Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ask An Obscure Question.

Jeff135
Chocobo

Member 1496

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:40 PM #51 of 102
This question is very difficult for me to word, but I'll try my best.

What if there was more to reality if we know it? What if there was no universe, no matter, no objects, no atoms, no life, nothing? What would there be?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:50 PM #52 of 102
How about nothing?

Shit man... Questions don't get more obscure than that. Good job.

Most amazing jew boots
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:59 AM #53 of 102
What do bald people use on their heads? Shampoo? Soap?

I know, I could probably go and ask some bald guy, but I don't know any. At all.

No offense.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:27 AM #54 of 102
Ok I think I'm just lacking common sense or something here but: "How come people don't use umbrellas to protect themselves from the snow?"

A more sensible question: "How come people don't use umbrellas to shade themselves from the sun when it is really hot?" (Asians like my mom like to do it and they get strange looks and whispers)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Von
Tchaimscriabalustmaninoff

Member 1508

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:30 PM #55 of 102
Quote:
"How come people don't use umbrellas to protect themselves from the snow?"
Funny, but I think it's because people enjoy playing in the falling snow more than in the painful rain. For the sun there are feminine parasols. Only in Britain , apparently.

Quote:
What if there was more to reality if we know it? What if there was no universe, no matter, no objects, no atoms, no life, nothing? What would there be?
String Theory man, basic Quantums. Look it up.

FELIPE NO
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:35 PM #56 of 102
Originally Posted by Jeff135
This question is very difficult for me to word, but I'll try my best.

Its really hard to answer that question as the thought pattern to produce such a answer cannot exist before the creation of said universe. Beyond your scope of reasoning is one way to put it.

You know, thinking about things like that could drive you mad.

On the subject of nothing, I have one question.
I remember when I was young than I always wondered if there was something smaller than "air." Of course I found that to be a type of molecule that are made up of two or more atoms. Of course I find out a atom is made of smaller particles called electrons, neutrons, and proton. Then it caused me to beg the question, "what's small than that?" Most of my teacher's couldn't answer this at the time so by the time the internet was finally available I came to find that there are particals called quarks that make up electrons, neutrons, and protons. At least that's the current theory. Now my question, what the heck are quarks made out of? And how far down does this go? Forever?

Well I kinda know this but not in great detail. I'm no expert in this area rather I just want to know everyone's answer(s) to this.

edit: well von just mentioned what is probably part of the answer, anyone care to elaborate?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:44 AM #57 of 102
String theory is basically the theory that the most elemental subatomic particles are nothing but "strings" of one-dimensional space that have a certain "frequency" that gives each of them their unique properties as quarks, leptons, etc. They curl up on themselves as well, giving them integer frequencies.
So in other words, all things are nothing but different combinations of different spaces that have unique properties.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:46 AM #58 of 102
Is it possible to crossbred cats and dogs?

I ask only because Sarah told me tonight that her vet told her that her cat which she took in after being a stray was screwed by a small dog, and that the "kittens" she was impregnated with were actually dog/cat crossbreeds. He said he could either save the mother, or save the kittens. The cat could not pass the large "puppins," so he had to save one or the other. She chose the mother. I am trying to google it here, and I can not come up with anything.

Seemed scientifically impossible, since they're not the same species.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:55 PM #59 of 102
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude

I know, I could probably go and ask some bald guy, but I don't know any. At all.

No offense.
My friend said that his dad still used shampoo despite the fact that he was almost completely bald.

I found the thought quite amusing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:55 AM #60 of 102
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Is it possible to crossbred cats and dogs?

I ask only because Sarah told me tonight that her vet told her that her cat which she took in after being a stray was screwed by a small dog, and that the "kittens" she was impregnated with were actually dog/cat crossbreeds. He said he could either save the mother, or save the kittens. The cat could not pass the large "puppins," so he had to save one or the other. She chose the mother. I am trying to google it here, and I can not come up with anything.

Seemed scientifically impossible, since they're not the same species.
You are right, that is impossible by every law of existing genetics that we know of.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude

No offense.
If it is a fully bald man, who has no remnant of hair on his head, then I think they usually use just soap. (that's what I am going to do when I get to that stage). For men who are partially bald, as in they have one of those terrible rings at the sides and back of their head, then they usually use shampoo for what remains, and soap for the empty portions.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Fjordor; Mar 5, 2006 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jeff135
Chocobo

Member 1496

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:00 AM #61 of 102
Originally Posted by Von

String Theory man, basic Quantums. Look it up.
Let me rephrase that. There is nothing. At. All. Nothing. No particles at all. No universe, no time, no space. Absolutely nothing.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:03 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:03 AM #62 of 102
OK... I have a serious question. My boss keeps a book of matches in the building's restroom at work and he insists that lighting one after you drop your load completely removes the smell from the latrine... Am I the only one who thinks he's batshit insane?

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:22 AM #63 of 102
Male humans are born with nipples, apparently because up until a certain point in growth they are essentialy women.

Why's this apply to male humans? How come I don't see other male mammals with nipples (or udders, I guess.)

Also, human women have a menstrual cycle, but do other mammals? Why or why not?

FELIPE NO
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:36 PM #64 of 102
Originally Posted by Encephalon
OK... I have a serious question. My boss keeps a book of matches in the building's restroom at work and he insists that lighting one after you drop your load completely removes the smell from the latrine... Am I the only one who thinks he's batshit insane?
Nope, I guess the idea came from the fact that the smell (methane) is flammable. Lighting a match in a bathroom that is faintly present with methane will only ignite a small amount of it (or none at all.) You would need to have a flamethrower to actually make the theory work but you'll end up blowing up the bathroom along with it. Maybe you should tell your boss to invest in some strong air fresheners.

Von
Tchaimscriabalustmaninoff

Member 1508

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:58 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:58 AM #65 of 102
Quote:
Let me rephrase that. There is nothing. At. All. Nothing. No particles at all. No universe, no time, no space. Absolutely nothing.
It would be fun to think about that for a while, heh. Like Kairyu said, it's beyond our wildest imagination - we can't think of absolute nothing, because the idea cannot be concieved as reality.

If we think about nothing, nothing manifests into something. Our picture of nothing is Black. Or White. But since we know white and black are objects of reality, we are faced with something.

It's sort of like that question of asking a blind person what he or she sees. He can't comprehend 'seeing' anything.
(But (really) did anyone ask a previously seeing person what he or she sees after going blind?)

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:59 AM #66 of 102
Originally Posted by Encephalon
I will actually have to say that your boss is not batshit.
This is actually standard procedure here at my house. Someone drops a load, so they do a favor and light a match.
Although you ARE burning just a small amount of methane, the additional factor of the smell of a burning match helps to mask the stench as well.

*sniff sniff*
Which reminds me... someone forgot to light a match. ;_;

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Legato
Male humans are born with nipples, apparently because up until a certain point in growth they are essentialy women.
Interestingly enough, there have been many cases of natural male lactation.

I just thought I would toss that out for those who think they are useless. :-P

Last edited by Fjordor; Mar 5, 2006 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Piano
Good Chocobo

Member 1071

Level 15.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:12 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:12 PM #67 of 102
Why do we grow pubic hair? Surely it would be more beneficial to men not to have pubic hair so that the testes are at optimum temp?

SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:37 AM #68 of 102
I'm pretty sure evolution left it alone because it somehow fends off disease. However, I might be completely off.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:55 AM #69 of 102
Quote:
Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Michael Lane, and I am here today to be your school treasurer. Now, most of you are expecting some long boring speech, for a long boring job, right? Well I'm here to tell you that's wrong. I am here to day to make you three promises today if you elect me school treasurer ladies and gentlemen. I promise I'll do my job, and do it well. I promise I won't embezzle school money, I won’t support the Russian mafia, and I won’t build a robotic army of doom. And let me tell you people, (you point towards your competition while you say this) these people here, they can't make these promises. Thank you, my name is Michael Lane, vote for me.

This is a speech I wrote for my brother. Would you vote for him?

"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus
Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:12 PM #70 of 102
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
How come the wind always feels like it's blowing AGAINST you no matter which direction you switch walking to?
I don't know about you, but I have had the wind at my back on several occasions.

although, according to dante's inferno: one of the circles of hell is an empty plain that no matter which direction you walk, a strong wind is always pushing against you, and if you stop walking... the wind gets more powerful.

maybe your in hell and don't even know it. ^_^

Last edited by Azral; Mar 5, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:18 PM #71 of 102
Originally Posted by Robo Jesus
Yes.

;D

Obscure questions:
1) Why?
2) Why do they put air masks on the plane for every passenger and not parachutes?
3) Why is there braille on drive-thru ATMs?

((weak questions. For now...))

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:22 AM #72 of 102
This is a rather morbid question, but my big brother just started fireman's academy to become a firefighter and he mentioned that the other day they burned a dead pig to simulate the smell of burning human flesh. I've heard this mentioned before from military people (coincidentally my bro was also spec ops in the marines so he's smelled that smell before. **shudder** >__<)

At any rate - why IS it that pig flesh is so much like human flesh in those regards? Its a little bit creepy to be honest.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:31 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:31 AM #73 of 102
Originally Posted by Gechmir
1) Why?
Because.
2) Why do they put air masks on the plane for every passenger and not parachutes?
Reason 1: It will scare passengers away by showing the lack of confidence if their plane. EDIT: IN their plane*

Reason 2: Parachutes are for the staff only. Who would want the passengers to walk away alive after having been through such horrid experience.
3) Why is there braille on drive-thru ATMs?
Reason 1: Blind people might recover after a successful surgery and might not be able to learn the alphabets so soon.

Reason 2: Because in our liberal sue-happy society, if you don't put braille on a drive up ATM, then some blind guy is going to get the idea that his rights have been violated.

Reason 3: Drive-up ATM buttons are marked with braille because federal regulations require it. To be specific, section 4.34.4 of the ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (Appendix to Part 1191, 36 CFR Chapter XI, issued pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) says, "Instructions and all information for use [of an automated teller machine] shall be made accessible to and independently usable by persons with vision impairments." Drive-up ATMs, unlike the walk-up variety, don't need to be wheelchair accessible, but the rules make no exception regarding accessibility by the blind.

Who am I kidding. I don't know if I'm right or not. You be the judge.

Last edited by Scarletdeath; Mar 5, 2006 at 12:48 PM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:37 PM #74 of 102
Originally Posted by Robo Jesus
Depends; does he have good acting skills? Without the right delivery, any mention of 'robotic army of doom' will just make him look like an unfunny nerd that's trying too hard.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:37 PM #75 of 102
1) Why?
1- cuz.

2- Have you ever seen an Oxygen bar at a convention or nightclub? Pure Oxygen is a very potent gas, and when that is all that you're breathing, it gets you high. The oxygen will put you in a state of relaxation, thus calming the passengers down. The masks have nothing to do with cabin pressure, and parchutes would be pointless. If the plane is going to crash, everyone is going to die... so they calm the passengers down at the very least during their final moments.

watch the movie 'Fight Club'... Tyler explains it better than I ever will.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Ask An Obscure Question.