Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

French Jobs Law Failure

Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:42 PM #26 of 31
Quote:
I can't believe you're overlooking the personal livlihoods of people for rubbish like "the national economy."
Because personal livelyhood cannot exist without a strong national economy. An economy in the toilet results in unemployment and people out of jobs. It's not that hard of a concept to understand, indeed, its rather obvious.

Quote:
Villepin's biggest mistake was passing the law by force, if he took the regular law-making way, it would have had a much better chance. Chirac didn't help out either, reacting too late as usual, only adding fuel to the fire, and in the end weakening his PM's position. And of course there's Sarkozy, who couldn't help but make sneer remarks. I won't even mention the opposition, since imo they didn't even try to take advantage of the situation.
Indeed, I'll agree with you on that. Villepan should have probably been more diplomatic about pushing it through, and the government has failed miserably, just like every other European government that desperately needs reform, to convince their people that this was not only important, but necessary for France's long term survival as a global power.

In the end, the government botched the attempt miserably, although at the same time, I'm stunned at how little knowledge many French seem to have of how bad the situation really has become.

Although I can take some solace - if you looked at it, students at Economics schools and Sciences Pol didn't protest. The whole spectrum of people who truely understood how important this was didn't fight it, and its a shame people didn't attempt to look to those who knew more on the topic.

It's a sad day, I really do like Chirac and Villepan, even though I'm not French. They genuinely tried something drastic to help France, and if anything, history will give them credit if anything, of having the foresight and the guts to try something nobody will for a long time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:05 PM #27 of 31
Originally Posted by Adamgian
Although I can take some solace - if you looked at it, students at Economics schools and Sciences Pol didn't protest. The whole spectrum of people who truely understood how important this was didn't fight it, and its a shame people didn't attempt to look to those who knew more on the topic.
I suppose this is the kind of fear America's founding fathers had in mind when they created to Electoral College, where the mindless masses would just go along with the rest of herd, even if its straight off a cliff and the educated minority would be dragged along with them. But then again our electoral college system hasn't really worked the way the fathers wanted it to anyways.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
How Unfortunate
Ghost

Member 4460

Level 13.04

Apr 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:46 PM #28 of 31
Bit offtopic, but this blog has nice protest pictures, if you're interested.

Turns out cars are flammable, unforunately.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 10:53 PM #29 of 31
Originally Posted by How Unfortunate
France's Muslim riots from a few months ago already taught us this, but thanks anyway!

I was speaking idiomatically.
dope
Carob Nut

Member 2054

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:03 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 05:03 PM #30 of 31
I'm familiar with the hard-to-fire thing. Instead of trying to go through with the normal process I opted for a discourage from working tactic. This wasn't necesarrily 100% effective but it worked.

Okay anyway just to clarify since I'm not so familiar with France.
1. Where does this 22% unemployment rate come from
2. Is the 22% mainly youth or a mixture of French people (young and old)
3. Even if the law is passed what is the projected number of jobs to be available for the youth
4. What type of jobs are available for the youth anyway? And will the 2 year policy be prone to abuse? (well it will be anyway)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by dope; Apr 13, 2006 at 11:36 PM.
Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 07:31 PM #31 of 31
Quote:
Okay anyway just to clarify since I'm not so familiar with France.
1. Where does this 22% unemployment rate come from
2. Is the 22% mainly youth or a mixture of French people
3. Even if the law is passed what is the projected number of jobs to be available for the youth
4. What type of jobs are available for the youth anyway? And will the 2 year policy be prone to abuse? (well it will be anyway)
1. Youth Unemployment mainly.
2. Mixture of Youth
3. No idea, its meant to allow employers to be more liberal in hiring practices since their biggest impediment was the fact that its impossibly hard to fire workers.
4. Mostly governmental jobs as most of the country aspires for jobs in the public sector in which people are almost never fired. And yes, there is a possibility it would be abused, just like any policy.

But its all failed now, so in a sense, its back to the status quo.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > French Jobs Law Failure