Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your favorite Dynasty Warriors song?

Gameguardian
Sci-fi novel in progress

Member 2626

Level 32.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:31 AM #1 of 16
Your favorite Dynasty Warriors song?

Hey, in conjunction with my thread over at the audio requests I just want to ask everyone here what their favorite Dynasty Warriors song might be.

I think my favorite is STRUGGLE FOR EXISTENCE from Dynasty Warriors 4, it is so complete somehow. First the somewhat slow beginning, then the escalation and then the flutes and the drums, it's crazy good!

Hope to hear from ya =)

Double Post:
This thread is of course mostly for those who have played DW but also for you others.

Most amazing jew boots
"We Must Appreciate What This World Allows Us To Have"

Last edited by Gameguardian; Jun 30, 2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:00 PM #2 of 16
Chase the wave - DW 2. It's not too complex but rather strong and forceful. There are several songs that I can't stand still listening to it, Chase the wave is one of them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:12 PM #3 of 16
DW4 - Eve

Though DW4 was by far my least favorite game in the series, this song was just head and shoulders above the typical DW tracks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:23 PM #4 of 16
I absolutely LOVE the music from the Dynasty Warriors series. So much so that I purchased the Shin Sangokumusou Original Sound Track Ultimate Box when it came out back in March. My favorite tracks right now would probably be "STRAIGHT AHEAD" from Shin Sangokumusou 3 (Dynasty Warriors 4) and "THE MEN OF INTELLIGENCE" from Shin Sangokumusou 2 (Dynasty Warriors 3).

Oddly enough, MASA is my favorite of the Dynasty Warriors composers but those two tracks were done by Kenji Nakajo. Go figure.

All the "THEME OF LU BU" tracks are great too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by bishop743; Jun 30, 2006 at 02:25 PM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 11:29 AM #5 of 16
I think "Yellow Storm" is still my favorite. DW2 or DW3 version; that doesn't matter. I like the melody and constant use of guitar and synth. Maybe I just like it so much because I've heard it a lot, but I find it to be the most memorable track in the entire series.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 10:31 AM #6 of 16
Probably City of Flowers for me

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 03:17 PM #7 of 16
I've only heard DW4's soundtrack, but I've been meaning to pick up the others for quite a while (laziness ) because it's really quite good.

My favorite is definitely In Full Bloom. I love the slow, steady builds that lead into the two great solos. I can see how the major repetition could bore the heck out of people, though.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Gameguardian
Sci-fi novel in progress

Member 2626

Level 32.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:20 AM #8 of 16
Great, some replies, and as you, I really like Dynasty Warriors music, compared to regular game music they stand out somehow. I said that STRUGGLE FOR EXISTENCE was my favourite, but I have some others, and I think SUPERIOR from DW 3 is one of them; strong, pumping beats with much feeling!

Another one is WALL OF FATE from I think DW 4. That lovely sound is also great!

How ya doing, buddy?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:15 AM #9 of 16
Three choices immediately come to mind:

In Flames Ver. 2 (DW3)-Incredible intensity, great melody, great repeating riffs. Just love it from start to finish.

Struggle for Existence-Love the development of this track. Five minutes or so of pure rock bliss.

But if I had to pick a #1:

All versions of "Theme of Lu Bu"-Probably the most distinct melody of the series and just commands attention whenever it comes on.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Happy Cow
Zansaian

Member 4323

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 01:43 PM #10 of 16
Originally Posted by CHz
I've only heard DW4's soundtrack, but I've been meaning to pick up the others for quite a while (laziness ) because it's really quite good.
Same here, great soundtrack though.

Originally Posted by Shaolin Samurai
DW4 - Eve

Though DW4 was by far my least favorite game in the series, this song was just head and shoulders above the typical DW tracks.
Least favorite by far? The others must be REALLY good, because I loved and still love DW4. What makes the others better?

With regards to the soundtrack, there are so many good songs to pick from, but I guess I'll go with 'Look Back on Your Way'. It's just too awesome, too bad it's only a minute and so long. Perfect choice for an ending theme.

'The Verge of Despair', 'Wall of Fate', 'Eve', and 'Here We Go' are great as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:39 PM #11 of 16
I found that DW4 was plagued with glaring fundamental gameplay problems.

First and foremost, the HP of enemy peons is increased greatly over DW2/3/5. They also do less damage to you. This slows the game down TREMENDOUSLY, and makes battles much more tedious. DW3 and 5 are fast and furious, where you quickly slaughter through enemy ranks but you can also quickly get killed yourself. For me the slower, less exciting pace of DW4was a major turnoff.

Additionally, DW4 has that ridiculous auto-targeting "feature." Good god, is that ever annoying and completely unnecessary. It makes targeting an officer surrounded by scores of peons much more difficult and tedious than it needs to be. Screw strategically picking targets, just swing aimlessly and hope you hit something! Play DW5 after playing 4 and you will wonder how you ever lived with it.

I also hated the weapon level up system, though I know some people actually preferred it. I think being able to find weapons with random stats more exciting than tediously and gradually leveling them up with no possible deviations.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Happy Cow
Zansaian

Member 4323

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:58 PM #12 of 16
Wow, thanks for the reply. I agree about the auto-targeting 'feature', it's pretty useless, but then I thought it was only for killing archers at a distance. Or is that something else?

I thought the weapon level-up system was alright, though. Maybe cause I haven't tried anything else?

Also, sorry for going off topic. I'll have to check out the other DW games sometime, DW5 in particular.

To return to the topic at hand, I gave DW5's soundtrack a whirl, and 'Ancient Heroes' caught my ear; such a fun song.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mana Dragon
I'm Back, Where's My Steak?

Member 96

Level 11.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 02:55 AM #13 of 16
Hehe, don't get me started on listing favorites, I could write quite a list. But there are some that I will mention.

DW4 - Avenging Battle - You will see this song in this years best song contest, and I feel any true fan of the series will agree that this is a pretty cool track. Nice development and snare rolls, and a killer solo at the end, this is a pure awesome track. Love the melody too.

DW4 - Theme of Lu Bu - Well, I chose this version mainly because I felt it was the best developed of the Lu Bu tracks, a neat melody, Some Good ROCK'N solos, not much to say but awesome.

DW3 - Sacred Ground Ver 2 - This is a bit different from most DW tracks, it has more electronic influences, but a very strong melody to carry it, I loved playing the Wu Zhang Plains Level with Shu because of this track.

DW5 - Dual NRG - This has an awesome guitar part in here, and I love the intro to the track, very cool, not much else to say.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DR.Mario
Banned

Member 9744

Level 3.41

Jul 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:53 AM #14 of 16
i like all the tracks cant be bothered listing them all

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gameguardian
Sci-fi novel in progress

Member 2626

Level 32.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:14 PM #15 of 16
That's no need, it's just great to see that so many enjoy Dynasty Warriors music, because it rocks =)

FELIPE NO
Omega Weapon
Junya Nakano, et al.

Member 6747

Level 5.97

May 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 04:57 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2007, 03:57 PM #16 of 16
Dynasty Warriors 2 - Track 27 - It has all the right arrangement of compositional techniques with a great hard rock melody that has a theme that is just as deep as Digital Devil Saga 2 - 4 - 17. It can be listened to non-stop in a looping session just to see how complex the melody and harmonies are.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Trap Gunner - Lou Richie vs. John Bishous should be every gamer and game designer's moto.

It's either that, or get swallowed in the abyss of being a one-beater vs. multi-beat composing.

Never question a true composer's work unless you can come up with a better permutation of composition.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Your favorite Dynasty Warriors song?