Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Eight glasses a day? Go fuck yourself doctor.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 03:23 PM #1 of 64
Eight glasses a day? Go fuck yourself doctor.

So, how much water do you drink a day? Do you get the daily amount recommended? Do you drink any at all? Also, do you prefer any certain brands of bottled water?

I drink, depending on if I go to the gym that day or not, anywhere between 6-9 liters a day. It was part of a diet I did in 1999 and it stuck ever since.

I know most people don`t think there`s a damned difference in taste between brands, but I swear Fiji brand water tastes noticeably superior. That`s right. Sadly, here in Guatemala, Agua Pura SalvaVidas has a monopoly on the bottled water industrt, so that`s my only option beyond the home filtration system my sister has.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:27 PM #2 of 64
I don't really drink much water, maybe two cups a day at the most. The tap water here tastes very distinctly of chlorine, and it's impossible to get nice cold water from the tap...even when the sink is set all the way to cold, the water that comes out of it is cool at best. Not very nice to drink.

I do drink a lot of juice, though, so I don't think that I'm destroying my body through dehydration.

How ya doing, buddy?

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 06:34 PM #3 of 64
I drink one or two bottles a day (20-40 ounces). Not nearly as much as I should, but I just can't get around to drinking anymore on a regular basis. I can't stand Sparklets and Arrowhead water. They both taste gross. Everything else is ok, though.

Oh, and I don't like drinking tap water, because it always looks like there is stuff floating in it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:07 PM #4 of 64
I know many people who think that Fiji brand water tastes noticably better than other bottled waters, so you're not alone on that.

I always drink bottled water, since my mother's been buying distilled Arrowhead water in the big 2.5 gallon things ever since I was five years old. Now I really don't drink a lot of water (I really should, though), but the best kind I have ever tasted is Trinity Geothermal water. Seriously, I've never had water taste. Period. And this water actually tastes better when it's room temperature, which is a shocker to me because I like cold water. You should really try to find some of this and try it to know what I mean.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:17 PM #5 of 64
Oh, I'm a water fiend. I can drink as much as I would like to. Of course, I have to go piss ever so often, but I never let myself get the least bit dehydrated.

How ya doing, buddy?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:24 PM #6 of 64
(Man, fuck bottled water. All you ever taste is the bottle. And there's no reason why it should be as expensive as a similar amount of pop.)

(I'm not above drinking tap water, and I try to hit around six glasses a day.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 11:31 AM #7 of 64
No harm drinking plain water. I normally drink around 3-5 liters a day. Though I've read on a news, this person died because he drank too much water; disolved all the sodium in his body system.

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 07:35 PM #8 of 64
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
No harm drinking plain water. I normally drink around 3-5 liters a day. Though I've read on a news, this person died because he drank too much water; disolved all the sodium in his body system.
One of the main dangers of MDMA is drinking too much water. Then again, another one of the dangers is getting dehydrated.

As for me, I tend to drink as much water as possible. I constantly buy those 2.5 gallon water jugs that you can put in your fridge and they dispense the water through a spout. It makes it really convenient, and it's always nice to have something healthy be so convenient.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:53 PM #9 of 64
I guzzle tap water. Warm, cool, whatever. I just hit the faucet and fill a water bottle, then end up drinking it later when it's at room temperature anyway. As long as it's clear, grit-free, and there's no strong taste to it, straight from the pipes is the way for me.

I probably down a couple of liters per day.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:07 PM #10 of 64
I always kept a supply of the Deer Park bottles in my room, as well as a Brita pitcher in my fridge. Still, I never drank as much water as I should. Now, I probably get about the right amount, maybe more. At work, I find myself refilling my cup of water often, definitely at least eight times a day, not to mention my bottled water for my commute.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:12 PM #11 of 64
I drink about 5-6 Poland Spring 16 ounce bottles a day, due to a change in my diet.

I don't drink anything else, maybe 8 ounces of juice sometimes, though.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:20 PM #12 of 64
I don't even really drink water that often. I know I should, but usually when I'm thirsty I drink coffee and tea and pop and juice. It's probably horrible for me. My friend said that when he quit drinking all kinds of shit like that and just stuck to water, his energy level increased massively. Might be just placebo effect, but I bet keeping all that caffeine and sugar out of your body for weeks at a time probably makes your body love you.

The thing is that even when I'm not drinking water, I don't drink eight glasses of it. Drinking that much liquid in a day sounds like a chore or something to do when you've got a piss test coming up.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:53 PM #13 of 64
I used to never drink water, what I remember distinctly was my mom always screaming at me to drink more water, and then hiding it one day until I begged for water (I ended up just drinking it out of the faucet). But I went on an exercise and diet regime earlier this year and I've stuck to drinking more water since my diet demanded it. I usually just split it up. 2 cups when I wake up, 2 cups before bed and try to fit 2 cups with every meal. This usually ensures I'll get at least 8 cups throughout the day, if not more. I'm too lazy to buy water and cart it home so I just use Brita filters and tap water ona daily basis, tap water is essentially safe to drink and I got use to the Brita-ish coverup of the taste.

I really like Aquafina and Dasani bottled water, Arrowhead is the worse. Also my 6th grade teacher's husband worked at Sparkletts and she told us not to drink it since it was essentially sewage water. Too bad Sparkletts is in every office building across the world.

I was speaking idiomatically.
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 11:39 PM #14 of 64
During the day all we have at our office for free, is water. So that's pretty much all I drink all day. And I'm too cheap to by anything to drink anything that costs money during the week, cause I spend all my money on beer during the weekend. I carry around a 1L Dasani bottle with me at all time and I to drink 3 of those a day.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:20 AM #15 of 64
I've started drinking at least eight glasses a day recently. Of course, I've also started killing a case of beer every couple nights by myself, too. The former only came after the latter, more out of necessity than anything else I suppose. I'm glad though, because now I've taken to drinking water much more than just after I get drunk.

Who says drinking isn't good for you?

FELIPE NO
Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:25 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 09:25 AM #16 of 64
Yeah, I drink between 3 and 5 pints a day, I cant understand how anyone could drink anymore, and I drink nothing but water as a rule, apart from when i'm out with friends and the like. Water will flush illness and the like outta you like nobodys business and its less dangerous than soft drinks

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:59 PM #17 of 64
I don't think I'm drinking enough water everyday. About 3 glasses a day at best. The rest is soda, a redbull and orange juice.

This thread gave me a idea. I'll just replace all my usual drinks with water, for a week! I got a couple cases of Aquafina brand water in the garage so I have a good start =p.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 08:39 AM #18 of 64
I don't know if this has already been said, but that 8 glasses a day figure includes water you get from foods, drinking pop, juice, etc. It isn't just pure water. Or at least that's what I've been led to believe.

You drink 8 glasses a day, and that really isn't good for you. There are athletes who have killed themselves or at least come very close to doing so due to overhydration. Eight glasses will obviously NOT do this sort of thing, but it will kill your appetite and make you feel bloated =/.

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:03 PM #19 of 64
I drink about 4 or so. Especially if I run that day. Im not the kind to force water down my throat just to reach eight glasses or whatever the fuck.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:20 PM #20 of 64
I almost never drink water, like really the only time I drink water (by water I mean a bottle of water or tap water) is when I'm taking some headache pills...

I hate to drink water, it's just.. doesn't taste anything, it's "boring"...

I drink more juice and yeah a lot of pepsi (diet pepsi! even if some say that it give cancer XD I like the taste better then normal pepsi) it may not be good or it may doesn't change a thing, but I prefer to drink something that taste something then just water >.>

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:32 PM #21 of 64
I drink around five or six glasses a day, which is probably not enough but I've got to get my coffee in there and I can't very well sit around doing nothing but drinking all day.

We have cold, delicious well water at my house, so that's what I usually drink, but I'll be moving soon to a house within the city limits and the water will most likely be tainted with all sorts of chemicals and I'll end up having to buy the stuff. When I do buy it now (which I do only when I'm away from home) I like Evian the best. Fiji has cooler bottles, though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:47 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 01:47 AM #22 of 64
^ Don't you think Evian tastes a little bitter?

Speaking of bottled water, I only like distilled types. Mineral and carbonated types has some strange taste in them.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 10:53 AM #23 of 64
There's no need to drink a large amount of water. Most of the water you need is attained from the food you eat.

As for drinking water, I prefer a good dose of Mountain Dew. I never drink the tap water here, because it tastes like death.

FELIPE NO

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:09 PM #24 of 64
When I am working here at the office, I drink minimally five bottles of 40 fluid ounces of water. Which translated to roughly 3/5 of a gallon.

And then at home, after work over the rest of the day, about three or four bottles of the same amount.

So yea, maybe a gallon a day. I make it a psychological reward system. When I complete a task, I am allowed to drink water. After 3 or 4 tasks completed, I get a cigarette. ^_^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 12:35 PM #25 of 64
I drink two 20 oz. bottles of water at school and roughly six to nine glasses that hold about about 15 oz. when at home, so that comes to about 145 fluid ounces per day (1 gallon and a pint). I drink about half a gallon more if I work out that day. Now that I think about it, that's a lot of water. It's pretty much the only thing that I drink aside from fruit juice and some teas, though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Eight glasses a day? Go fuck yourself doctor.