Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Halo 4

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:13 AM 13 #1 of 22
Halo 4

Why the fuck else would you even care about any other game.

We out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:06 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2012, 03:06 PM 4 #2 of 22

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:17 PM #3 of 22
I'm kind of excited about the game but at the samething, I was happy with the ending of H3 so I'm just wondering where they're gonna take the story.

and I know that I'm just being a fanboy because graphically it looks awesome!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:15 AM 1 1 #4 of 22
It's time for you faggots to get ready for the return of Z.

11/06/12

Also LOL at Devo getting perma banned on NeoGAF for dating a sandnegro crackhead.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:34 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2012, 07:34 PM 2 #5 of 22
11th of June?

I don't get it.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:38 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2012, 11:38 AM #6 of 22
American style of dating. November 6.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:38 PM #7 of 22
Is that better?

FELIPE NO
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:25 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2012, 07:25 PM #8 of 22
anyone played this yet? opinions?

How ya doing, buddy?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:47 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2012, 12:47 PM #9 of 22
Maybe one day I'll bother with the XBox. As as of now: No. Would probably enjoy that series though.
Also LOL at Devo getting perma banned on NeoGAF for dating a sandnegro crackhead.
Haha what. Care to elaborate?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:45 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2012, 10:45 PM #10 of 22
I've played it. 343 didn't screw around with the formula too much. Prometheans are annoying but anything is an improvement compared to the goddamn flood. Graphics are awesome (L.A. Noire level facial animations), music:

YouTube Video

Not bad, surprisingly. I enjoyed the game.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:15 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2012, 09:15 PM #11 of 22
My copy arrived today, gonna play it once the missus goes to bed. Be online in three hours or so.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:41 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2012, 08:41 PM #12 of 22
So I played this for a good six hours last night and quite a lot again today. I'm not sure whether this should be known as Call of Halo or Halo of Duty, either way, the developers clearly played a lot of CoD.

My initial thoughts are as follows:

Getting shot no longer knocks you out of zoom. Not sure why they did this, a great feature of Halo was always that you could disrupt a sniper by spraying bullets at them, also now you can't tell if you're getting shot while you're scoped.

There are no basic weapons lying around on the map any more. You choose your loadout then are stuck with that until you kill someone with something different. Power weapons are on the map but not so many, but they are marked on your HUD so you'll never find yourself scratching your head wondering where the hell they got that Spartan Laser from.

Unless they got it from an ordanance drop. In Slayer, earning points gets you ordanance drops, a choice of three which can be weapons or powerups. I've not decided if the choice is random or whether the losing team gets better drops but you can kill people with the canisters dropping out of the sky.

Playlist-wise, there's four a side slayer, eight a side slayer, domination (Base capturing), capture the flag, king of the hill, oddball, flood (zombies), slayer pro and probably something else I forgot. There's no generic objective, no big team objective, no grifball, no multi-team (boo) and within the playlists there's no variation, so slayer is always slayer, there's no sniper matches, no rocket matches and so on.

Net-code is pretty crap, it's a bit like Halo 2 all over again with waiting ages for games to start and players dropping out all over the shop.

You have to unlock most things. Including for some retarded reason, the emblems. Had the same emblem for the last however many years and want to use it in Halo 4, better get levelling up then as you can't even add a second layer until you hit level 21. Until you have four loadout slots, the game does offer you additional choices but I'm surprised and saddened that they didn't take a leaf out of Space Marine's book and add in a feature whereby when someone kills you you can copy their loadout for your next life.

That said, you level up pretty quickly to start with. After a night and day of playing I'm at level 16 and it's no secret how crap I am at Halo.

It's fun for the time being but I fear that medium to long term it'll get boring with so limited a playlist set, for me at least as I don't really enjoy slayer games that much. Also the whole thing is hilariously set-up for raking in extra money down the line. Spartan-ops is fun enough although a poor substitute for Firefight. They've already decided the dates for map packs and I guess the episodes will continue at a steady rate.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:42 AM #13 of 22
Ive only played about 1-2 hours of he campaign so far and im liking it. So far it seems interesting. The graphic look amazing and I'm digging the ability to sprint, even if it feels kind of COD-ish. I've only gotten to use the Hardlight shield so far and I really like it. It reminds me of using the barriers in Army of Two.

im playing it on legendary and its actually really hard. H1-H3 seem like cakewalks in comparison. Im going to be on for the most part of tomorrow so if anyone wants to play, feel free to hit me up.

DJ Furby

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:54 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2012, 08:54 PM #14 of 22
I played through the whole campaign with Phong on Normal mode. It was hilariously easy but a quick way to blaze through and see what the story is. The Geth things make decent enough bad guys I guess but there aren't enough types of them to be really exciting and there was no moment in this campaign as intense as many bits of CE or as epic as a lot of ODST and Reach.

As a first effort by the new studio, it's not a bad game but one hopes they can improve a lot for Halo 5. In their efforts to make it more like CoD, they've dropped everything that was silly and fun about Halo in Reach. There's no comedy playlists like Multi-team or Griffball, there's no public multi-player campaign and why they dropped Firefight is anyone's guess, the Spartan Ops levels are no substitute at all. It's like they missed the point that although some people are all serious business about Halo, a lot of people like it because it's possible to be really silly when you play it. It's great that there's a whole playlist just for King of the Hill but why not include a general objective game playlist?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:50 AM #15 of 22
Im really surprised that they dropped firefight. I spent most of my time on firefight when I played Reach. Im hoping that they will add it on with a later patch or something like they added new playlists on H3 and Reach.

The multiplayer maps are visually stunning but I felt that the multiplayer took forever to find a match. I would sit there for 4+ minutes to find other players and there were moments where everyone on my team was experiencing massive lag. Im hoping that its just opening week issues.

I've only gotten to the 3th level and the storyline is pretty interesting. I like the new weapons and the new vehicles but I rather have the Spartan laser over the rail gun.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:26 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2012, 09:26 PM #16 of 22
I'll bet you whatever it costs that if they do add Firefight it'll be as pay-for DLC.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:05 PM 1 #17 of 22
Of course. They got to rape our wallets some more, right? I'm hoping that they do at least 1 free firefight map. They've done free maps before (Cold Storage on H3), so hopefully they won't be too greedy.

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:56 PM #18 of 22
I've heard that the crackdown on players being awful teenage bigots on voicechat has turned Halo 4 into a game where hardly anybody talks at all, can you guys with the game confirm/deny

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:41 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2012, 07:41 PM #19 of 22
This was already happening in Halo 3 and Halo Reach. 4 is only doing slightly better with people talking, but not that much.

As far as my experience goes, I finished the campaign with 3 local friends on Legendary and was quite surprised with the story. As far as the difficulty goes, I read that this would be the hardest to-date, and sure enough, the new enemies have confirmed this for me personally. I just don't think I would have the patience to solo this for that one achievement, or even go back to get the level-specific ones. Nonetheless, it was a fun experience.

I'm still getting used to the multiplayer. I've always had issues with this since Halo CE, but it's mostly just my own personal skills that hinder the overall experience. There's no point in really bitching about a weapon. You can kill with it, you can get killed with it.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:51 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2012, 10:51 PM #20 of 22
There are very few Xbox games where randoms talk over an open mic in general any more in my experience. You very rarely hear anyone talking during the match and most people are in private chat parties anyway. The only games these days you really get open mic chat in my experience is anything co-op rather than adversarial and even then, I had one guy once sending me abuse because I didn't join his party during a game of EDF so he couldn't hear me. Motherfucker could have just left his one man party and listened to me talking but noooo, better to get yourself killed then blame the other guy for not joining your party.

I don't think I've ever finished a Halo game on Legendary. I'm not that good at the game and I don't have the patience for Legendary, I just don't find it fun playing like that. Give me easier to kill badguys and a horde of team kills any day of the week...

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:39 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2012, 10:39 AM #21 of 22
Anyone getting issues where it says it can't connect to the Halo 4 servers? I've done some reading and it sounds like it might be some issue with the main hoppers failing to cope with demand and just shoving people off onto a backup system. Problem is nothing works quite right (stuff like layouts got reset/lost, Spartan Ops is completely unavailable, etc), I assume stats won't track properly, and generally it's pretty shit being selected to be shoved off onto some backup system.

Since this has been the case for almost a full day now I've got to say I'm not particularly impressed.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:16 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2012, 08:16 PM #22 of 22
Yeah, I've had that issue a few times. That and the game telling me I've lost my connection to Xbox Live, even though I patently haven't and can see my friends online and so forth. Only way I've found to fix that is to reset my Xbox.

I went on to the new Halo website earlier and it's pretty crappy. The stat tracking is about four days out of date for some things but bang up to date for others and there's little or no actual useful information on there as in you click on gametypes and it gives you a brief description but no details or it'll show you a picture of different armour types but no info on how to unlock them. I can understand a desire to distance themselves from Bungie.net but did that really have to involve getting rid of most of the useful stuff?

Halo 4 reminds me of Halo 2 for a lot of reasons. I'm getting more plasma grenade kills than anything else, the assault rifle is next to useless, the story has a lot of plot holes and ends a bit suddenly and you wait ages to get into a game then it randomly boots you or others out and you play 5 versus 2 for a few minutes.

It looks like they might be about to add some less serious business stuff in though at last. There's an announcement on the website of a Griffball league, which in itself is taking something silly and fun and trying to make it serious business but at least they're getting there. I get the impression that 343 Studios is staffed by a bunch of people who take their gaming very seriously and don't like people who muck about and try to just have fun rather than winning. They also think every game should be slayer. Why else would I finish a King of the Hill match having scored all but 15 seconds of our team's winning score and only come third to two guys who were playing it like Slayer, racked up lots of kills but never went anywhere near the hill?

How ya doing, buddy?

Tags
betrayal, call of halo, fuck gamingforce, phong cant drive

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Halo 4