Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bad ideas

-Happy-
#comics To Your Face

Member 1844

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:46 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:46 PM #26 of 34
I'd have to go with Spider-clones. -_-

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:49 PM #27 of 34
Quote:
I really don't fear that it's fair that you're attacking my opinion, but since you did, I might as well explain myself. Sure, Morrison did a few interesting things. However, a few items he did made no sense. Beast gets a "secondary evolution" but this seems to affect his beast-like appearance, which isn't a natural evolution. Also, Cassandra Nova apparently survived being "killed" by Charles by clinging to the wall of the sewer beneath the hospital, slowly using her small amount of telekinetic ability to rebuild herself in her brother's image. Then, there was the whole breakup between Jean and Scott. There was the killing of Magneto twice. There was another killing of Jean. The creepiest part was when it was revealed that Xavier had always had a romantics interest in Jean... the creepy part being that he first met her when she was a young girl. For all of these reasons, a few minor ones, I believe this to be one of the worst comic book tales ever written.
I'd have to agree. During this time I stopped reading comics altogether and since have only picked up the X-Men Essentials paperbacks. Old X-Men, in my opinion, is much better than new X-Men.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Marczero
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5172

Level 1.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 10:37 PM #28 of 34
The Legion of Super-pets.

Krypto the Super-Dog
Streaky the Super-Cat
Beppo the Super-Monkey
Comet the Super-Horse

Do I need to say more? Let´s just forget this... thing!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway."

* The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes page
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:38 PM #29 of 34
Originally Posted by Marczero
The Legion of Super-pets.

Krypto the Super-Dog
Streaky the Super-Cat
Beppo the Super-Monkey
Comet the Super-Horse

Do I need to say more? Let´s just forget this... thing!
Yes. What book are they in? I MUST read it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Marczero
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5172

Level 1.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 10:56 PM #30 of 34
It´s older... Adventure Comics #293 (February 1962)!!
here you got some info about it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway."

* The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes page
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 11:36 AM #31 of 34
Don't forget Ace the Bat-Hound!!

FELIPE NO

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 09:11 AM #32 of 34
Spider man takes the cake and serves it too:

1. Peter Parkers Robot Parent Clones
2. Gwen Stacy having consentual sex and evil mutant children with Norman Osborn. The Grey Goblin? Really now - WTF?
3. The Ben Reilly clone was OK I suppose. Its when we start getting to the clone of the Ben Reilly clone and the third clone of the Peter clone and the clones of those clones and the other clones of the clones of the clones that things delve in to OMGMAKEITSTOP territory.
4. (Ignoring Spider Girl which is one of the few Spider comics that makes any sense) Peter Parker and Mary Jane had a baby, right? The baby was suddenly an accident! And was declared stillborn when it actually wasnt, right? The live baby was seen as a "package" being delivered to Kaine (Spider Clone #3), right? Shortly afterwards, Kaine and Baby May vanish from continuity never to be seen again. The result: Peter and MJ pretend as if said baby never existed and its suddenly party hard time!
4. Venom getting far more exposure than he ever should have gotten.

I'm pretty certain that theres a lot more. Spider Man is notorious for "what the hell" moments. :P

On a DC related note - what theyve done to Bart Allen/Impulse is horrible. Thanks to Geoff Johns and Infinite Crisis, the character is absolutely and utterly destroyed/ruined beyond all recognition and everything that made him unique, fun to read, and different from every other stupid superhero on the market has been sapped out of him in a very contrived excuse to make him "grow up quickly" and turn him into a Wally West/Barry Allen clone. The killing part is - Wally wasn't "broken", so why try and "fix" him? the new Bart is bland, boring and now full of angst and unneeded smarts. Yawn.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Dubble; May 15, 2006 at 10:16 AM.
sayewonn
Wark!

Member 4005

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:29 AM #33 of 34
Originally Posted by Dubble

On a DC related note - what theyve done to Bart Allen/Impulse is horrible. Thanks to Geoff Johns and Infinite Crisis, the character is absolutely and utterly destroyed/ruined beyond all recognition and everything that made him unique, fun to read, and different from every other stupid superhero on the market has been sapped out of him in a very contrived excuse to make him "grow up quickly" and turn him into a Wally West/Barry Allen clone. The killing part is - Wally wasn't "broken", so why try and "fix" him? the new Bart is bland, boring and now full of angst and unneeded smarts. Yawn.

I think it might be a bit too soon to damn DC for what they did to Impulse. I say wait and see first.

As for me, I would have to go with the clone saga. Not the idea in itself, but the fact that higher ups in Marvel who had no business interfering in the publishing of the comic forced them to drag it out for years. If it would have ended when it was going to, and how it was going to, no one would have had a problem with it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 09:37 PM #34 of 34
I agree about the Bart Allen thing. At the end of IC, it seems like he isn't really a superhero at all anymore. From what you've said, Dubble, you appear to think that he still has a hero career. Most likely, he'll still be the same basic person, so he could still be fun to read, still be different. But saying that they've automatically turned him into a Wally or Barry is impulsive. From what we know currently, he isn't even The Flash. I think that makes a Wally or Barry comparison somewhat problematic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Bad ideas