a weird listen after you hear their first album. Its what alot consider an evolution of their sound, but I had to have a few listens before I got into it. I love it now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by *AkirA*; Aug 31, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
Kenichi
Chocobo

Member 349

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 06:09 PM #5 of 6
Wasn't Jay Gordon from Orgy the bass player for Deadsy at one point?

I was speaking idiomatically.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:49 AM #6 of 6
Yeah. For some reason Orgy fans give Deadsy alot of shit because of it. Im not sure the story behind it. I think alot has to do with there similar sounds.

Theyve even collaborated with Orgy on the song Anti-Pop.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Deadsy's New CD - Phantasmagore