Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Missing Operating System" Oh SHIT!

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:49 PM #1 of 3
"Missing Operating System" Oh SHIT!

Oh goodness pls help me out guys!

I get a "Missing Operating System" error everytime I boot my computer. This is how it happened...

I installed Ghost 2003 on my system, and decided to "clone" my C: partition to another separate harddrive. So after setting the options up I was asked that Ghost would restart my computer to carry out the instructions. So after restart, boom! I get the error and I remembered why..

I had Shadowuser installed and running! Shadowuser basically locks your Windows from modification so you always get a fresh system after every restart. So in my panic I got another harddrive with Xp and made my malfunctioning drive the slave drive to check if all my files are still there and fortunately they are still there. (that drive originally had 3 partitions but now Ghost seemed to create another small partition (making it 4) and set that as the active one, but since I had Shadowuser installed it was interupted to complete the instruction. So how do I fix this? Im scared to lose all my data and customizations!

PLease help me,,,

How ya doing, buddy?
Sausageboots
Objection!

Member 3683

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:17 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 10:17 AM #2 of 3
If you can I'd copy all the data from your dodgy drive to the new primary one - just in case.
Theres two things I can think of trying:
1: Goto the Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer management.
Click on Disk management (left window).
From here you should be able to change the partition settings, change the active partition or delete the partition that Ghost setup.
2: If that fails perhaps a Repair install of XP would fix the problem (if you have your XP disk), set your computer to boot from the cd drive and choose repair install when the installation screen comes up (should be after the Licence agreement screen where you have to press F8)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 01:35 PM #3 of 3
This sounds like a Master Boot Record problem. Boot up using a Windows XP install disc, hit 'R' to go into the Recovery Console when prompt to do so and then type 'fixmbr' and see if that solves the problem.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > "Missing Operating System" Oh SHIT!