Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your input is needed: what would you do if you were:

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:59 PM #1 of 44
Your input is needed: what would you do if you were:

- 20 years old, single, fit, smart
- unattached, free, from all and any commitments
- with $6k in the bank, ready to be spent at your heart's desire.

Have at it. Nothing is off the table.
Let's just not have any stupid suggestions like "go for a vacation" or "las vegas baby". Your input will influence my next 12 months.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:14 AM 1 #2 of 44
Road trip. Seriously. See the country while you're young enough to have few attachments elsewhere, and fit enough to survive. Put that money into a Visa debit card and drive off to wherever the road leads. It'll be a few weeks you'll cherish for the rest of your life and you might gain some insights into numerous aspects of the world in the process.

Also, visit at least one grimy truck stop and say "Large Marge sent me." They might get a kick out of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:30 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 11:30 PM #3 of 44
6K? Easy, easy, easy. Holland. And yes, Amsterdam has hookers and weed. Which are both great, but the country is just fantastic. Great museums, good pubs, great beer, hot women.

The last thing Americans need to see is more of America. Get off your continent. Experience some real culture.

Hell, do Southern Italy. Hit some islands. Same thing in France. Or, if you feel like somewhere a little more not-Europe, I can't recommend New Zealand enough. It's like Australia but with less things that try and kill you by poison.

Were it me? I'd go back to the Polynesian Islands. I'd disappear on a beach somewhere with a nice beer and languish for three months. You can do the same thing in Hawaii, but there's more meth and more touristy crap.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:44 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 06:44 AM #4 of 44
I'm boring like that, but I also happen to have that kind of money in the bank, and I'm saving it up, adding to the fund whenever I have unused bits of income. With those little additions as well as interests, it has built up rather nicely over the years.

I'm not spending it right away because I'm far from being "settled" in life. I still depend on my parents quite a bit, and I'm far from being done with my studies (that's a bit depressing at 23, but such is the path I've chosen). I have plans for studying abroad, which could be somewhat expensive, and eventually I'm going to be looking for a place to settle down for good, the furniture I'm lacking, a car, a piano... I know I'll be glad to have the money at my disposal then.

By this I don't mean to say that Crash and Deni's suggestions are bad. Neither of these would be a waste of money. I just like to play safe.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:03 AM #5 of 44
Crash, that version of "Americanism" sickens me. It disgusts me. I don't care for travelling.

Denicalis, you're a pretentious faggot and you're talking out of your ass. Europe isn't what's made out to be. I used to live there. Too many wars.

Face, you're boring. What the fuck are you going to do? Die with $6k in your bank account? To what end? Pfft.

My only fear is that Frank will find this and give me some pretentious cut between Crash and Deni. I'd cry.

All bets are off. I am going to get some crystal meth and when I get off it steal a shotgun and see how many people I can kill.
Or at least goto Africa and read some books. I figure I could do it here too but it'd be cheaper to do it there and I read slow so I'll need rent for a long time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by neus; Apr 29, 2008 at 02:05 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:09 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 01:09 AM #6 of 44
Crash, that version of "Americanism" sickens me. It disgusts me. I don't care for travelling.

Denicalis, you're a pretentious faggot and you're talking out of your ass. Europe isn't what's made out to be. I used to live there. Too many wars.

Face, you're boring. What the fuck are you going to do? Die with $6k in your bank account? To what end? Pfft.

My only fear is that Frank will find this and give me some pretentious cut between Crash and Deni. I'd cry.
I'd point out that that's why I offered two places that aren't Europe. But I see you've reverted to emo faggot mode and are out to get yourself banned. So good luck with that champ. Remember, down the street, not across the tracks. Grow up or off yourself, but try something other than bitching for a change.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:13 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 03:13 PM 3 #7 of 44
Quote:
unattached, free, from all and any commitments
If I ever got into this sort of situation, I'd just kill myself.

I can't ever imagine a point in my life without commitments, or even worse, asking a video gaming forum for ideas.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Bigblah; Apr 29, 2008 at 02:17 AM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:17 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 12:17 AM #8 of 44
I'd probably squander that money on something trivial, leaving whatever is left to settle into some investment account. I don't think 6k is really enough to do anything with, given that I'm hardly that imaginative or clever. I'm fit and pretty much free of obligations at the moment, and I don't know what to do with $36,000 dollars other than wait for Fall/Spring Semester at the moment. I've traveled, I've suffered in the heat with others, I've done some meaningful things, I've done some awful things.

I demand a new scenario, seriously.

More importantly, neus, what is with this whole lashing out thing you're on? I saw you in some dude's chocojournal doing something similar and I can't quite figure out your intent. Dare I ask... u ? Don't be mad. Be glad.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:20 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 01:20 AM #9 of 44
$6000 will probably take you about halfway across the nation if you're looking for some amount of comfort, but if hoofing it is your best bet, the entire continent of North America is yours!

Though, seriously, why not set a few more guidelines if you really want us to give you an idea that you'd even remotely consider?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:28 AM 5 #10 of 44
Fine. Here's another suggestion:

Purchase $6,000 worth of cocaine and gunpowder, then snort neverending lines of that shit through a hollow-point shell until your cerebellum collapses upon itself like a Baghdad souffle. As your brainpan juices dribble out your ears and down your neck, try your very best to think about how fucking majestic the plateaus of New Mexico look at 6AM, and how you'd rather be there than in your mom's basement, watching your increasingly fading sense of self-awareness stain your Fallout Boy t-shirt.

How's that for a fucking suggestion?

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:54 AM 1 #11 of 44
If I ever got into this sort of situation, I'd just kill myself.
So, you need commitments to define who you are?
Awesome. Don't want your advice anyways.

Crash -- awesome suggestion. Getting on that drugs and guns business pronto.

Honestly, there's got to be something more imaginative out there. I guess what I'm not content with is the ... lack of grandeur. I mean, I can do anything and you people suggest traveling? It doesn't have to be a leisure activity -- anything will do. GOing to Europe will make me sick if I've nothing productive or fun to do.
I guess I should have typed that in the op.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by neus; Apr 29, 2008 at 02:57 AM.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:00 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 04:00 PM 3 #12 of 44
You don't want anyone's advice, you sack of shit. Again, this is a video game forum populated by nerds that you hate. Shut up and retreat back to your journal.

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:13 AM 2 #13 of 44
Maybe I just don't feel like listening to the advice of 24 year olds obsessed with Asian cartoons?

Shut up and go masturbate at some drawn 13 year old Japanese schoolgirls.

Last edited by neus; Apr 29, 2008 at 03:19 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:15 AM 1 #14 of 44
Neus you can't do anything. A lot of the really fun stuff costs in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. 6k isn't really a lot. It certainly won't support you in any kind of lifestyle for 12 months. You aren't free, man. You're poor. =(

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:52 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 04:52 PM #15 of 44
good pubs, great beer
You have got to be kidding me, these things just don't exist in Amsterdam, let alone in the rest of the Netherlands (aside from Maastricht, best city EVER).

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:55 AM #16 of 44
Neus, based on the parameters you gave us (free of commitment and all that shit), travel is the first thing we all think of. And it's the best way to spend it if you ask me. But clearly, you don't want real advice, you want the fake kind.

Face said to put it in the bank. If you're not looking to travel, that's what I would do. If I wanted to squander it, I'd play the market. That may be kind of exciting for you, since you don't even need to leave your home for it.

Proceed to bitch at me for answering the thread.

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:33 AM #17 of 44
Travel, stocks, savings -- I'm just surprised and disappointed I can do so little.

You have free will but you ain't got no choice. The whole thing is a mess, downright and through.

I think my problem is in a lack of imagination.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:37 AM #18 of 44
Travel, stocks, savings -- I'm just surprised and disappointed I can do so little.

You have free will but you ain't got no choice. The whole thing is a mess, downright and through.

I think my problem is in a lack of imagination.
What exactly do you WANT to do? You would be wise to set aside your money for when you actually need it instead of squandering it in haste. Maybe if you split it in half and spent half now, half later?

I mean, what do you want? Most of us would probably go right out and see something new in travel, but you don't want to do that and get frustrated when someone suggests it.

This isn't something we can mold for you. You have to determine what you want. What's great for you.

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:47 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 09:47 AM #19 of 44
The advice neus actually wanted to hear:

Buy $2000 worth of thick rimmed glasses and argyle sweaters, then buy $4000 worth of cigarettes and just stand around downtown by yourself. You'll be real cool.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:08 AM #20 of 44
The advice neus actually wanted to hear:

Buy $2000 worth of thick rimmed glasses and argyle sweaters, then buy $4000 worth of cigarettes and just stand around downtown by yourself. You'll be real cool.
But that doesn't leave enough money for the following accessories:

- Girl's jeans
- Black hair dye
- Eyeliner
- Lipstick
- Nail polish
- Wine spritzers
- A gun with one active round

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:11 AM #21 of 44
God damn it, he totally called it.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:58 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2008, 10:58 AM #22 of 44
Move to a city that interests you. Get a place to live. Get a job. Continue living in the city until it no longer interests you. Then move.

Or, you know, enroll in a decent school and put it towards tuition.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:02 PM #23 of 44
Use that money to purchase a Kayak, stick it in a river, and ride that bitch as far north as you can go. Don't come back.

FELIPE NO
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:03 PM 1 #24 of 44
Clearly, there are others more deserving of your money.

TAKE ACTION AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW!

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:27 PM #25 of 44
What exactly do you WANT to do? You would be wise to set aside your money for when you actually need it instead of squandering it in haste. Maybe if you split it in half and spent half now, half later?

I mean, what do you want? Most of us would probably go right out and see something new in travel, but you don't want to do that and get frustrated when someone suggests it.

This isn't something we can mold for you. You have to determine what you want. What's great for you.
Hey, this is about the point you stop taking me seriously and have some fun at my expense: I haven't got a clue what I want.

Yep, that's about as stupid and childish as it sounds: right now I'm confused and without any strong motivation. Beyond food and sleep, I am really very uninterested with much.

Edit: russ -- thanks. Rat -- er. knk, sprout -- made me smile.

Last edited by neus; Apr 29, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Your input is needed: what would you do if you were: