Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

!!!~!~COMPUTER HELP!~!~!!!

Enigma
Carob Nut

Member 5530

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:45 PM #1 of 7
Arrow !!!~!~COMPUTER HELP!~!~!!!

Alright, well recently on my other computer I was browsing the web. Sites like myspace, ign, mp3fusion, gamefaqs, when suddenly my power turns off. It turns out that my brother turned of the power switch by accident thinking that no one was upstairs in my room. After that when booting up my computer, it flashed a blue screen and I was able to catch a glimpse of something like "begining dumping of physical memory" or something like that. Afterwards none of my applications will work, let alone even pop up. I tried to run my internet explorer, and that wouldn't even pop up. World of Warcraft wont boot up, realplayer, windows media player. To make things worse I'm getting yelled at for destroying the computer... again... I'd like to bring it to a computer expert but the thing is that I don't have the cash to do that. I'm in dire need of assistance. So please, someone help A.S.A.P.

Thank you all everyone for taking your time to read this and eaid me in my situation.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:50 AM #2 of 7
Try to boot up by pressing F8 with last known good configuration. If that doesn't work then I would suggest something like system restore or repairing windows.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:48 AM #3 of 7
It's also likely that having the power cut may have damaged your hard drive. I would find out what kind of hard drive you have and check the manufacturers website to see if they have a scanning tool to check it's integrity, or run a SMART test through the bios if it supports it. Also, get memtest86 to check your RAM, just to be sure. A sudden cut in power can cause damage to many components.

I'd also back up important files to DVD or external drive just to be safe.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:49 PM #4 of 7
If Enigma can't open the certain programs he mentioned before, do you think he could even run memtest?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 03:01 AM #5 of 7
!!!~!~YES IT DOESN'T RUN OFF THE HARD DRIVE!~!~!!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sharath
Screenshot King

Member 1125

Level 12.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 03:13 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 01:43 PM #6 of 7
Chances are that your HDD may be corrupted..but i dont think that would have happend (switching of the power switch is just like a power cut)... it could just be that your OS might be corrupted..
An exact problem had occured for my friend when there was a power failure..a reinstall was all that he needed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No One Dies as a Virgin....LIFE FUCKS EVERYONE!

Last edited by Sharath; Jul 16, 2006 at 03:15 AM.
jsphweid
Chocobo

Member 691

Level 10.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 10:03 PM #7 of 7
Ya, reinstall, or
take it to the best buy geek, they seem to know alot... (jk)

The jolt of electricity (from the power going off an on) could've damaged other things on your mobo.
HD is a good guess and since win. was improperly shutdown (unintentionally) it could've caused problems there too.

So, basically, just like everyone else said....

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > !!!~!~COMPUTER HELP!~!~!!!