Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Keep old mobo?

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 05:59 PM #1 of 2
Keep old mobo?

I think I am going to up grade

Legend: [Old --> New]

Motherboard:Asus P5W DH Deluxe --->Asus Striker Extreme

Video card: 7900 GT OCx2 [Can't use the second one... since its only crossfire...]--> GeForce 8800 GTS OC / 320MB GDDR3

RAM --> OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz

Should I get motherboard or buy the video card?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Auditor
Syklis Green

Member 22456

Level 7.02

May 2007

Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:29 PM #2 of 2
If you want to run DX 10 games, I would go for the Geforce 8800 GTS (1st generation), and that would mean you would have to be running Windows Vista. I'm positive 7900GT does not support DX 10. But if you don't care about DX 10,and just care for a speed increase, go for the motherboard(cheaper option and does it supports the second card?). The increase from the second card, I THINK, will give around a 10-30% performance increase.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Keep old mobo?