Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:07 PM #51 of 71
Originally Posted by Aramaethe
You are right, this wasn't the place for that and I'm sorry. It's just that when people start drilling me for my first statement I can't stop the "jive". My beliefs are strong about some things. Maybe I'll indulge one day.
"No guys, I didn't mean that. I just meant the one guy. How could you assume I meant 'everybody' when I clearly said 'everybody'. Fucking democrats and their putting spin on things."

People drill you on your first statement because you came off like a poorly educated ass. Your problem isn't that you have extreme beliefs, it's that, just like Simply Majestic, you have poorly supported conjecture. That's it. That's all. You have opinions, and you have nothing to back them up. You haven't offered a shred of evidence, outside of basically quoting Limbaugh, someone you've already discredited yourself. And then you slam people who talk politics on gamingforce, something you yourself are currently doing. You need a new shovel, yet? That one in your hands looks a little worn down.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 PM #52 of 71
Now I can see how you could have compared me to Simply Majestic, Deni. Cause I see what this guy's doing and it's basically the same.

Aramaethe, a word of advice. Best to back down completely. I don't say this to be rude, it's just how things work. If something's your opinion, let it be known that it's just your opinion and don't speak of it like it's fact. If you have some evidence supporting it, cite the evidence. Take a debate class, maybe it'll help. But you're not gonna win on any point you've tried to make, now. Cut your losses, and come back with a new approach.

I can easily agree, though, that John Kerry is a poor excuse for a politician. Then again, so are a lot of the others, in my opinion. I don't think anyone here is extolling Kerry's political greatness in any way, so don't expect much argument there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:36 PM #53 of 71
Aye, I don't think anyone is here to say John Kerry is a competent person. The man lost a damn near unloseable election, he routinely sticks his foot down his throat, and he's utterly lacking in charisma.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 05:09 PM #54 of 71
Originally Posted by Devoxy
Apparently The Land Down Under army only consists of dumbfucks put on infantry. Last I checked there were lab techs, network consultants, just a few examples of non-stupid positions.
Right, and it's an Australian research & development company that's developing Metal Storm for our DoD.

That's all well and good. What I'm saying is that RAB's personal experience doesn't mean jack squat.

Also, considering the Project for the New American Century it's hard not to think liberals are ruining this country.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 06:46 PM #55 of 71
No no, there are better ways to get someone killed than putting them in the armed forces. If you put him there, he'll just be wasting precious ammo. Maybe some of our own precious ammo, too.

FELIPE NO
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:48 PM #56 of 71
What Kerry said didn't bother me that much but if you put yourself in a the shoes of someone serving in the military or one of their family members I can see how it might be a little offensive. Whether it was a joke or not, he should have just appologized and kept to himself but instead he had to keep digging a bigger hole for himself by not shutting up. Whether you like Kerry or not, he just doesn't have a sense of humor and he always seems robotic like if he has no feeling which probably adds to people's dislike of him at times.

I do think this is being overdone though. I mean, he did give an apology though it was a very mediocre one at that.

What happen to the days when politicians did have minds of their own. Nowadays they just follow each other's butts. The Republicans seem to be mindless drones of the President and Democrats don't want to agree with anything that has to do with Republicans. It's not a bad thing to disagree with your own party on something; it shows that you can think for yourself and you don't let other people control what you think.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2006, 12:57 PM #57 of 71
Originally Posted by majario
I do think this is being overdone though. I mean, he did give an apology though it was a very mediocre one at that.
Really though, it's only rational for the GOP to jump all over this and collect a little political capital. They're out to win elections just like every other politician. Any time dirt comes out on anybody you can be sure it'll be used against the opposing party. The difference in this situation is Kerry would've done his party better to keep his mouth shut. Who the hell does he think he is telling "jokes" anyways? The guy is funny to laugh at, not with. He's about as charismatic as a leper.

I think some politicians should use their sense of humor a lot more. It probably would've helped Bob Dole out back in 96. The eps of the Daily Show where he's a guest are so damn funny. Stewart seems perpetually surprised by how sharp and hilarious he is.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2006, 12:16 PM #58 of 71
Originally Posted by majario
What happen to the days when politicians did have minds of their own. Nowadays they just follow each other's butts. The Republicans seem to be mindless drones of the President and Democrats don't want to agree with anything that has to do with Republicans. It's not a bad thing to disagree with your own party on something; it shows that you can think for yourself and you don't let other people control what you think.
In an ideal situation, yes. But one of the reasons (among many others) that the Democratic party is the minority right now is because of internal squabbling.

In national politics, party unity is key. Without that, you cannot send a unified message about what the party (and therefore YOU) stand for. People are almost universally lazy when it comes to politics. Instead of researching a particular person's stance, they vote more or less on party lines. If one party presents clearly and concisely "I stand for X, Y, and Z," and the other does not, then generally people will vote for the person representing the former. There are exceptions, however, such as scandals or a poor candidate.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"