Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Games you like that people DESPISE

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:04 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2013, 12:34 AM 1 #26 of 39
I got a couple of games that I feel get a lot of unnecessary hate:

Shadow Hearts: From the New World

This was the first shadow hearts games I've ever played. Even though I've never played the first two shadow hearts games for the ps2 and Koudelka for the ps1 I know that the majority of other people consider the first two shadow hearts games for the ps2 vastly superior to Shadow Hearts: From The New World. I will play the other shadow hearts games but I really don't understand the hate this game gets. I found it incredibly enjoyable, I know that the plot wasn't really the strongest, and the characters could be a little unbearable at times (I actually liked frank throughout the entire game). I thought the amount of humour was just right and the game itself never felt like a chore. The dungeons felt like they were the perfect length and I couldn't really think of anything about the game I didn't enjoy. One of the reasons why I think I enjoyed this game so much is that it definitely has one of my favorite rpg battle theme's of all time and it has one of my favorite boss battle theme's of all time.

Awesome Normal Battle Theme

YouTube Video

Awesome Boss Battle Theme

YouTube Video

Mega Man 8

With all the mega man fans that are out there, there are just too many that believe that the only good mega man games were mega man games released in 8 bit, and I simply don't agree with that. I'm not praising this game for its stellar voice work (we all know that's horrible), but even ignoring some of the staples that were expected in all mega man games did not take away the fact that this is still a solid mega man game. I really enjoyed this game, I thought the stage layouts were fine, the bolt collecting was fun throughout the game, and the music was fairly solid. This game has my favorite robot master of all time which is Tengu Man and two of my favorite robot master theme's which is Tengu Man (Playstation 1 version) and Frost Man. I don't think the game is the best in the series, but I still firmly believe this is one of the better titles in the franchise.

Mega Man X6

There are a lot of people that feel that the last good mega man X game was mega man X4 and that the series should of stopped after that because mega man X5 was definitely a drop in quality for the rest of the series. However, one of the reasons why I loved mega man X6 is because it brought back difficulty to the mega man x series. I prefer my games to have an addictive amount of difficulty because nothing is worse than playing a game that is too easy. There are a lot of aspects about this game I found hard and I really enjoyed the robot masters in this game. I found a lot of them incredibly difficult and that really added a sense of enjoyability to the game. I even enjoyed rescuing all the robots which definitely had its annoying moments. The stages were incredibly difficult but I absolutely loved how difficult the stages were. Mega man games are suppose to be challenging. I loved obtaining all the special moves and with three endings this game definitely had its ability to be re-playable, but yet I don't really understand why this game has so much hate. Its mind boggling.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:57 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2013, 09:57 AM #27 of 39
I love Jade Empire and Skills will give me shit about this until the day they bury my fat ass in the ground.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 05:38 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2013, 04:38 PM #28 of 39
YES I WILL

FUCK YOU

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 05:46 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2013, 03:46 PM 3 #29 of 39
Just FYI in the front-page preview that reads as "YES I WILL FUCK YOU"

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 06:54 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2013, 04:54 PM 4 #30 of 39
That's a game that everyone despises.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 07:25 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2013, 01:25 AM #31 of 39
I love Jade Empire and Skills will give me shit about this until the day they bury my fat ass in the ground.
I enjoyed Jade Empire, although it was far, far too easy. Towards the end you had to struggle to get hurt, let alone die.

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 07:41 PM #32 of 39
Wasn't Jade Empire the first game where you could have a gay romance? I think it was. The first one I experienced anyway. That's the only thing I remember about it. And punching.

edit: if it isn't obvious, the gay romance is a positive thing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:55 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2013, 06:55 PM 3 #33 of 39
And here I thought you were using gay as a form of derogatory slang.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:44 AM 3 1 #34 of 39
Wasn't Jade Empire the first game where you could have a gay romance? I think it was. The first one I experienced anyway.
... Your first gay romance was in a video game?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2013, 02:42 PM #35 of 39
Sounds right. This is Radzia we're talking about.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2013, 08:45 PM 1 1 #36 of 39
I've found a lot of people disliked Front Mission 3.

Fuck those people. That game was harder than a metaphor at a simile convention.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chao_Zero

DJENT-D-DJENT DJENT D-D-D-DJENT DJENT

Member 1230

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2013, 06:23 PM #37 of 39
Three words:
Shadow the Hedgehog

I understand why most people hate it, though. Half the stuff they put in was either redundant or unnecessary. Guns? Kind of odd and doesn't fit with the general play-style of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, but it didn't bother me. Shadow driving vehicles? Yeah, kind of stupid when you can run faster than those vehicles can drive, but again, it didn't bother me too much. I enjoyed the game, especially the game's soundtrack. I'm pretty much Jun Senoue's bitch.

And hey, it could be worse. Like, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006-worse. Which is frustrating because I really, really want to like that game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Rune Factory on cocaine
Go, right now. Back to your console. Start on Hard. Look down, now back to me. Aren't your genitals bigger? Boost kick left, now right. It's your girlfriend, with two tickets for free sex with her sister. Look at yourself, now me. You could be as awesome as me too. I'm in an Augmented Reaction Suit.
New Chaokaze album, "Japan Terminus", available now on iTunes & Bandcamp!
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2013, 06:31 PM #38 of 39
People who "want to like" things have been the sole customer type filling Sonic Team's wallets since the turn of the century.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chao_Zero

DJENT-D-DJENT DJENT D-D-D-DJENT DJENT

Member 1230

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2013, 06:41 PM #39 of 39
Sadly, that is true. At least I've been smart enough to steer clear of the Sonic Riders franchise because fuck that franchise. Man, I've never seen any games with mechanics as broken and unresponsive as that festering pile of shit. Well, no other games other than Sonic 2006.
Wait.
FUCK.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Rune Factory on cocaine
Go, right now. Back to your console. Start on Hard. Look down, now back to me. Aren't your genitals bigger? Boost kick left, now right. It's your girlfriend, with two tickets for free sex with her sister. Look at yourself, now me. You could be as awesome as me too. I'm in an Augmented Reaction Suit.
New Chaokaze album, "Japan Terminus", available now on iTunes & Bandcamp!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Games you like that people DESPISE