Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:46 PM #76 of 800
......I don't know how to feel about this. I could be optimistic and say there could be more bonus features not listed. After all, I doubt the VA interviews alone would take up 1.5 hours. But tossing in non-FF/non-SE trailers that nobody will care about is quite lame.

Guess we'll just see. I do not have AC on the brain, and I'm not going to until April nears us.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:38 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 11:38 AM #77 of 800
Those interviews oughta be interesting.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:43 PM #78 of 800
Originally Posted by Simo
* 1.5 hours of bonus footage, including interviews with primary voicing talent: Mena Suvari, Steve Burton, and Rachael Leigh Cook.

* Special trailers for:
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- Stargate: Atlantis
- Underworld: Evolution

* 4-color Final Fantasy Label on disc.

* Disc enclosed in a see-through jewel case!
So essentially the special features are:
* Interviews that should have been a special feature anyway, considering we left out Last Order!
* Ads for shit you don't care about!
* HOLY FUCKING SHIT PACKAGING!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez. This is as bad as those DVDs that still list "interactive menus" as a special feature.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.

Last edited by Amanda; Mar 23, 2006 at 03:15 PM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:39 PM #79 of 800
Originally Posted by Amanda
So essentially the special features are:
* Interviews that should have been a special feature anyway, considering we left out Last Order!
* Ads for shit you don't care about!
* HOLY FUCKING SHIT PACKAGING!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez. This is as bad as those DVDs that still list "interactive menus" as a special feature.
Keep in mind those are the features on the bonus DVD not the actual special features on the 2nd disc, though they're nothing much either.

FELIPE NO
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:04 PM #80 of 800
Originally Posted by Simo
Keep in mind those are the features on the bonus DVD not the actual special features on the 2nd disc, though they're nothing much either.
I know. Which makes it even sadder, since the regular two-disc version is kinda lacking in special features to begin with. No Last Order. No commentary. No apparent contribution to make up for the lack of such things. Whatever took the least possible effort to fill two discs, I suppose. Now they throw in an exclusive-pre-order-only bonus DVD, and what does it have? A few interviews that should be on the regular DVD set anyway, and a bunch of damn ads. Geez.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:38 PM #81 of 800
I thought the 2 disc DVD did have a commentary?

I'm still going to stay ignorant and not count Last Order out until it's absolutely confirmed not to be included.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:47 PM #82 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I thought the 2 disc DVD did have a commentary?

I'm still going to stay ignorant and not count Last Order out until it's absolutely confirmed not to be included.
Nope and there is no "Last Order". We got the order sheet and specifications about a week or so ago with the list of special features and Last Order isn't there.

Like I've said earlier, the special features on the DVD are near on identical to those for the November 29th,2005 release which only adds more confusion on why the 5 month wait if nothing significant has been added in that time period?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 08:47 PM #83 of 800
I thought there was a commentary track as well, damn it. Is the Japanese voice track even in it?

Man, I can't believe we got shafted with the commentary. I was hoping they'd at least provide subtitles for the Japanese one. Well, seeing as there isn't, does anyone have a script/translation of the Japanese commentary? Cause I'd love to know what Nomura and co are saying.

The bonus pre-order disc sounds interesting though. The "1.5 hours of bonus footage" is intriguing me, though this really should be been included as apart of the movie. Hopefully this won't be a USA only thing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:55 PM #84 of 800
Keep in mind that they don't always list every special feature when advertising a movie. There could be some things not listed, like the commentary track. And regarding Last Order, my hope is that it will be available as a bonus disc, possibly the third disc that was just announced. I have no doubts Last Order will reach the american shores eventually, but I'd prefer to have it sooner rather than later (as a pre-order bonus for Crisis Core).

But let's face it, I don't think there's anything that's going to make me forget about how long we've had to wait for this movie. It really does make me sick thinking about the repeated delays, and how it could all have been for nothing, if the paltry extras and unchanged running time are any indication. It really sucks how my enjoyment of the movie's debut might be hampered by my anger towards Square and/or Sony for the colossal fuckup they've done to us fans.

CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:20 AM #85 of 800
I want the commentary to include "Why FFVIIAC take THIS DAMN LONG TIME to be released in English"

*sigh* if S-E really gets into movie stream, then English fans will need to wait like 1-2 years before a dub/sub is done... <_< GeeGee S-E

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 08:38 PM #86 of 800
Quote:
Keep in mind that they don't always list every special feature when advertising a movie.
True, but it's always really miniscule stuff, and I wouldn't think Last Order is miniscule.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 03:27 PM #87 of 800
We've been screwed, it's that simple. Even those like myself who have seen both AC and Last Order already think this is fucked up. I want to buy the DVD, but holy shit is this it?!

Originally Posted by CuteChocobo
I want the commentary to include "Why FFVIIAC take THIS DAMN LONG TIME to be released in English"
I fucking wish. We should be so lucky......

FELIPE NO
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:21 PM #88 of 800
Last Order was stupid anyway.

Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 05:59 AM #89 of 800
Originally Posted by a lurker
Last Order was stupid anyway.
But it has the one scene where Cloud does something cool and thus his one lone, shining moment of NOT SUCKING. Everything after that in the timeline is him and his boring angst, and him deciding that the best way to deal with his emotional pain is to be an asshole to everyone. So for me, Last Order gets points for the sheer fact that it contains that one brief moment where Cloud isn't an utter tool whom I wish would die a painful death.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:22 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 02:22 AM #90 of 800
He was also Almighty Tallest Red in Invader Zim. Which makes the image of him voicing [Wheelchair Guy] strangely funny to me.
Whoa. That just made Wheelchair Guy ten times cooler.

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 02:09 AM #91 of 800
But it has the one scene where Cloud does something cool and thus his one lone, shining moment of NOT SUCKING. Everything after that in the timeline is him and his boring angst, and him deciding that the best way to deal with his emotional pain is to be an asshole to everyone. So for me, Last Order gets points for the sheer fact that it contains that one brief moment where Cloud isn't an utter tool whom I wish would die a painful death.
Heh, yeah. Last Order may have screwed up a bit when people compare the events to the game, but Cloud was cool then. Even if it was for the briefest of moments.

But it still would've been NICE if it was included in the AC release. At least it'd partly explain the fucking huge delay. As it is, S-E has no justification for screwing us all for so long.

Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 07:25 PM #92 of 800
Did they at least confirm whether or not they reworked the film for better lip-synching?

That would partly motivate the delay. Even though it's still an inexcusably-long wait for just the bare movie and not even the slightest spark of an addition.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:40 AM #93 of 800
But it has the one scene where Cloud does something cool and thus his one lone, shining moment of NOT SUCKING.
Whoa, whoa, I defer you to chocobo racing.

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 07:43 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 08:43 PM #94 of 800
Regarding the lip-synching, does anyone know if they did adjust it for the English dub? And if they did, what about those people who would prefer to watch it in Japanese? Does that mean the lip-synch with the original Japanese dialogue will be totally out of whack!!?

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:04 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 12:04 PM #95 of 800
It would mean two versions of the movie on one disc.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:54 PM #96 of 800
Look what we got in today...

Considering we're not actually getting any for rent I was able to swipe the poster.

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:23 PM #97 of 800
cool dude, that poster rocks

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:02 PM #98 of 800
I'll probably ask for a torrent of the .iso of the preorder disk at a later date, I'd like to hear some of the interviews and whatnot, but with a few actors commeting on it I doubt that it will last for that projected time, not to mention that the packaging sucks (come on now, clear?)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:17 PM #99 of 800
I'm willing to bet they release "Last Order" as a stand-alone disc later in the year for $29.99:

"SEE WHAT YOU MISSED, FIND OUT THE TRUTH BEHIND CLOUD'S CRAZY PAST!! COMING THIS JULY ONLY TO DVD!"

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:43 PM #100 of 800
You could get that answer spending half that much in the actual game....

So is that third disc going to be shipped before the movie's release, or at the same time as the release? I'm hoping for the latter, as I'm certain there will be spoilers in some of those interviews.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread