Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

'God Of War 2' For Playstation 2

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:54 AM #51 of 72
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
I like how some people are screaming Rape! over this saying that it's the same old thing when a SEQUEL to a game should normally retain the same 'energy' as it's predecessor. Isn't that the goal when making a sequel, more of the same thing that made it great but with a twist?

Also, 90% of the people screaming Rape! over this are probably over-weight bastards or skinny pimple-faced morons living in a basement, chugging down Cheetos like it was water while masturbating over a drawing of Jessica Rabbit blowing the Mario Bros and doing nothing gratifying of their lives.

You've got no idea what it is creating a game; you think the President of the company points his finger at a blank disc and screams 'God of War 2' and there it comes? Geez.
And you're an ass. We got it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:14 PM #52 of 72
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
And you're an ass. We got it.
And you're a generic, pessimistic, smart-ass forumer who roams a thousand threads.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:32 PM #53 of 72
Also, 90% of the people screaming Rape! over this are probably over-weight bastards or skinny pimple-faced morons living in a basement, chugging down Cheetos like it was water while masturbating over a drawing of Jessica Rabbit blowing the Mario Bros and doing nothing gratifying of their lives.
You seem to know that story all too well...

I for one am glad that the core of GOW2 is the same as GOW1 while also expanding its own boundaries. Better platforming, new ways to kill enemies, and a deeper combo system all while outdoing the first one in terms of scale and story? If you're a fan of the first game, what more could you ask for? Just because the graphics engine is the same and it has the same character models doesn't mean that it'll feel old or won't be fun.

And to SouthJag:
MGS Subsistence never purported to be a sequel or expansion, and it's far from a simple rehash of MGS3. At least they lowered the price for it unlike Substance. I certainly didn't feel like I was buying the same thing twice, hell, I haven't even touched Snake Eater on Subsistence yet. Comparing the releleases of the MGS games isn't really a fair comparison in a discussion about sequels. By that logic we might as well say that those lazy bastards at Capcom tried to shove DMC3: SE down our throats. Same difference.

I was speaking idiomatically.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:17 PM #54 of 72
And you're a generic, pessimistic, smart-ass forumer who roams a thousand threads.
Lol. ok.

Mobius: I agree. It's not like GoW had bad graphics or anything either. Simply expanding on the gameplay options is all that we need. I'm really hope that the team dips into other mythologies for future action games though. Imagine a GoW based on Norse mythology on PS3. <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 01:40 PM #55 of 72
What we need is an RPG that delves into African and Native American folklore. Say what you want, but there are some great ideas and stories there. I was reading some books on African Folklore for my English class, and every few seconds I was like, "damn, this would be pretty cool in an RPG."

How ya doing, buddy?
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 12:57 AM #56 of 72
Right...except the GOW team excells at action games.

I don't think the David Jaffe's next games are going to be about other mythologies, although it would be nice. I think David Jaffe was inspired by Greek Mythology in particular because it is one of the most widely-known mythologies. You walk up to anyone and say "Hydra", "Cyclops", or "Minotaur" and most people will know what you're talking about. Not so with most other mythologies. Whatever Jaffe does, it's got to be an epic action game, although it can't just be a clone of GOW. He's too clever to copy his own work.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:01 PM #57 of 72
Found a trailer of God of War II. It looks pretty awesome.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and I'll probably enjoy the second. It seems much more violent this time around. I think the swinging idea was taken from one of the level concepts they had from the previous game - I remember seeing that there was levels that they didn't fit into the first God of War due to lack of time which Jaffe said he'd really like to be put in. It wouldn't be surprising.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:33 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 07:33 PM #58 of 72
http://www.us.playstation.com/conten...US-97481/site/

Official site up,with kick ass music in background but very bad quality.
And the site is teaser, building hype for E3.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 07:20 PM #59 of 72
Oh god.
I think I just came a little, wathcing that trailer. I'm so looking forward to this, even if the game is completely void of Jaffe.

Spoiler:
<3 ripping wings of griphons, or whatever they're called in english:love:

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 07:28 PM #60 of 72
Originally Posted by Sexninja
Official site up,with kick ass music in background but very bad quality.
That's music from the original game.

Originally Posted by Kilroy
I think I just came a little, wathcing that trailer.
Can you tell me where to find this trailer? The site says "trailer coming soon" for me.

Most amazing jew boots
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:31 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 07:31 PM #61 of 72
Elixir posted it, but it was cleverly disguised as text, so here it is in raw html-thing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jEj5_vNBz0c

How ya doing, buddy?

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:56 PM #62 of 72
Originally Posted by a_ce_combat_04
Right...except the GOW team excells at action games.

I don't think the David Jaffe's next games are going to be about other mythologies, although it would be nice. I think David Jaffe was inspired by Greek Mythology in particular because it is one of the most widely-known mythologies. You walk up to anyone and say "Hydra", "Cyclops", or "Minotaur" and most people will know what you're talking about. Not so with most other mythologies. Whatever Jaffe does, it's got to be an epic action game, although it can't just be a clone of GOW. He's too clever to copy his own work.
Kinda off topic but before David stopped updating his blog, he said his next game is a HL2 inspired (as in no cutscenes, just people talking to you in the actual gameworld, like thats how the stories told) PSP game.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 08:00 PM #63 of 72
Awesome new video at gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/g...ml?sid=6148166

FELIPE NO
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:09 PM #64 of 72
Seeing how short GoW1 was, I think that they can afford to milk some of the mechanics some more in the sequel because people want to spend more time playing them. Also seeing as how fast they're bringing out GoW2 when it took three years to make GoW1, I don't think one can really expect that much of a difference?

At the very least, in the trailer of GoW2 they did show quite a few new moves as well as increased brutallity. So really, anyone who wants to spill some more blood in the most brutal ways, here you go. For thoes who are looking for in depth gameplay, there's always Devil May Cry 3 (which is one of my favouriate games).

*This post has not been spell checked*

Last edited by Slayer X; Apr 30, 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 12:22 PM #65 of 72
I bought the first one, played it, beat the game, sold the game. It was a good game, but some of the things in the game didn't leave me wanting more. It was a rental's worth of fun.

All the death animations when kratos finishes off the enemies were the same, after you did it 10 times, it got really old, really fast. Plus the enemies would spin around towards the camera, so you could "see" the death animation, I don't see what's wrong with leaving the enemies in whatever angle they were in, at least it wouldn't get as repetetive as fast. The bosses were the most fun in this game, and I personally couldn't stand Krato's voice, not because it was bad or corny, but because it was a cliche voice tone, there's so many damn voices that sound just like him these days for main characters, it was trully unnecessary.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 05:40 PM #66 of 72
Originally Posted by Slayer X
Also seeing as how fast they're bringing out GoW2 when it took three years to make GoW1, I don't think one can really expect that much of a difference?
The Graphic engine, the Combat system, backstory and all the rest are already done, that's what was so time-consuming for the first game. They just built the sequel on the already established foundations.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:50 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 02:50 PM #67 of 72
However, they still have to make a bunch of new animations, create new magics, subweapons and areas. Plus, they have some new gamemechanics they didn't have in GoW1.
I'm really looking forward to this game, even more now, after the Pre-E3 presentation I attended a week ago. So cool;_;

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 09:46 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 10:46 AM #68 of 72
Originally Posted by Cel
I bought the first one, played it, beat the game, sold the game. It was a good game, but some of the things in the game didn't leave me wanting more. It was a rental's worth of fun.

All the death animations when kratos finishes off the enemies were the same, after you did it 10 times, it got really old, really fast. Plus the enemies would spin around towards the camera, so you could "see" the death animation, I don't see what's wrong with leaving the enemies in whatever angle they were in, at least it wouldn't get as repetetive as fast. The bosses were the most fun in this game, and I personally couldn't stand Krato's voice, not because it was bad or corny, but because it was a cliche voice tone, there's so many damn voices that sound just like him these days for main characters, it was trully unnecessary.
Jesus christ man, the smallest things annoy you. You need to stop letting the small stuff ruin games for you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 10:06 AM #69 of 72
The main thing that bugged me were some of the enemies half way through the game. Now, I dont mind HARD enemies but some the enemies in GoW just rubbed me off as cheap.

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 11:25 AM #70 of 72
Yeah, they got a little hard with their unblockable attacks and their interupting your combos, but it wasn't that bad, especially if you dodge alot. The only thing I hated about the fiirst game was the Hades level. Worst platforming ever. Jaffe even admits it's some of the worst ever.

[ MOBIUS ]
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:00 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 01:00 PM #71 of 72
David Jaffe is cool. Fact.

FELIPE NO
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 11:13 AM #72 of 72
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Jesus christ man, the smallest things annoy you. You need to stop letting the small stuff ruin games for you.
Well i'm talking about replayability, because I loved the game, just not enough to keep it. Games like MGS aren't very replayable, but i'd still keep it, dunno why I couldn't keep myself from selling GOW, it just didn't have the same aspects that the rest had. Good game, good story, just not enough to keep, maybe the second one will change that.

Sorry btw, I do bitch a lot about little things. Kratos voice wasn't enough to mention me disliking it.

Last edited by Cel; May 1, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > 'God Of War 2' For Playstation 2