Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] E3 2014

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:30 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2014, 10:30 AM #26 of 33
True open-world Zelda is, like, the best idea I've ever heard. I think I noticed that tear in my eye as soon as he started talking about the limits of using zones.

Also, I like how Nintendo's Treehouse people are like QVC hosts.

Also also, I do not like how Xenoblade Chronicles X got pushed back again, to 2015. Besides Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 1/2, Nintendo's message is "Hold out just one more year!" And I'm pretty sure this Bayonetta collection is happening so that Hideki Kamiya doesn't have to keep telling people who ask him about it to fuck off

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jun 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:21 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2014, 11:21 PM #27 of 33
and smash 3DS and smash wii u and captain toad but I mean who's counting

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:41 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2014, 02:41 PM #28 of 33
I was mainly referring to games we didn't have release dates for yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for all the 2014 stuff they've shown, but I dislike being told that I have to wait another year for X

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:03 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2014, 04:03 PM 5 #29 of 33
I love how the conferences have been just a mixture of deep, deep, fed up apathy and the occasional "huh, that kinda looks a bit ok" and then Nintendo comes on and it's just non-stop JOY of videogames.

Kinda want Splatoon right now

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:08 AM #30 of 33
Pac-Man joins Smash, Game and Watch teased.

Pac-Man headed to Super Smash Bros., Mr. Game & Watch teased (update) | Polygon

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:55 AM 3 #31 of 33

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:54 PM 2 #32 of 33
I went to Nintendo's Smash Bros. demo at Best Buy today, and thought I'd give a few hands-on impressions. They had four people play Smash Run against CPUs on 3DS first, and then you moved on to play two rounds on the Wii U.

I tried out Greninja on 3DS, and it was a little awkward getting used to his movement during the Smash Run segment. Most of his attacks don't hit the hardest, so it was tough beating any big enemies. Smash Run itself is really cool though, and includes enemies from every game. I ran into giant peahats, Kid Icarus enemies, metroids, cannons from Kirby, etc. The challenge room I found was an easy-level target challenge from the original Smash Bros; just a flat platform with 10 targets flying around. You can die during the run by getting hit hard enough after taking a lot of damage, and it restarts you at a random spot.

Greninja played much better in the actual battle at the end of it. His down attacks are incredibly powerful, and his shadow teleport is a lot of fun. Greninja players also tended to win the Wii U battles from what I saw.

I played as Mega Man on the first round on Wii U, which were 2 minute timed matches. The biggest challenge was that my brain kept trying to use Mega Man controls of A for jump and B to shoot, which does not work. His wide variety of attacks will make him a great character to play, and his attack shooting Airman's weapon upwards can hit pretty hard.

The second round I managed to win using Villager. The tree just vanished instead of falling after I chopped it, but the gyroid rocket is fantastic. As long as you're above or on level with the stage you could ride it back as a recovery move from any distance, but you're frozen after jumping off the same way you are after up+B moves. The bugnet and umbrella hits make him a solid close-up fighter too.

As for other general things, the game seems VERY generous about catching the ledge. I grabbed it a couple times with Mega Man when I didn't seem to be close enough, so I assume they're probably going to tweak that before release. The controls on both 3DS and the Wii U Pro controller are almost direct translations from the Gamecube controller. It feels kind of weird having both X and Y as jump when the buttons are all the same size/shape, and the right stick on Wii U was labeled as something to do with smash attacks, but I didn't mess with that. Jumping by pressing up on the 3DS analog stick still worked, but not as well as before so it was better to stick to buttons. X-Bombs are crazy. Rosalina appeared to be a very heavy hitter while holding Luma, as in Bowser heavy. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the items picked up during Smash Run, which was something they hinted at during the tournament last night. I picked up a Reflector and some kind of grenade which just showed up as green sparkles on the loot screen in addition to a Greninja trophy.

I was also amused that Best Buy made Nintendo not give out the gold coins today like they'd planned. Instead of the first 70 people getting coins today Best Buy will give them out on pick-up to anyone who has a receipt saying they preordered at the correct store during the times when the Smash event was going on. There are going to be a lot of very confused cashiers. It also meant you could now get two coins if you preordered both versions, but I only put money down on the 3DS game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by The Plane Is A Tiger; Jun 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:11 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2014, 07:11 AM #33 of 33
and the right stick on Wii U was labeled as something to do with smash attacks, but I didn't mess with that.
In previous versions of smash, you could use the c-stick on the gamecube controller to do power moves without charging them per direction+A. Thats probably what they stashed on the right stick.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] E3 2014