Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Everything Else Discussion Thread

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:04 PM #1 of 32
The Everything Else Discussion Thread

We have a thread for Civil War. Somewhere in the bowels of this subforum there's a thread for Annihilation. We had a thread for Infinite Crisis. We have threads devoted to the comics coming out each week.

I feel this subforum needs a place to discuss other things. Maybe you have a question about some past unresolved plot point. Maybe you want to discuss a particular run. Maybe you want to discuss, in depth, the recent change of or take on a character. You could discuss why you think one artist is superior to another artist in drawing a particular character. Discuss whatever. That's the whole point.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 10:54 PM #2 of 32
I read somewhere that Bagley is leaving USM. Anyone have any idea who's gonna take over this? It will be a strange thing to see USM art suddenly look diffrnet. I only hope the colors will be the same because Ive always thought usm has had a special feel to it's colors..

no homo
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:07 PM #3 of 32
Bagley does leave USM at issue #110. At this time, it has not been revealed who will take over for Bagley. On CBR, some suggest Mark Brooks (for his work in the annuals) and others suggest John Romita, Jr. (for his work in Amazing). In a letters page recently, I think the editor hinted that Brooks would be the one to take over if Bagley ever left. But, maybe I just read too much into it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 03:26 PM #4 of 32
God I hope it's Brooks. Loosing Bagely sucks hardcore enough, but atleast if Brooks stays around we'll still have a somehwat familiar look.

If someone like Ed McGuiness took over I'd stop reading comics forever. I freaking hate his art.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:29 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 07:29 AM #5 of 32
I hate Romita jrs art so hard. It looks so bulky and just plain ugly. I hated his work on amazing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:44 PM #6 of 32
I'm not sure if this is a reliable source, but it says that JRJR will be returning to Amazing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:17 AM #7 of 32
Jr is the guy currently doing Eternals right? Ew.

Why is Bagley leaving USM? I haven't heard anything about this until now.

FELIPE NO

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:36 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 05:36 AM #8 of 32
Funny thing really - I like Romita Jr.'s art on Spider Man....I'm just not that hot on it everywhere else. I dunno what it is though so I can't pinpoint it. =\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:52 AM #9 of 32
Originally Posted by Dubble
Funny thing really - I like Romita Jr.'s art on Spider Man....I'm just not that hot on it everywhere else. I dunno what it is though so I can't pinpoint it. =\
I love JRJR's work on Spider-Man. His work on Thor was pretty decent as well. I believe he's drawn the best Wolverine in years. He gets that feral quality that most people can't comprehend.

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 03:12 PM #10 of 32
So why is the new Batman so underwhelming? Kubert? Morrison? It should be great, right? So why is it not that great so far?

Spoiler:
Two Batmen? Joker getting shot in the face and Batman throwing him in a dumpster? Ninja man-bats? BATMAN'S SON? There was a reason Ibn al Xu'ffasch was never really considered to be in continuity. Attaching Batman with something as important as a son screws up his character, but also throws the whole Bat-dynamic out of whack. Who gives a shit about Robin when he's got a friggen kid.

I'm really hoping that they manage to write out the kid completely, he turns out to not be Bruce's son, or Joker blows him up (it worked once....well....kinda).

Dini is kicking the crap out of this over on Detective Comics.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:45 PM #11 of 32
Two Batmen????? Where? The Joker? This stuff isn't happening in Batman with Morrison.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:52 PM #12 of 32
I knew Morrison would be stirring up trouble when he took over the mag, especially after I saw that ninja-Man-Bats mention in Previews.

Most amazing jew boots
Preacher33
Carob Nut

Member 3061

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:58 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 02:58 PM #13 of 32
It's not that surprising; Morrison expressed a love for the 70's incarnation of Batman way back when he started his JLA run.

As far as the Joker is concerned, have we all forgotten New X-Men's first issue? He's once again doing something edgy and unexpected to symbolize that HIS Batman run will be unconventional. Which, for Morrison, is kind of conventional.

I was speaking idiomatically.
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 05:56 PM #14 of 32
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Two Batmen????? Where? The Joker? This stuff isn't happening in Batman with Morrison.
Uhh. Did you read the first 5 pages of Batman #655?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:28 AM #15 of 32
Yes, I don't remember that...

FELIPE NO

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 04:13 PM #16 of 32
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Yes, I don't remember that...
Uhh, alright (?). Joker poisons Gordon and has "Batman" beat to a pulp with a crowbar (infront of a bunch of disabled kids no less). Real bats shows up and the "imposter" shoots Joker in the face. Batman throws Joker (still alive somehow) into a dumpster and walks away. Then it cuts to Batman in the hospital with Gordon and the story picks up from there.

I really don't know how you could forget that, unless wherever you downloaded it from named it all fucked up or didnt scan the first little bit.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 05:36 PM #17 of 32
Originally Posted by acid
Uhh, alright (?). Joker poisons Gordon and has "Batman" beat to a pulp with a crowbar (infront of a bunch of disabled kids no less). Real bats shows up and the "imposter" shoots Joker in the face. Batman throws Joker (still alive somehow) into a dumpster and walks away. Then it cuts to Batman in the hospital with Gordon and the story picks up from there.

I really don't know how you could forget that, unless wherever you downloaded it from named it all fucked up or didnt scan the first little bit.
Any idea who the imposter is or how he didn't end up in the hospital?

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:15 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 08:15 PM #18 of 32
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
Any idea who the imposter is or how he didn't end up in the hospital?
Not a clue. That's partially why I was so annoyed with it. Such a random first six pages, and then nothing. It never happened.

Fucking Morrison can do better than this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:27 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 04:27 PM #19 of 32
Imposter is a cop dressed as Bats. Gordon said something about it when he was in the hospital.

I got that after I read it the second time.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:05 PM #20 of 32
This may belong in the Civil War thread, but I feel like putting it here. It's a branch-off.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8556

Quote:
When the "Thunderbolts" were introduced into the Marvel Universe years ago, they were a revolutionary concept: villains pretending to be heroes and then eventually working to become heroes. Beginning with issue #110 of "Thunderbolts," the revolutionary concept will be in the hands of a comic book revolutionary - writer Warren Ellis...

"The cast going into Warren's first issue includes Venom, Moonstone, Bullseye, Songbird, the Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Penance and Norman Osborn," [Tom] Brevoort [stated]. "But that's no promise that the line-up will remain static, even for 22 pages necessarily."

Ellis and new artist Mike Deodato's first twenty-two pages will have the Thunderbolts continuing their work for the U.S. Government on the frontlines of the "Civil War" conflict. "The Thunderbolts' stated mission is to protect the public by tracking down and apprehending unregistered superhumans of all stripes," Brevoort explained. "Within that mandate, however, is the idea of the Thunderbolts as almost a work-release rehabilitation program for hardened criminals. This approach clearly worked with many of the original Thunderbolts, who've turned over a new leaf and become largely productive members of society. So there is a rehabilitative element to them as well."

"The Thunderbolts will be visible, public heroes, sanctioned by the Commission on Superhuman Activities and backed by the government," Brevoort stated. "They're not at all covert, though - so that's one great difference between them and the Suicide Squad. You'll get a sense as to just how public they all are by page 16 of Warren's first issue."

"The person who's been put in charge of the Thunderbolts program is Norman Osborn," Brevoort said.

Ellis's stint as "Thunderbolts" writer is set to begin in January and last at least a year. In those twelve months readers can expect a variety of stories. "His 'Thunderbolts' is a bit difficult to peg," Brevoort said. "It's dark and fascinating and funny and satirical and dramatic and edgy and contemporary, and not precisely like anything else he's done to date."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:25 AM #21 of 32
I read about that a week or two ago - it's going to be AWESOME.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:16 PM #22 of 32
Since this was the launch discussion (sort of) for this thread:

From Lying in the Gutters:
Quote:
With Mark Bagley's lengthy run on "Ultimate Spider-Man" ending soon, it's time for a new artist to be named. Who might it be?

I have it confirmed that Stuart Immonen is the new artist on "Ultimate Spider-Man."
Immonen is the artist on Nextwave, which ends at issue #12.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:53 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 09:53 PM #23 of 32
Gee, I hope this is the right thread to throw in dumb questions?

Does any anyone remember the Superman story (pretty old, pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths) where Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman go to visit him on his Birthday? I can't remember if it was in continuity or some sort of imaginary story, but Mongul was the villain and had Superman living his life (or a dream) on Krypton which had never exploded?

Does anyone know the name of that story? I think WB made it into an episode of the JLU but I can't remember the name of that either....

Can anyone help me?

FELIPE NO
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:00 AM #24 of 32
The story is in Superman Annual #11 and is named "For the Man Who Has Everything." Read the Wiki article.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 12:34 AM #25 of 32
Yes, that's it. Thank you very much!!

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Everything Else Discussion Thread