Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

No cat can survive the lava caves. Except one: LavaCat

charliemadewell
Wark!

Member 40649

Level 1.10

Sep 2013

Old Sep 25, 2013, 04:29 PM #1 of 6
No cat can survive the lava caves. Except one: LavaCat

Hi, my name is Charlie Madewell and I work for PocketCake, a small app developer based in Kansas City, Missouri.

I would like to invite you all to download our first game, LavaCat. Any feedback on this thread is appreciated (even “this game sucks,” so long as you explain why).

Combining agility and strategy, LavaCat is an action-adventure game in the style of classic platformers such as Super Mario Bros. The new version of LavaCat includes two game modes (adventure and puzzle) and three minigames: LavaCat Run, LavaCat Jump and LavaCat Fly.

A free full version of the game is now available on iOS, Android and Facebook. LavaCat is also now on the Ouya console. I’ve provided links below to the LavaCat page on iTunes and Google Play.

I’ll be checking in quite a bit to answer any questions you may have about the game or company. Thank you for your help!

Charlie

LavaCat trailer: https://vimeo.com/75058361

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lava...699603880?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....LavaCat&hl=en

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2013, 06:49 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2013, 03:49 PM #2 of 6
I'm pretty sure Kansas City is in Kansas.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2013, 07:38 PM #3 of 6
You def get props for a sweet game name.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:00 PM 3 #4 of 6
I'm pretty sure Kansas City is in Kansas.
The Kansas City was inside you all along.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:41 PM 5 #5 of 6
As GFF's one and only Ouya owner, I eagerly booted up my console, happy that the killer app I'd been dreaming about had finally arrived. Slowly I watched as the Ouya downloaded and installed an update. Seconds turned into minutes, which felt like hours, my anticipation growing by the moment. Sure, I've played games with lava, and I've played games with cats, but combining the two? Why has this never been done before? It's like if the peanut butter and jelly sandwich hadn't been invented until 2013, or like eating Kansas City BBQ in Memphis.

Just when I thought my heart couldn't take it anymore, my Ouya finally rebooted, and I rushed into the search menu. What do you mean there are no results for "lava"? No, Ouya, I don't want to play Crazy Cat Lady, I want LavaCat! Oh no, I've been mislead! No, Virginia, there is no Santa Claus, and no LavaCat on Ouya.

Tonight the creators of Ouya will have another suicide on their consciences.

I was speaking idiomatically.
charliemadewell
Wark!

Member 40649

Level 1.10

Sep 2013

Old Oct 3, 2013, 05:37 PM #6 of 6
I just want to say that all of your comments were fantastic.

Thanks for the name credit @I like Sakizou.

@nuttyturnip: First of all, I love the BBQ analogy. Secondly, you should have been able to find LavaCat (and LavaCat Minigame Trilogy) via the search queue or by filtering through the Sandbox. Be sure to search LavaCat as one word.

Additional Spam:
And, ironically enough, there is a Kansas City, Kansas and a Kansas City, Missouri...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by charliemadewell; Oct 3, 2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Tags
android, apple, ios, mobile, ouya

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > No cat can survive the lava caves. Except one: LavaCat