Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Kris Kross'll make you Jump (Ultimate Stars!)

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:51 PM #1 of 147
Kris Kross'll make you Jump (Ultimate Stars!)

Not a Wii game topic!?!?

Platform: DS
Players: 1-4
WI-FI CAPABILITIES
Price: Approx. $50 CDN on YesAsia

The quintessential game for those who love anime/manga and Super Smash Brothers/Multiplayer brawling. Includes characters from many, many, many Shonen Jump series:
- Naruto
- One Piece
- Dragonball Z
- Bleach
- Death Note
- Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac
- Eyeshield 21
- Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
- Black Cat
- Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle
- D. Gray-Man
- HunterXHunter
- Dr. Slump
- Prince of Tennis
- Slam Dunk
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Bobobobobo
- Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Ichigo 100%
- Shaman King
- Gintama
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Busou Renkin
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho
- Taizo Mote King Saga
- Jigoku Sensei Nube
- Jungle King Ta-Chan
- Midori no Makibao
- Space Adventure Cobra
- Majin Tantei Neuro Nougami
- Muhyo to Rouji
- Roukendashi Blues
- Tottemo Luckyman
- I's
- Captain Tsubasa
- Kochi Kame
- Sakigake! Otokojuku
- Ninku
- Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar
- Houshin Engi/Soul Hunter
- Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star
- Mr. Fullswing
- Hikaru No Go
etc.

Just like it's predecessor, Jump Superstars, Ultimate Stars features the "koma" system in which character from the panels of SJ manga can be summoned via the touchscreen to aid you in battle. The effects of these characters vary widely in usage and are often temporary and supplementary assists.

The characters you control (occupy 4 or more panels) are also part of these panels, and you can switch amongst characters at a mere touch. These characters are controlled with the buttons rather than the touch pad and have various special and super moves.

The biggest improvements in this version are the addition of WiFi play with anyone worldwide, and the gigantic character roster which has significantly improved on the first one.

*NOTE: There is a translation patch out!*
----------
Screenshots

----------
New Features

- Wi-Fi Play! (vs. random/vs. friends)
- Voice Chat Pre and Post Battle
- L + R hotkeys/shortcut buttons
- Database
- Evolution Charts (as opposed to shadow filling)
- Ultimate Action (aka. taunts w/ benefits)
- Help Koma are now Passive
- Many, many more character panels to choose from
----------
Gameplay Videos
Thanks goes to RandomCitizen from Gamefaqs for recording some of our matches.
Don't mind the suiciding Kurama at the start.

Showcasing combos and supports:
Mashirito vs. Kenshiro and such

My favourite Arale gets crushed by Piccolo:
Piccolo Vs. Arale

When time expires, sudden death happens:
DBZ vs. Confusion ~ Sudden Death Circumstances
----------
Friend Codes

^-^ - 5455 4719 4467
chato - 5111 8994 7920
Conan-the-3rd - 3351 0460 0902
dhsu87 - 0301 5483 4762
Eusine2 - 3093 2732 1338
Freelance Wolf - 0344 4525 7304
horseman85 - 0387 9976 2364
Icetron - 0688 0598 4641
Lacerta - 5068 9476 2701
nabhan - 1804 8037 3171
naz - 3866 3720 7785
OmagnusPrime - 3050 5105 9082
RockgamerXIII - 3952 2552 9411
Sakabadger - 0988 7066 1479
Summonmaster - 4639 4187 0624
Yeldarb - 0473 4558 5553
ZeroSlash - 4682 4842 6258

Scheduling:

via IM, PM, or thread post.

----------
Links:

Official Website
Wiki Article for supplemental information

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Jun 16, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:57 PM #2 of 147
I never played the first one, so don't mind if I ask silly questions. I actually saw someone playing it on the boss some weeks back.

Anyway, I've seen screenshots and I don't get the whole 'panel' thing that looks like a comic. Care to explain?

I'll be getting this game on Saturday when my sister comes back from Japan.

I don't know lots of the titles that's in this game, so don't be surprised if I use nobody but DB or Naruto characters >:P I'm planning on trying them all out though, of course.

One more question. IS SHIKAMARU PLAYABLE?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:37 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 10:37 PM #3 of 147
I love Jump, and the original Jump Superstars was awesome. I have no doubt that this will be a fun game, though I don't think it'll add anything new to the fighting system, for better or for worse. Hopefully, my local Best Buy will get this in.

Also, I like how they put I's into the game. What could you possibly do with that license in a fighting game?

Most amazing jew boots

Amayirot Akago
WRYYYYYYYYY!!

Member 12969

Level 21.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 08:56 AM #4 of 147
Picked it up recently; it's got a few subtle differences compared to its predecessor, but I'm waiting for a decent guide before getting further into it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:07 AM #5 of 147
Damn, another game thats too hard to resist to impo rt.

my last $50+shipping for the week is OVeR.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:05 AM #6 of 147
I only got the game for 45 bucks by my store XD. Played it. Beaten it. A must get? Of course ;p. If some noticed, I had like 2 versions of JuS sigs.

Graphics - 9.0 They improved the look on the characters. Not all look the same but I'll give it that much. You'll see what I mean once you play it. There are new stages all over the Jump Galaxies and yes, The Jump World is still there...XD. Each character has a new move so you'll be impress to see what they do even though it kinda spoils a few things to you o.o. That includes Naruto as well.

Sound - 10.0 The Hit-Punch-Sound-efx is almost the same. The music,without a doubt, is a huge Improvement. When you get into a world. Most of the series (if not all) Have their own theme songs from OST's (I wish they were the actual tracks and not "remixed" to Ganbarion's taste. What more can you ask? It still kicked ass. Alot better than JSS).

Gameplay - 9.5 Alot of things have changed. Instead of finding out what character you need to fill in shadow koma's , You simply earn diamonds and gems( During battle. You don't get them when you win so be on the lookout for them as well) for the Evolution Chart. For some characters, you need alot more than just 100 or 500 diamonds. Dont worry, as you advance from each world in a galaxy, you wont even notice having like 5,000 >=p. So for those people who whine over finding which shadow koma fits who, The Evolution chart is a more standard version.Hey, did I mention that all characters have taunts now? lol.

Characters : 9.5 Well, you've asked for Fist of the North Star, More characters from other series, Mello, Near and finally a fully playable powered up Sasuke and Naruto. While I haven't been using them at all. I'm having too much fun using Kenshiro. My only negative thought on it was that they didn't add the other characters from Hokuto no Ken. All you get is a shitload of Koma's from Kenshiro(fine) but Raoh has just one 6 panel koma (Maybe I have to unlock something , I dunno) The other characters such as Shu,Toki,Rei,Thouther and Shin are only support characters. I won't argue though...they have powerful attacks and you can somewhat perform an infinity combo. I did this once out of fun but I couldn't believe it either. That's enough of this. Everyone has improved. Some of their koma panels are different and more badass. There's just so much to unlock.

Story - 5.5 You won't expect much from it... But I seriously expected someone much more cooler than the other boss from Dr. Slump. And in this one. It is yet ANOTHER boss from the series. I was hoping for Orochimaru or anyone other than a stupid ass character in a machine. Maybe we'll get one in a third installment...maybe.

Overall : 8.5 - Everything is fine,no doubt. There seems to also be a little loading time for 2 short seconds or so before a fight. That doesn't kill the game though so you're good. You be the judge, You might not have the same mind about it like I do but you wont be disappointed.Grab it, Play it, I want to face some of you so bring it!.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by chato; Dec 1, 2006 at 07:11 AM.
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:16 PM #7 of 147
As for the WiFi multiplayer, does it require Friend Codes like most DS games, or does it have a system like Mario Kart DS, where you can "randomly" play other people?

I'm not sure how standard that is, or if it's only with Mario Kart which is why I ask.

FELIPE NO
projectg
Carob Nut

Member 3209

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 11:52 AM #8 of 147
does it have download play by any chance? the game is looking really good, and I'm debating whether or not to import it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:56 PM #9 of 147
Hey, Chato. Since you've already played the game, IS SHIKAMARU PLAYABLE? I doubt it, but inquiring minds (ie, me) would like to know!

P.S. If not, is he a support character at least?

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:53 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:53 PM #10 of 147
I just tried out a WiFi battle and i got BEAT DOWN like real fast!~~~

Someone had Naruto with the Nine Tails Chakra... he was way stronger than i was ^_^''

WiFi play ~ VS friends and you can also have it match you up randomly like Mario Kart.
There's also Download play though you can't choose characters.
(You get Naruto, Luffy, and the guy Fist of the North Star i believe)
It runs great, i didn't see any lag at all while fighting WiFi. I'm also waiting for a Guide as well.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:50 PM #11 of 147
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
IS SHIKAMARU PLAYABLE?
I regret to inform you....no He was a support in the last one, so I bet he's still in here as one though.

chato's sigs were actually the origin of why I wanted this game, otherwise I would not have known about it at all!

Looking at gamefaqs (which I'm sure many of us will rely on, thank you Genroh!) I'm really liking all the added options which DJMeas pointed out.
Download Play
Wifi Play (vs. random, vs. friends)
Quiz (I don't think we'll be trying this very much)
L + R shortcut buttons
Evolution Chart

Looks like it'll be quite a while until I can assemble my dream tea of Sanji, Kazuki, and Arale again, but in the meantime I can assemble everyone's friend codes and we could probably all face off against each other one day. Perhaps with koma restrictions since I'm pretty sure 4 panel Allen Walker would not have a chance against 8 panel Sasuke.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Feb 28, 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: skill up from then, completely wrong statement(s)
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 02:14 PM #12 of 147
I most def will get this game. Probably after the holidays though.

Hopefully you're still on a Jump high then (get it? get it?)... ¬_¬

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2006, 10:35 AM #13 of 147
What's the wifi mode like?

I had the original, and sold it, simply because it lacked wifi. And you couldn't play with others unless they owned the game as well. The game's interesting but there's basically nothing you can do once you've completed it.

Since Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is listed, I'm gonna assume Dio is playable in this.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:42 PM #14 of 147
I guess I should bring back the av and sig..

Most questions were answered so...yeah. Shikamaru isn't playable, the L and R shortcuts are also there so that you won't have any finger smudges on your touch screen. Which is a really good idea.

We all know that DBZ characters are going to be in there. JUS gave us that new dude Sai as a support character. I haven't unlocked it yet cause I stopped playing it yesterday. I'll try to see what else in there. Gaara of the Desert is only a support character BUT his damage is really strong and to see his moves is just badass. A real downer that he isn't a battle character along with Sai,Shimaru or the other 2 sand people. They know very damn well they could've added them. They're just lazy ;p.

The Wifi thing makes people mad cause they say it Lags or something.

Megalixir - I believe Dio was playable in JSS as well. Just as good as Jojo. I still carry JSS only as a collectable nowadays =/. JUS is better than the first one not only cause it has more characters and features but the music just lets you play more and more. but that's just me

Summonmaster - with a 4 panel Allen Walker, You can beat anybody. Just don't give them the time or combo to let them connect with their super attack ;p.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:31 AM #15 of 147
Awww, bummer Shika's not playable, but that's okay. He's still a support character at least!

My sister comes back tomorrow evening, YAY! Can't wait to get my hands on the game. Can someone just explain briefly what those comic panels mean though? I never played the first one.

FELIPE NO
Amayirot Akago
WRYYYYYYYYY!!

Member 12969

Level 21.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 06:39 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2006, 12:39 PM #16 of 147
Originally Posted by Megalixir
What's the wifi mode like?

I had the original, and sold it, simply because it lacked wifi. And you couldn't play with others unless they owned the game as well. The game's interesting but there's basically nothing you can do once you've completed it.

Since Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is listed, I'm gonna assume Dio is playable in this.
Both Jotaro and Dio were playable characters in the first game as well. And both of em ROCK.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:27 AM #17 of 147
Awww, bummer Shika's not playable, but that's okay. He's still a support character at least!

My sister comes back tomorrow evening, YAY! Can't wait to get my hands on the game. Can someone just explain briefly what those comic panels mean though? I never played the first one.
1 panel koma - help
2 panel koma - help?wise? or laughter..not sure
3 panel koma - support
4-8 panel koma - Battle

In JSS, you needed to use certain koma's to complete a mission. JUS doesn't have that kinda of difficulty like it used to but it was very annoying too. Some missions you have to use certain characters like Naruto or Bo-bobo

Most amazing jew boots
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:58 PM #18 of 147
Originally Posted by chato
1 panel koma - help
2 panel koma - help?wise? or laughter..not sure
3 panel koma - support
4-8 panel koma - Battle

In JSS, you needed to use certain koma's to complete a mission. JUS doesn't have that kinda of difficulty like it used to but it was very annoying too. Some missions you have to use certain characters like Naruto or Bo-bobo
2 panel koma seem to also fall under the support category, support being, if you touch them or have L/R assigned to them and press it, you'll summon them for a second and the effect is dependent on the koma. Regardless of size, support koma expend when summoned 1 full special gauge so pick wisely.
Eg. 2 panel Sanji = small healing, while 3 panel Gon = delayed attack
~

That also reminds me of another change, in how 1 panel help koma no longer offer dinky status effects when touched. They more useful now in that you don't have to touch them, and simply linking them to your battle characters gives them neat passive abilities.
Eg. Saya = Max health up, while Naruto = Wall Jump

I don't like how you are forced to used certain decks like Kinniku Man's or Seiya's for their respective worlds to clear certain missions, but so far the ai's pretty braindead when they're not gang beating on you in a pincer attack. I've noticed that they seem to suicide when hanging off a ledge instead of opting to jump back up a lot.

Sanji + Lenalee now round out my primary deck. Waiting on Arale, but I don't know if she'll fit without sacrificing many help girls (for Sanji) in the deck.

Trying to face against random people proves unfruitful. I've only found one person who quickly left in all the times I tried to just search for random people. Getting impatient for everyone else's copy to arrive :P Maybe it's the time zone difference.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Dec 2, 2006 at 03:18 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:28 PM #19 of 147
Since I read your post now, I assume we're both on the same side of the state >=p.

About the 3rd panel koma, I was going to add that it also involves attacks (Use Fist of the North Star people XD). I mean they really got everyone's moves well. All I really see are just more DBZ raping >.>. At least there's kid buu XD..Wait.. is Cell in there? If not, then that is BULLLLSHIIIIITT -.-.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:26 PM #20 of 147
I GOT IT I GOT IT! My sister just came home and gave it to me!!

My friend code is 0344 4525 7304

Update: I'm really confused. I want to unlock stuff, but I have no idea what mission I'm in : /

Oh. never mind...

Last edited by Freelance; Dec 2, 2006 at 11:43 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:09 AM #21 of 147
chato get your friend code in here! By time zone difference I meant probably with the Japanese people that have this game

Haha FW, 15-30 minutes of experimentation/playing with the faq will quickly lay the foundation for the rest of the game. (eg. Remembering to set a leader everytime you edit your battle characters, Having at least one of each help, support, and battle koma in a deck, etc.)

I am so hot for this game still! After 4/5 hours of studying for finals I binged for 6 hours straight and finally have Arale, and have three solid character favourites (Lvl. 5 Lenalee, Lvl. 6 Tsuna, Lvl. 6 Arale) which I split over decks for balance and variety.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:53 AM #22 of 147
I completed lots of missions already, and I've yet to unlock any battle characters >_> All I still got are the default ones.

I dunno how I can destroy all walls in the space of a minute.

Am I going to have huge difficulties in making a deck? The FAQ tells what abilities each help character does, but since it's listed by names (and what series they're in), it's useless to me. Sure, I know those characters that everyone knows, like Zoro and Gohan, but there's a ton of manga in the game I've never heard of, or know so little off. I don't know the names of these characters, let alone know what they look like. I guess I'll just wing it and hope for the best.

Update: OOOOOOOH! I finally understand how to get more battle characters. Yay I evolved a whole bunch of crap to add to my deck.

I'm getting the hang of this game now. No more questions from me yet.

P.S. Is there a list showing what exactly each koma does for help and support?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Freelance; Dec 3, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:22 PM #23 of 147
I dunno how I can destroy all walls in the space of a minute.

P.S. Is there a list showing what exactly each koma does for help and support?
I had trouble with all walls broken in a minute too, but if you're talking about that mission on HunterXHunter planet, it requires use of up+X to power Gon up. You can take care of the top two walls on the topmost platform with repeated Y attacks (you'll scrape the walls barely, contrary to what it looks like). Drop down to the next platform and get rid of the third wall from the top. Use repeated drop-> B attacks for the two walls under, while masterfully using down+A to land precisely on the springboards with speed. Take care of the bottom 2 walls with repeated y. Quickly dash over to the other side and repeat. Do Up+X whenever it wears off, and restart if your down+A doesn't end up with you bouncing off a spring too much.

It's hard to wing it with help characters too, but I really only care about the effects if it's something like triple jump or regeneration. The best you can do is just to learn katakana. (only 45 characters) After that, you can read the majority of the names. It's simpler than it appears (eg. Naruto = Na Ru To, in three katakana characters), but it's understandable if you don't want to exert that much effort.

For a starting point:
Gon = HunterXHunter, Black spiky hair, yellow energy attacks
Tsuna = Hitman Reborn, flame on his head, accompanied by a baby in a black cowboy outfit
Allen Walker = D. Gray-Man, gray hair, metal arm, "akuma" in speech bubble
Jaguar = Pyou to Fukyuu Jaguar!, orange hair, runs with arms spread out, uses extending flute
Bobobo = Bobobobo bobobo, yellow afro, uses nose hair

etc.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Summonmaster; Dec 3, 2006 at 01:49 PM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 01:14 PM #24 of 147
Thanks for your help, summonmaster. It's nice to learn from the pros :D

I'm gonna go unlock lots of crap before I try my hand online first. Hope to see you soon :3
Oh, I'm gonna add you to my Friend list now.

Update: (Pay 400 pink gems on Ou Tenkun's Evolution Chart to unlock this stage)
Help here?? On second thought, help with all the other planets I need to buy?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Freelance; Dec 3, 2006 at 04:29 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 04:56 PM #25 of 147
When you're in battle. Make sure you punch a few boxes to get some gems out of it. Killing a few people also does the same. The chances of getting a pink gem are kinda rare. I can't remember which mission it was where you can get a shitload of them. Perhaps SM can help with that?

I'm almost done unlocking the characters. I need to get to the Death Note stage.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Kris Kross'll make you Jump (Ultimate Stars!)