Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Everything Else Discussion Thread

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:12 PM #26 of 32
Quesada revealed recently, during an edition of Fanboy Radio, that one of the new series being spun out of Civil War is a new New Warriors series.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:39 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 05:39 PM #27 of 32
Look, I've read very few comics in my life, mainly stuff on Silent Hill and Star Wars. Rarely anything for Marvel and DC. Yet I've always enjoyed the feel of it and always ask my various friends questions about the story arcs... I guess I don't want to get into something so huge so I just keep relatively up to date..

But, after hearing here and there and seeing various comic book covers I have a question: What the fuck is Batman's problem? I've seen covers depicting him punching out Superman (even wearing kryptonite rings) and the Green Hornet. I mean, look at this shit! A while ago I heard his own people wiped his memory? WTF's the deal here!?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:45 PM #28 of 32
Any shot of Batman punching Superman with Kryptonite ring is probably part of a story in which one of them has lost control. In the panel you've shown, Guy Gardner, one of the Earthmen Green Lanterns, was yelling at Batman to his face, challenging his authority in the Justice League. Guy was saying stuff like how he could take Batman without his ring. Batman promptly punched him the face and knocked him unconscious. Guy deserved it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:53 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 05:53 PM #29 of 32
Ha, I read he was shown lying around unconscious for a few ISSUES after that.

Why the memory wipe?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 07:13 PM #30 of 32
His memory wasn't wiped entirely. In the limited series Identity Crisis, which is probably a couple of years old by now, it is revealed that the members of a former Justice League began mind-wiping villains (via Zatanna's magic) and releasing them back into society as reformed citizens.

Eventually, Dr. Light, whom you may have seen on the Teen Titans show, did something particularly bad. He targeted the loved one of one of the Leaguers. I won't say what he did in case you want to read the story, but the same group of Leaguers decided to mind-wipe Light entirely, practically lobotomizing him. Batman happened to have walked in on this via teleportation tube. So that he wouldn't reveal what they had done, they had Zatanna use her magic to wipe this memory from his mind.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 02:43 AM #31 of 32
In case you don't want to read the story, here's what you wanna know with plenty of spoilers:
Spoiler:
It was explained in a flashback, to a time when the Justice League still used their satellite headquarters. The team then consisted of mainly: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Hawkman, Zatanna, Green Arrow, Black Canary, The Atom, The Flash (Barry Allen), and The Elongated Man (Ralph Dibney).

Anyhow, while the League were fighting villains somewhere, one of those villains managed to gain access to the satellite, whose sole occupant at the time was Sue Dibney, The Elongated Man's wife. Dr.Light was pretty twisted back then and decided since he couldn't beat the League, he'd go after their loved ones instead, starting with Sue. He raped her.

Barry arrived first and whisked Sue to safety while the others arrived and swarmed Light. He was pretty powerful back then and it took several League members to tackle him before he was finally knocked out by Ralph using Hawkman's mace (battle club). Ralph then took Sue to the hospital. Dr. Light on the hand was a complete psycho, revelling in his victory, claiming he would hunt down and do the same to everyone else's loved ones too. That was the last straw. The League voted 4 to 3 (Ralph, Clark and Bruce were absent) to not only have Zatanna make Light forget what he had done, but to also try and "clean him up", or alter his personality a little. The result was that Light became a moron, who couldn't even handle the more inexperienced Teen Titans.

Unfortunately, Batman returned to the satellite just as the mind-tampering was going on. When he found out what they were doing he went ballistic. In panic, Zatanna froze Batman and the League took another vote to wipe Batman's mind of what he saw that night, knowing full well that he'd never stand for what they had done to Light or to many others. The vote was unanimous, because the alternative would've been the end of the JLA.

Of course, Batman isn't stupid. Identity Crisis led into The Omac Project and finally concluded (I think) in Infinite Crisis.

FELIPE NO
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Last edited by hikarub; Nov 16, 2006 at 02:46 PM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 04:14 PM #32 of 32
As a few probably know, Dave Cockrum, noted artist of the Legion of Superheroes and Uncanny X-Men, passed away recently.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=92222

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Everything Else Discussion Thread