Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Culdcept Saga announced.

gevarn12
Wark!

Member 316

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:28 AM #1 of 19
Culdcept Saga announced.

The newest chapter in the Culdcept series has been announced for the Xbox 360. There is a music sample on the website.

http://www.culdcept.com/saga/20060406/index.html

Kenji Ito composed the music for the second game, and the sample definitely sounds like his style.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:58 AM #2 of 19
Culcept II had a very good soundtrack. The first Culdcept wasn't too bad either. So, hearing about this is very good. The song that plays on the website does sound like Ito. If an album is released, I'll be picking it up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:05 PM #3 of 19
The soundtrack for Culdcept II was quite good, I agree. However, a large annoyance was that each track was composed of several smaller movements strung together in an attempt to form a cohesive whole. It didn't always work. For example, I absolutely love the first 2:30 of "Bomber Princess" but instead of beginning a new track, it continues into a second movement that is thoroughly unlike the first and feels out of place.
I would rather have had to sort through 90 smaller, yet independent, tracks than 30 lumped-together pieces.

I sincerely hope that they steer away from this in Culdcept Saga.

How ya doing, buddy?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:02 AM #4 of 19
Culdcept II is mediocre soundtrack imo. But I love how kenji ito wrote mediaval music, though I feel he's more suited to write techno music with crazy bass and drum beat around (his compositions for each of Saga's battle themes are almost similar). Let's expect he will use better sound sampling in this one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Apr 6, 2006 at 01:05 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:39 PM #5 of 19
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
The soundtrack for Culdcept II was quite good, I agree. However, a large annoyance was that each track was composed of several smaller movements strung together in an attempt to form a cohesive whole. It didn't always work. For example, I absolutely love the first 2:30 of "Bomber Princess" but instead of beginning a new track, it continues into a second movement that is thoroughly unlike the first and feels out of place.
I would rather have had to sort through 90 smaller, yet independent, tracks than 30 lumped-together pieces.

I sincerely hope that they steer away from this in Culdcept Saga.
I completey agree with that sentiment. While it was a great album, a lot of pieces that were meshed didn't fit well together. I would have also preferred if they had separated the tracks instead. I hope they don't do it with this game either.... unless they are going to concentratee more on making the songs flow more fluidly.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 11:51 PM #6 of 19
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2430_1_en.html

hmmm...Square supporting 360.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:55 PM #7 of 19
Originally Posted by Sexninja
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2430_1_en.html

hmmm...Square supporting 360.
errr... Square announced way back at E3 last year that they'd be releasing FFXI on the 360. So, them supporting it is very old news.

But what does that have to do with Culdcept? :P

FELIPE NO
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:36 PM #8 of 19
Culdcept II wasn't bad, but pretty much average Ito. A little bland and totally unremarkable musically, but it fits. I'll be disappointed if he scored the third Culdcept game, particularly as we're having Ito overload right now (Children of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 4). The sample isn't too good either...

I really liked Culdcept's soundtrack, though. Lovely and rich, stylistically diverse, and masterminded by two actually really competent composers: Yuzo Koshiro and Takeshi Yanagawa (one of Koshiro's major collaborators in the past).

I've never heard Kenji Ito compose medieval music. What's all this about? >_> Wrong term, perhaps? Bah... Whatever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Mr. X; Apr 6, 2006 at 02:48 PM.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:28 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 09:28 AM #9 of 19
For me culdcept is game with mediaval theme, so I assume he wrote the music in mediaval style. Perhaps I'm wrong?

You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 04:47 AM #10 of 19
Medieval music.

To my knowledge, no game soundtrack has ever featured styles that truly emulate medieval music. I think you've mistaken fairly traditional quasi-orchestral music to be medieval emulations or used the term simply really loosely.

Last edited by Mr. X; Apr 7, 2006 at 04:50 AM.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 05:29 PM #11 of 19
Let's see... how about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Wizardry Series, Saga Frontier, do their music count as mediaval?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:38 AM #12 of 19
Crystal Chronicles is the closest, but no -- none of them are technically medieval. Read the article.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:03 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 05:03 PM #13 of 19
Bishop:They really "are" supporting by giving exclusive titles,unlike previous Xbox which got support of just name not of game ,by companies like Capcom.

I was speaking idiomatically.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:31 AM #14 of 19
Originally Posted by Sexninja
Bishop:They really "are" supporting by giving exclusive titles,unlike previous Xbox which got support of just name not of game ,by companies like Capcom.
Yeah, I realize that. But, I was asking what any of that had to do with Culdcept Saga or it's music?

As far as medieval music, I agree with Mr. Maul. Crystal Chronicles would be the closest to fitting that vein but there really isn't any game music that truly typifies the medieval type of music.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 10:25 AM #15 of 19
Wow, that are great news! I liked the soundtrack for Culdcept II a lot, and I didn't expect a new part in the series after all the time, so I'm glad that Ito returned to it. The Sample sounds great so far, imho.

FELIPE NO
KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 07:43 PM #16 of 19
Speaking of Ito, he did the music in Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana. It's pretty good, too, though ity doesnt sound all that much like him. Is there an OST coming out for it?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:38 PM #17 of 19
Just an update: The latest Famitsu magazine says that Ito is indeed doing the music and there will reportedly be twice as much as in the first game.

Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:44 PM #18 of 19
Originally Posted by KyleDunamis
Speaking of Ito, he did the music in Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana. It's pretty good, too, though ity doesnt sound all that much like him. Is there an OST coming out for it?
Takayuki Aihara (Studio Carnaval) and Masaharu Iwata (Basiscape) also worked with him. Could you tell us a bit about the music that didn't sound like Ito? I'm very curious what styles Aihara and Iwata will adopt, given their versatility.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 07:57 AM #19 of 19
Originally Posted by eriol
Let's see... how about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Wizardry Series, Saga Frontier, do their music count as mediaval?
Saga Frontier's Back Streets of Koorong is really medieval.

And so is Culdcept II OST by the way. Nothing even close. Still Itoo's best soundtrack thus far, anyway. The conjoined tracks is a wonderful idea and gives the soundtrack a cohesive feel to it.

I didn't get to hear any samples from the web site, since it says stuff will be revealed tomorrow, so I can't say if this sequel is by Kenji Itoo or not.

EDIT:

So Famitsu (that game that lotteries games it gives full points to) revealed Itoo's the musical head here? Awesome. Might be picking up the soundtrack, if one is published, as you never know with Xbox games.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Put Balls; Apr 13, 2006 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Reading the whole thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Culdcept Saga announced.