Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Ghost image" on my monitor

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:26 PM #1 of 2
"Ghost image" on my monitor

If you've ever had regular antenna TV, you probably know what I'm talking about. If not, a ghost image basically means everything on screen is also transposed a few pixels to the left/right and mostly transparent, yet distracting.

The ghost image is not apparent on lower frequencies (I'm using 1280x1024) and at my current refresh rate (85Khz; anything less than that seriously fucks with my eyes).

This monitor is old. It's 20in, not wide (I believe 5:4 aspect ratio) and it was probably a few thousand dollars when it was purchased. I also can't notice it when there are brighter colors on the screen. For exmaple, the host image is incredibly apparent right now on GFF.

I just don't know if it's bad drivers, the video card, or the monitor.

However, this problem started appearing just recently.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:37 PM #2 of 2
It could very well be that the monitor is in it's dying phases, then.
Then again, it could simply be that a driver got fucked someplace; try uninstalling your video card drivers and--if you don't mind doing it--use DriverCleaner to remove the remnants of the driver (follow the directions included with DriverCleaner, blah, blah) and install a new version or reinstall whatever version of the driver that you currently have.
Also, just to be sure, degauss the monitor and check to see that the VGA cable is fully plugged in. (I really think that this is a case of progession towards death, though. Of course, it is only on that one refresh rate and above.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > "Ghost image" on my monitor