Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: How often do you listen to podcasts?
I follow a variety of podcasts, and listen at least once a week 3 50.00%
There are a few shows I like, and I listen when I'm bored or the topic is interesting 2 33.33%
I very rarely listen to any podcasts 1 16.67%
Podwut? 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Podcasts and You

i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Mar 5, 2012, 07:42 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2012, 08:42 PM #1 of 3
Podcasts and You

In the last year or so, I've found myself listening to more and more podcasts while walking my dog. I've found that it makes time go by faster than when I listen to music, which is great for the little fur ball in that her walks and playtime are increased. I'm always looking for more things to listen to and thinking about it brought this topic to mind.

I see that there have been threads about this in the past, but the last one I found goes back to 2008, so I figured a new thread would be a good idea.

So:

Who here is an avid podcast listener?
What are some of your favorites?
At what times, or during which activities do you tend to listen the most?

------------------------

To get the ball rolling, here are a few podcasts I enjoy myself, and follow regularly.

1. The Partially Examined Life

This is the first podcast I started listening to. It's basically four guys discussing important works in the history of philosophy, focusing mainly on making it accessible to the widest possible audience. Some of the episodes go into more obscure subjects and are a bit harder to follow, but as a general rule it is as easy to follow as a philosophy podcast can hope to be. They have a set of ground rules, including no name-dropping, and always be accurate in their answers, except when it would be more entertaining not to, which contribute to the relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of the show.

2. Music and the Brain

A podcast which looks at what effects music has on the brain, usually a conversation between the host and one (sometimes more) experts in a given field of study who's work relates to music somehow. An ear-opening experience some would say.

3. Godless Bitches

I came upon this one through the Atheist Experience, a Call-in TV show in Austin, Texas, which is quite popular on Youtube. The four women who put together this podcast are all rotating co-hosts on the TV show, but this podcast deals specifically with issues relating to feminism. Since they are not limited as they are on the TV show with calls, it is more wide-reaching in terms of topics, and hence quite engaging.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Mar 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:24 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2012, 10:24 PM #2 of 3
I follow Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast and Doug Loves Movies on a regular basis; new episodes come out every week. I generally listen while at work to drown out the activity going on around me. I find it makes me more productive.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:34 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2012, 10:34 AM #3 of 3
I follow mostly comics podcasts:

Sidebar
Wordballoon
Fanboy Radio

the best one is
Around Comics

and of course, our own podcast
Tres Komikeros

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Podcasts and You