Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

'God Of War 2' For Playstation 2

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 02:43 PM #26 of 72
Originally Posted by Chaotic
Let's think about this though. PS3. At least $700 on launch day. Only the hardcore fans would buy it on launch day. Give or take 1000 people (i'm just making random numbers). So let's say that 1000 people in the US are the lucky ones to get a PS3 because of a major shortage in machines (*cough360cough*) and God of War 2 comes out for the PS3 only.

What's gonna hurt the sales more? Releasing it on PS3 with a small group of people who own the system, or releasing it on the PS2 where there's still a huge audience wanting to play their favorite game, while waiting for the PS3's price to drop?

And if God of War isn't a mega seller, explain to me why it's a Greatest Hit now.

There's just so much I could shoot down in your post... The XBOX 360 is out, they're still releasing games for the XBOX. You still have a huge crowd of people who own an XBOX. Why let a good system fall when your last gen system could still do just as well as your current gen. You're a complete idiot thinking people would stop buying PS2 games because the PS3 is out. Not everyone owns a PS3 yet.

I know i'm repeating details, but live with me. I needed to rant.
My point is, in the long run, it will make more money being released on PS3. If its a great game and released on PS3, years from now, people will still be buying copies and they won't have to do a price drop for a long time. If its on PS2, it will not continue to sell for a long time, plus they will have to lower the price even more very quickly.

And just because GOW is a greatest hits title, doesn't mean it's a mega-seller(meaning millions of copies). The greatest hit library includes games such as Cabela's Big Game Hunter....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 03:17 PM #27 of 72
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Hooray! =D I loved GoWI. But my PS2 memory card shitcanned for some reason shortly before the final battle. Could someone divulge the ending to me in spoilers?

Spoiler:
I know you fight Kratos' inner-demons and save his family then fight mono a mono with Ares after being uber-sized. What happens after the duel?
Spoiler:
You kill him, stab him with the huge-ass blade then he returns to normal. Athena congratulates him for a job well done. However, she said that the memory would not be cleansed and he will have to endure the nightmares as long as he lives. Feeling defeated and hopeless, he throws himself down the cliff saying "The Gods have abandoned me" in hopes of hitting the rocks. Instead he hits the water and is lifted through the cliff's shrine, all done by Athena with her reason of "Your life doesn't end here". She then tells him of a reward.. by making him the God of War (since Ares' seat is vacant). He then re-acquires his chain blades now bestowed by Athena and sits on Ares' throne. He would stay there for an indefinite time as he watched humans progress on conflict, from the ancient era to the second world war until the recent conflicts.

I really hope that helps since it's well over a year since I played God of War.

---

And the second GOW looks fucking amazing. Shit, now waiting for it. I liked the diversity of the fist game as well with moderate and not-so-hard puzzles (yet challenging) and enemy finishers with diversity. Atmosphere was awesome too and the soundtrack just makes me weep in joy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 05:28 PM #28 of 72
Thanks for the spoiler =D Much appreciated.

I agree. The first game is a masterpiece in all ways. Pretty tricky at points too. I should look into purchasing it and soon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:12 AM #29 of 72
I think its better to have GOW2 on ps2, why 'cause GOW was really short.
I mean 6 hrs isn't what we call game's length.PS2 fans wanted more and i expect to have GOW2 on ps2 considering it would also be 6hrs of singleplayer.
I dont want to by next gen game with such short length.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:31 PM #30 of 72
Originally Posted by Enter User Name
My point is, in the long run, it will make more money being released on PS3. If its a great game and released on PS3, years from now, people will still be buying copies and they won't have to do a price drop for a long time. If its on PS2, it will not continue to sell for a long time, plus they will have to lower the price even more very quickly.

And just because GOW is a greatest hits title, doesn't mean it's a mega-seller(meaning millions of copies). The greatest hit library includes games such as Cabela's Big Game Hunter....
Assuming GOW is released for the PS3, should it launch this Fall, at launch or a few months afterwards. I wouldn't want the Santa Monica studio and team to rush development of the title just to get it out for that time period but rather spend the necessary time and R&D to optimise the PS3 hardware to get the best results similiar to the first GOW title which could take 2-3 years.

At least with GOW 2 on the PS2 they've already got the know how to push the system beyond what they achieved with the first game and the millions of users/owners the PS2 has compared to a small audience the PS3 would initially start out with.

Anyways I can't wait for GOW2. The first game was so good that it'd be almost criminal not to have some kind of follow up. I just hope David Jaffe is involved in some way or form.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:37 PM #31 of 72
People are still assuming PS3 will be 700 dollars? :lolsign:

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:38 PM #32 of 72
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger

I was just about to say that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:37 PM #33 of 72
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Who's everyone? We're (EB) selling it for $20. Got our first shipment a few days ago.
Well, they (EB) were about a week ago! As is everywhere else I have looked...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:15 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:15 AM #34 of 72
Quote:
Posted by Freddy Kreuger
People are still assuming PS3 will be 700 dollars?
The Xbox 360 was $400. The lessons of the 3D0 and the Neo-Geo appear to have been forgotten. I wouldn't put it past Sony.

I'm a little surprised, and very happy to see God of War 2 as a PS2 game. I'm of the opinion that the next-gen consoles are getting pushed out the door way too quickly, so it's good to see some people still taking advantage of the PS2 now that developers have figured out how to squeeze the system's power for all its worth. Tempered optimism, though; sequels get ruined all the time. I'm still bitter about Prince of Persia.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:54 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:54 PM #35 of 72
Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger
That's not out of the question at all. In fact, when you look at the launch price of the Saturn and PS2, it's quite realistic.

The retail price will probably change before it's released, so nothing is definite.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:56 AM #36 of 72
Here is all the info, read it,it's JUICY.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showt...349#post580349

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:24 PM #37 of 72
Sony announces 'God of War 2' for Playstation 2 at GDC.

Press Release
Quote:
In 2005, Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica Studios introduced GOD OF WARTM, which was widely considered the best videogame of 2005 with over a dozen "Game of the Year Awards." In Q1 of 2007, Kratos, the ex-Spartan warrior turned God of War, returns in GOD OF WARTM II, exclusively for the PlaysStation®2 computer entertainment system. Armed with all-new brutal combat moves and magic, players retake the role of Kratos and embark on a new epic adventure to change the fate of mortals and Gods alike. As Kratos, players will travel through unique levels of exceptionally detailed and vividly striking environments, unfolding story driven puzzles and competing in numerous, epic boss battles in the quest for revenge.

STORYLINE:
The story picks up where players last left off with Kratos. Sitting atop his throne on Olympus, Kratos, the once mortal warrior has become a threat far worse than his predecessor Ares, had ever been. Kratos is a ruthless God, whose wrath strikes down anyone who crosses his path or the path of his beloved Sparta. The "Ghost of Sparta" sets out to alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate. Kratos' journey brings him to the very edge of the Earth, facing countless beasts, monsters, and horrors from his previous life, all bent on preventing him from reaching his goal. But this is Kratos, and his defiance is filled with such arrogance and contempt that all of the Ancient World still trembles at his name: Kratos, the God of War.

KEY FEATURES:

Huge Collection of Combat Moves: Players can utilize their favourite combo attacks from GOD OF WAR along with a whole new set of moves and magic. Magic is based on nature's elements which include utilizing the power if wind, ice and much more.

New Characters: From the popular Cyclops and Cerebus to the Flying Gryphon and more, players will encounter some of the greatest Greek mythological beasts, along with more enemies and bosses.

Puzzle Solving: GOD OF WAR II features more puzzle solving, where players must solve intelligent, challenging and progressively more complicated puzzles latent with brutal elements that are intricately woven into the overarching story.

Exploration: Players will continue their previous experiences in the dark, violent world of Greek mythology and test their agility through more levels as they traverse treacherous, often brutal terrain that will range from the undiscovered Sisters of Fate to the Dark Swap and more.

Developer: SCEA /Santa Monica Studios
Genre: Action Adventure
No. of Players: 1
Platform: PlayStation®2
Peripherals: Analog Controller (DUALSHOCK®2), Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2)
Release Date: Quarter 1, 2007
They also showed a trailer for GOW2 during the Playstation keynote a couple of minutes ago at GDC.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:30 AM #38 of 72
THE TRAILER!!! MY PANTS!!! ALL THIS SEMEN!!!! THIS GAME IS A GIFT FROM GOD!!!!

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_2339_en.html

How ya doing, buddy?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 04:11 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 02:11 PM #39 of 72
THIS IS BAD ASSSSSSSSS....
KRATOS AND ANIMATION LOOKS WAAY BETTER THAN GOW1
BRING IT ON!

Double Post:
AND YEAH FUCK JAFFE,I NEVER LIKED PEOPLE GIVIN HIM ALL THE CREDIT.
I M SURE THIS GAME WILL BLOW JAFFE VISION OF GOW.
(for me trailer alone has blown).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Sexninja; Mar 23, 2006 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:00 PM #40 of 72
I just bought the game a couple of weeks ago and beat it last week. Great game. Pandora's Temple had some of the best level design I've ever seen. The game is epic! Hades was some of the most asinine b/s ever though, and I had a very tough time with Ares' final form. It almost made me not want to play the game again, but the special costumes from Challenge of the Gods make it easier.
I think it's cool that Kratos is white because it's
Spoiler:
the ashes of his killed family permanently bonded to his skin. Creepy.

OMFG, GOW2 trailer is awesome! The combat and platforming look even deeper! I can't wait to rip a Cerberus's head off myself! If I may hypothesize here: I think that Kratos is eventually going to kill ALL the Gods by the end of GOW3. He'll have to kill at least a couple of them in GOW2 to get back at them for usurping his throne. Killing them all would explain the decline of Greek civilization and perhaps even why Kratos is not mentioned in any Greek myths (Greece declines, nobody records Kratos' deeds). It would also be a very cool way to wrap up the series on PS3. I wonder which Gods usurp his throne?

Also, something I noticed about the Gravedigger of Athens:
Spoiler:
He sounds an aweful lot like Zeus. He even looks like him too! I wonder what that could mean? Is Zeus also watching over Kratos? Or maybe he's trying to keep him in check...

[ MOBIUS ]
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 01:17 AM #41 of 72
I dont know, Im not as excited about the sequel as I was about the first one. Just looks like more of the same but without as compelling a story.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:13 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:13 AM #42 of 72
@MOBIUS ONE:

Spoiler:
It is said that it's ZEUS helping him.

@Tokubetsu:

You came to this conclusion about the story after watching a 40 seconds, badly filmed clip while the game is a year away from being released?

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 02:17 AM #43 of 72
Im comparing how i feel now after viewing this badly filmed trailer, to the first trailer i saw for GoW yes. Is that a bad thing? Im just saying SO FAR their dont seem to be any big differences and the story doesnt SEEM as intresting. Time will tell i suppose.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:56 AM #44 of 72
Originally Posted by Mobius One
I just bought the game a couple of weeks ago and beat it last week. Great game. Pandora's Temple had some of the best level design I've ever seen. The game is epic! Hades was some of the most asinine b/s ever though, and I had a very tough time with Ares' final form. It almost made me not want to play the game again, but the special costumes from Challenge of the Gods make it easier.
I think it's cool that Kratos is white because it's
Spoiler:
the ashes of his killed family permanently bonded to his skin. Creepy.

OMFG, GOW2 trailer is awesome! The combat and platforming look even deeper! I can't wait to rip a Cerberus's head off myself! If I may hypothesize here: I think that Kratos is eventually going to kill ALL the Gods by the end of GOW3. He'll have to kill at least a couple of them in GOW2 to get back at them for usurping his throne. Killing them all would explain the decline of Greek civilization and perhaps even why Kratos is not mentioned in any Greek myths (Greece declines, nobody records Kratos' deeds). It would also be a very cool way to wrap up the series on PS3. I wonder which Gods usurp his throne?

Also, something I noticed about the Gravedigger of Athens:
Spoiler:
He sounds an aweful lot like Zeus. He even looks like him too! I wonder what that could mean? Is Zeus also watching over Kratos? Or maybe he's trying to keep him in check...

Nice man ,your hypothesis is great Idea.
It really sounds great ,because how Greek civilization vanished ..no one ever told.
Since Kratos is made by game developers , it would fit him nicley in Greek myth as a person who vanished Greeks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:07 PM #45 of 72
After having watched a certain cutscene in God of War I am now convinced that the team that made this game NEEDS to make an action game based on Norse mythology. It would be just awesome. Also, a Japanese themed game would be cool too. Damn - they just need to continue making games.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:17 AM #46 of 72
This game should be entitled "God of war 2 The Rehash"

As i see it, its just going to be the old engine, and only the places and story will be different.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:56 PM #47 of 72
As what 90% of sequels are these days.

There is still hope for this. Making PS2 games when the PS3 is active, is a genius idea. Eventually the only PS2 titles you'll see are ones based off Disney movies.

FELIPE NO
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:55 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 07:55 AM #48 of 72
Quote:
Posted by Liquid_Snack
This game should be entitled "God of war 2 The Rehash"

As i see it, its just going to be the old engine, and only the places and story will be different.
This is a bad thing? Sequels aren't unwelcome if the original concept hasn't worn out its welcome yet. The Megaman games are all The Same Damn Thing, every one of them, but when Capcom isn't halfassing it they all come out good. People only groan at the thought of more sequels because so many developers feel like they have to reinvent the wheel to keep things fresh, and mess with the very elements that made the first game good to begin with.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:43 AM #49 of 72
True enough. Hell, it's a testament to the Metal Gear Solid series if anything. So long as the core gameplay remains intact, Konami could publish a game, give it a tweaked version and name it "Substance" or "Subsistence" and call it a day.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:45 PM #50 of 72
I like how some people are screaming Rape! over this saying that it's the same old thing when a SEQUEL to a game should normally retain the same 'energy' as it's predecessor. Isn't that the goal when making a sequel, more of the same thing that made it great but with a twist?

Also, 90% of the people screaming Rape! over this are probably over-weight bastards or skinny pimple-faced morons living in a basement, chugging down Cheetos like it was water while masturbating over a drawing of Jessica Rabbit blowing the Mario Bros and doing nothing gratifying of their lives.

You've got no idea what it is creating a game; you think the President of the company points his finger at a blank disc and screams 'God of War 2' and there it comes? Geez.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > 'God Of War 2' For Playstation 2