Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

US debt limit raised to $8.96 trillion

Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:37 AM #26 of 27
Quote:
Not just China, but India too. Also factor in the world's inability to keep raising production quotas of our hydrocarbon energy sources to keep our economies growing.

Which is why I said that the global playing field is definitely going to shift by 2010 even though that's only four years away. Exciting times we live in eh?
Definately, Gulf economies are at over 5% GDP growth, China and India are booming, it's going to be very interesting to see how everything is soon after this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
lordjames
Carob Nut

Member 1690

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:31 AM #27 of 27
Bush hit the nail right on the head when he said that America's deficit problems were chiefly a result of mandatory non-defense spending growth, funds that Congress has no control over. These entitlement programs (Medicare, Social Security) take up a HUGE part of the budget, and is projected to take up an even larger part of the budget in subsequent years and decades (in terms of % of GDP and budget, since those were the figures I've seen). The best way to reduce the deficit, and to make these programs more sustainable as the population grows older, is to reform these programs (ala Bush's proposed SS reform or true Medicare reform) to trim the size of these programs and control their growth over the long-term.

Given the nature of the world today, defense cuts are out of the question. Deficits should not have to finance consumption services which yield no short or long-term benefits whatsoever, considering old people consume more goods and services than they're capable of producing, on the average (although they form a huge political bloc that votes regularly, making the AARP a powerful lobby group that would likely lobby hard against any proposed legislation that would reduce benefits even slightly, rallying huge swaths of old people against the party in power the first chance they get).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by lordjames; Mar 30, 2006 at 02:10 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > US debt limit raised to $8.96 trillion