Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Killzone Liberation (now with online multiplayer!)

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 06:28 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 01:28 AM #1 of 8
Killzone Liberation (now with online multiplayer!)

Two new patches have just been released for Killzone Liberation. One of the best PSP games is bound to get even more intense!

The first patch (weighs in at approx. 8 MB) finally enables the long awaited online multiplayer mode via wireless infrastructure. It features head to head, team play and capture the flag with friends list and stats tracking as well as support for communication via headset.

The second patch (requires 66 MB on your Memory Stick) adds Chapter 5 to the singleplayer portion, telling the story on what happened to Sergeant Rico. The new chapter features a new vehicle (buggy) and another challenging boss fight.

Needless to say, this is awesome. Also, it's free! What are you waiting for?

You can grab both patches by selecting "Download" from the PSP game.

P.S.: Works with Killzone Liberation ISO loaded from Memory Stick on custom firmware 3.40 OE-A!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Rock; May 30, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 06:50 PM #2 of 8
Saw this mentioned on another board, this really came out of nowhere. Just started playing the game a few days ago, thought it was OK but that it could've benefited from an online mode, and lo-and-behold, now a patch is out for it which allows for that.

Really nice upgrade, I'm glad they decided to release this for free.

Edit: Wow, people are already swarming over the multiplayer for this, there's almost 2 dozen games available and they're totally packed, almost all have 8/8 players in them.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Solis; May 30, 2007 at 06:56 PM.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 07:01 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 02:01 AM #3 of 8
I've just played a few games and online multiplayer is actually tons of fun. Things are getting hectic at times, but there's nothing stopping you from grabbing a sniper rifle and camp for a break. Rock-solid top down action with real people. I'm totally amazed at how well this turned out. There's even a global leaderboard! I'm currently #744, but probably not for long ... :-(

Can't wait to add some of you guys to my friends list. My nickname is "VicViper", for the record. If there's enough interest, I'll be trying to keep the first post updated with a list of player names on GFF.

I haven't touched singleplayer in ages, so I'm still a bit out of the loop, but I'm sure this (and the newly added chapter) will keep me busy for a while. Now if they only enabled campaign coop mode for online play ...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Rock; May 30, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 07:28 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 07:28 PM #4 of 8
Holy wow. This is awesome. I've yet to play online with my PSP. Do you have to create your own nickname for this game? Or is it the same as your PSN username for PS3 owners?

I'll fire this game up and get the patches when I grab my PSP from my apartment at school.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 02:58 AM #5 of 8
The game uses proprietary accounts.

Here's a download link for the patch:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...h_PSP.zip.html (~76 MB)

Extract the folder in the ZIP archive to \PSP\GAME\ on your Memory Stick. Downloading the entire package to your PSP via wireless can take quite a while, so this should make things easier.

Most amazing jew boots
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:46 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 06:46 AM #6 of 8
You can even use those crazy ISO for this game right?

If so, i'll join =D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:26 PM #7 of 8
I'm pretty sure that you could use a .iso. I don't think that the PSP has verification checking like a X360 or something. Worse comes to worse, if it doesn't work you have nothing to lose so might as well try rather then missing out on the experiance.

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:51 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 10:51 AM #8 of 8
I already stated that you can use ISOs in the opening post. Another advantage of using custom firmware is the ability to clock your PSP at 333 MHz for the game as it reduces a lot of the stutter that can be unbearable at times and on certain maps.

I really love how Killzone Liberation is so refreshingly different from any other online game. Playing multiplayer (especially the team modes) is tons of fun, so if you have a PSP, there's no excuse to pass on this. I can definitely see myself playing this regularly for a long time coming. I'm on the verge of acquiring two gold stars and currently ranked #200 of the worldwide leaderboard.

Now if only some more of you lazy bums would hop on and share your nicknames ...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Killzone Liberation (now with online multiplayer!)