Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:16 PM #51 of 546
And right on cue, Melo hits yet another game-winner last night in Indiana.

Clutch.

Kid's got ice-water in his veins.

As for Elton Brand, he's always been a 20-10 guy. This season, his scoring is way up at 25.3 per game, and is a career-year for him. But I also attribute the Clippers success this season to the new additions: Sam Cassell and Cuttino Mobley.

It's easy to see who came out on top in that Cassell-Jaric trade. What was Minnesota thinking.

Yuu don't trade Sam Cassell during a contract year, when everybody knows Sammy will be playing his butt off for that next contract.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:32 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 11:32 AM #52 of 546
It seems like we're the only three ever posting in this thread. Are we the only lovers of this game?

Speaking of all-star snubs, it was also agreed that Chris Paul was one too. He'll get his due though. And honestly, the Detroit Pistons did not deserve 4 players there.

MVP candidates: Dirk sure is making a quiet run towards it. Elton's a beast. Nash is even more MVP quality than he was last year. Kobe's the only player on his team, and he might make the playoffs by himself, which is ridiculous. Billups has a decent chance but apparently he's on an all-star team. Carmelo is being stellar, but no.

Changing topic, so who's out first: Starbury or Brown?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:02 PM #53 of 546
Yeah, it does seem like we're the only three posting here

Who's out first -- Steph or Larry.

I'd say Steph.

Marbury is an undeniable talent, but he's a cancer to every team he's been on. He can't make anybody better. As a point guard, how can you not.

When he and Jason Kidd were swapped, Kidd instantly put New Jersey on the map (two consecutive Finals appearances). Steph couldn't much with his Phoenix team, despite having both Marion and Amare to work with.

Then he was traded to New York. And Phoenix got Nash during the summer. And Phoenix tore it up.

And New York ... well, Jerome Williams retired.

Marbury can't adapt his game to the talents and role players around him. He just doesn't get it.

I mean, Kevin Garnett blossomed even more after Marbury forced his way out of Minnesota. In that sense, I'm glad Marbury left because it benefited KG's individual career (though certainly not his championship aspirations).

Marbury is wearing out his welcome in his hometown New York.

I was speaking idiomatically.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:56 PM #54 of 546
Everywhere Cassell goes the team usually improves instantly. Guy's a great PG and is also a clutch shooter down the stretch of games. 2 S's, 2 L's, playah. 2 S's, 2 L's.

Stephon Marbury is out! I don't really like his game that much. He's got skills but I feel he's overrated. I mean, damn, dude must have been hurt when he got shipped from a horrible New Jersey team, only to have Jason Kidd come up in there and take 'em to 2 NBA Finals in a row. To me, "Starbury" is a selfish player who doesn't have as much talent as a lot of people think. Oh yeah, he's outta there. I did like that one time though when he crossed up Yao Ming so bad, he went and fell on his ass. That was classic and a very LOL moment.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 16, 2006 at 03:04 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:43 PM #55 of 546
I remember that moment. Hilarious!

But yeah, Starb-err needs to go. Sadly, I don't think the Knicks will improve as much as the Nets/Suns did when he left, just because of how awful the Knicks still are. I put Franchise in there with Starbuck as point-guards-I-don't-like-not-only-because-they're-not-point-guards-but-because-they're-idiots. After all their moves this season, it's funny because they still don't have a point guard.

So, apparently, Kevin Garnett was hatched from a basketball. I can only believe it's true.

Man, my brother, Earl You-can-only-hope-to-contain-him Boykins, is hurt. Aww, if Carmelo wants to make a run for MVP, he better step it up even more now. Though I wish uber-underrated PG, Andre Miller, will step it up since he is on 70% of my fantasy teams. Good stuff.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:53 AM #56 of 546
Perhaps Larry Brown isn't all that better.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ant/index.html

If the Knicks have been turd, then...

Quote:
In his first season in New York, Brown has flushed the Knicks straight down the NBA toilet.

How ya doing, buddy?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:34 AM #57 of 546
Larry Brown has always been a coach that landed in a situation where he inherited a team that was good but just couldn't get over the hump as far as playoffs/championships are concerned. Within a year or two, he'd more often than not have them in either the playoffs or contending for a championship. However, here in New York, that just ain't gonna happen. I dont think this is his fault at all, it's Isiah Thomas' fault. Like the article says, the traded for all those huge contracts on a team that already leads the league is overall payroll. If anybody should be kicked fromt his team, it's him. Didn't anyone get the picture when the guy totally ruined the CBA?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:19 PM #58 of 546
Sometimes I wonder just how great of a coach Larry Brown is. I mean, sure, it's easy to win when you have the pieces. And he's definitely a good coach. But great?

As a coach, you also have to be good at managing the egos and personnels you have on the team. You can't always force your coaching philosophy onto your players -- you need to adapt and tailor your coaching style to the type of players that you have.

He really hasn't done that in New York this year.

But ohhhh my, the Knicks beat the Pistons last night. I had to double-check the score because I thought I was seeing things.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:03 PM #59 of 546
I don't really think that it has much to do with him not adapting his style to the players he has. Stephon Marbury is the only guy that has been making waves in the media about not being happy with his role. It's just that the suits up top have not been making good decisions about who they have been bringing in. Taking on the contracts of Aging, overpaid, and mostly overated players isn't exactly a way to bolster your roster or help to get wins. You can't put that on Larry Brown. I think he's a great coach. Like I said, he has been successful at every one of his stops. Very few coaches can say that.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:09 PM #60 of 546
I see your point ... Isiah Thomas has done a horrible job of putting this team together.

And yeah, now that I think about it, Larry Brown has accomplished a lot, and has taken so many teams to the Playoffs.

He always seems to wear out his welcome, though. That's what I've noticed. And the thing he did last year, when he was looking hard at the Cleveland position while in the midst of the Finals -- that was very unprofessional. He always talks about "playing the right way." What he did last year wasn't "coaching the right way." And I lost so much respect for him after that.

[And wasn't he the coach of that 2004 Athens team? He couldn't manage Carmelo Anthony? He had Lebron riding the bench? All that talent on the squad, and all they could do was Bronze...]

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Timberwolf; Mar 18, 2006 at 01:12 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:19 PM #61 of 546
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
I see your point ... Isiah Thomas has done a horrible job of putting this team together.

And yeah, now that I think about it, Larry Brown has accomplished a lot, and has taken so many teams to the Playoffs.

He always seems to wear out his welcome, though. That's what I've noticed. And the thing he did last year, when he was looking hard at the Cleveland position while in the midst of the Finals -- that was very unprofessional. He always talks about "playing the right way." What he did last year wasn't "coaching the right way." And I lost so much respect for him after that.

[And wasn't he the coach of that 2004 Athens team? He couldn't manage Carmelo Anthony? He had Lebron riding the bench? All that talent on the squad, and all they could do was Bronze...]
Yeah, he does seem to wear out his welcome at some point with every team he's been with. And I also agree with you on the whole Pistons/Cavs deal last season. He had no right to do that and I lost a great deal of respect for him because of it. Yeah, he was the coach of the Athens USA Basketball team. He hardly played Carmelo. But, Carmelo has said that that experience really helped him out, so he took it as a positive. And, as I watch how great he's playing this season, it seems like all that crap he went through has paid huge dividends.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:39 PM #62 of 546
The Conseco Fieldhouse crowd rained boos down on Ron Artest yesterday.

Quote:
"If there was a fight between the fans who loved me or booed me, I think the boos would have won."
You think, Ron Ron?

And this one has been in the news for a while. But still -- WHAT THE HELL.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_3561131

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 04:44 PM #63 of 546
And this one has been in the news for a while. But still -- WHAT THE HELL.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_3561131
Yeah, I saw that. I read the article last month on ESPN Insider, and on fanball while reading fantasy sports news. That's awesome.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:44 PM #64 of 546
Maybe she's testing AK47.

Some random observations/musings in my head...

- Kobe Bryant had 11 assists yesterday. Whoa.

- The Timberwolves are so disappointing. Seven straight losses. Second worst record in the West.

- Pistons have lost four out of their last 10 games.

- The newest fashion trend in the NBA is tights. Some players shouldn't wear them.

- The Hornets are suddenly struggling, now in 9th place

- The Kings are suddenly hot, now sitting at 7th place. They may actually make the Playoffs.

- Steve Nash for MVP. Or something like that.

- Kevin Garnett is the loneliest player in the NBA.

- I want a pair of AJ XXII.

- Dwight Howard had a sick alley-oop dunk last night.

- Five seconds in the game, down one point. Give me Melo instead of Kobe.

- Gerald Wallace, if he keeps this up, will become only the third player in NBA history to average more than 2 blocks and 2 steals in a season (Hakeem, David Robinson).

- Gerald Wallace is 6'7".

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:41 PM #65 of 546
- Kobe Bryant had 11 assists yesterday. Whoa.
Yep, 11 dimes... and they lost.

- The Timberwolves are so disappointing. Seven straight losses. Second worst record in the West.
2 years removed from making it to the Western Conference Finals, it's a damn shame to see the T-Wolves in this state. I really think they should try shopping KG around this summer. He's done ALL that he can possibly do for that team. I believe it's time for him to move on.

- Pistons have lost four out of their last 10 games.
Yeah, and 3 of those losses are against the Knicks, Wizards and Lakers.

- The Kings are suddenly hot, now sitting at 7th place. They may actually make the Playoffs.
Ron Artest has played immediate dividends for the Kings. I think that they will make the postseason.

- I want a pair of AJ XXII.
You and me both. I probably will get a pair though. Might buy 2 and sell one for a profit.

- Five seconds in the game, down one point. Give me Melo instead of Kobe.
I concur, brotha. I concur.

- Gerald Wallace, if he keeps this up, will become only the third player in NBA history to average more than 2 blocks and 2 steals in a season (Hakeem, David Robinson).

- Gerald Wallace is 6'7".
Gerald Wallace is having a stellar season. He's definitely a star on the rise.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:07 AM #66 of 546
Surprise surprise...Rockets lose again. It is the Spurs, but still, I think they've lost their last three or so straight. They play the Clippers Monday, maybe they can rebound from their losing streak.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:16 PM #67 of 546
heh, the Rockets are an even bigger disappointment than the T-Wolves this year. They have two bonified superstars in T-Mac and Yao Ming and a pretty good supporting cast, yet they are nowhere near the playoff picture at this point. It just doesn't make sense. There's no reason why they shouldn't be one of the elite teams in the Western Conference, yet they are one of the worst right now.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:38 PM #68 of 546
It's just that T-Mac and Yao have been out so much. T-Mac's back problems, especially, have led to so many Rockets losses.

And it's not just Yao and T-Mac, but many other key players squad have been hit with injuries ... Stro, Skip, Sura.

Originally Posted by bishop743
2 years removed from making it to the Western Conference Finals, it's a damn shame to see the T-Wolves in this state. I really think they should try shopping KG around this summer. He's done ALL that he can possibly do for that team. I believe it's time for him to move on.
I don't think KG will move on simply because he think he has a better chance at a championship elsewhere.

KG is fiercely loyal. All that he's ever asked management is to do their best to improve the team, bring in the right players, and make the Timberwolves competitive. The last two seasons, management screwed up. Let's face it, Marko Jaric has only made the team worse.

The only way I see KG asking for a trade is if he sees the management slacking off and not doing anything to make the Timberwolves competitive. If he feels betrayed, he might want to be traded.

But if left on his own, KG will never leave Minnesota. He's too loyal and strong-willed.

You and me both. I probably will get a pair though. Might buy 2 and sell one for a profit.
Are you going to get the red? I love the red.

----

Anyone else watching the Kobe-Cavaliers game on ABC right now?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:54 PM #69 of 546
It's just that T-Mac and Yao have been out so much. T-Mac's back problems, especially, have led to so many Rockets losses.

And it's not just Yao and T-Mac, but many other key players squad have been hit with injuries ... Stro, Skip, Sura.
Even when they have everyone at full strength, they still haven't been playing on a very high level. I wish I could find some stats on their record when T-Mac and Yao are in the lineup. I wouldn't think it'd be too impressive.

I don't think KG will move on simply because he think he has a better chance at a championship elsewhere.

KG is fiercely loyal. All that he's ever asked management is to do their best to improve the team, bring in the right players, and make the Timberwolves competitive. The last two seasons, management screwed up. Let's face it, Marko Jaric has only made the team worse.

The only way I see KG asking for a trade is if he sees the management slacking off and not doing anything to make the Timberwolves competitive. If he feels betrayed, he might want to be traded.

But if left on his own, KG will never leave Minnesota. He's too loyal and strong-willed.
Yeah, he's hella loyal, but you'd be suprised what continued losing will do to you. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough. If this keeps up I do think he will asked to be traded... or the orgranization will take it upon themselves to deal him. The orgranization DOES need to step up though. KG is damn sure doing his share... and then some!

Are you going to get the red? I love the red.
Yeah, those red ones are the hotness. Those are the ones I'll be getting.

Anyone else watching the Kobe-Cavaliers game on ABC right now?
haha @ "Kobe-Cavaliers". Yeah, I'm flipping between that and the NCAA's.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:29 PM #70 of 546
Yeah, those red ones are the hotness. Those are the ones I'll be getting.
Niiiice.

I had a friend who would purchase every new pair of Air Jordans as it comes out. But he wouldn't wear that pair. He would ball in the pair released the year before. Then when a new AJ comes out the following year, he would again ball in the pair released the previous year.

It's halftime in Cleveland. Lebron has 18 points. Kobe has 24 points on 10-15 shooting. He also has 5 assists. That last shot from the corner at the halftime buzzer, with Lebron draped all over him, was like whoa.

It's pretty clear that Kobe wants to school Lebron. Just look at him when he's guarding Lebron. It's like he wants to bite his head off.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 02:08 PM #71 of 546
Haha, nice. Cavs won. It's always fun to watch the Lakers lose, especially when it comes down to Kobe missing a final shot. It's great.

Dang, I want Air Jordans, but I'd probably never use them. If I had the money, I'd just go for the collection, like the complete signed collection sold on eBay recently: http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I was in awe the first time I saw that. I remain envious.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:17 PM #72 of 546
With only three seconds left in the game, I don't understand why Kobe would catch the ball near midcourt with three defenders running at him.

I mean, what is that.

Originally Posted by nazpyro

Dang, I want Air Jordans, but I'd probably never use them. If I had the money, I'd just go for the collection, like the complete signed collection sold on eBay recently: http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Oh geez, that is a whole lot of money.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:39 PM #73 of 546
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Haha, nice. Cavs won. It's always fun to watch the Lakers lose, especially when it comes down to Kobe missing a final shot. It's great.

Damn. That's a pretty sweet collection, especially since they're all signed and everything - and they include every single one of the Air Jordan series.

Plus the purpose of the auction was the benefit a non-profit organization. Pretty sweet, too bad I would never have that amount of money to spend on shoes. *Shrugs*

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 06:41 PM #74 of 546
A pretty good article written about the Steph-Larry feud:

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/sho...story_id=58464.

Here's the cut & paste:

Quote:
SportsTicker Pro Basketball Notebook

---------------------------------

March 17, 2006

By Chris Bernucca
SportsTicker Pro Basketball Editor

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) - In his 10-year career, Stephon Marbury hasn't done much winning. He's about to lose again, this time to his coach.

When Marbury's long-simmering feud with Larry Brown became highly public this week - and there's plenty of blame on both sides for allowing it to get to that stage - the point guard of the New York Knicks played his last hole card way too early.

It is so easy to quickly point the finger at Marbury, who has been traded three times, has yet to win a postseason series and often plays as if he does not trust his teammates. He was booed during introductions Wednesday, making this the second homecoming he has screwed up. Or have you forgotten how the New York tabloids played the start of his two-plus fruitless years in New Jersey?

But Marbury is clearly within his rights to be upset with Brown, who once again has taken his dissatisfaction with a prominent player to the media rather than keep a potentially disruptive issue within the team.

"He always crosses the line," Marbury correctly pointed out. "That's not nothing new. He handles certain things through the media as opposed to sitting down and talking to people. Still, if you sit down and talk to coach, it's liable to get back to everybody. You're really not safe there, either."

Brown did the same thing with Allen Iverson in Philadelphia. The difference was Iverson was smart enough - and tough enough - not to take the bait. In six years, he never snapped back personally, at least not on the record.

Knicks practices this week resembled the British House of Commons meetings that air on C-SPAN, with Brown and Marbury taking turns speaking their piece on the issues with veiled insults and threats directed at each other. All they needed was someone to wear a funny wig and media members to say "Hear, hear" at each pause.

As it was in Philadelphia, Brown's gripe with his star player is over control of the team. Brown wants Marbury to make a better commitment to team play, an approach that has allowed the coach to make things appreciably better in each of his previous seven NBA gigs.

"I'm the coach of a basketball team," Brown said. "The only thing that matters to me is we play the right way and share the ball, try to guard and care for our teammates. I'm not going to focus on things that have nothing to do with being a good teammate.

"Every good team, it's all about the team. The only message is, you want to be part of the team, want to make your teammates better. If you don't have that on your agenda, then it's probably a bad place to be."

Marbury wants more freedom within the offense. He wants to be "Starbury," the nickname he earned as a high school star in Brooklyn and wears as a tattoo. He would like to see Brown's track record of turning losers into winners begin to take effect at Madison Square Garden.

"He's speaking on things that he's done," Marbury said. "People in New York want to know, what is he gonna do as far as us winning? What happened in the past is in the past. New Yorkers relate to what's happening now. They live more in the present."

The present is an absolute mess. The Knicks are 18-45 and have saddled Brown with just his fourth losing season in 23 years as an NBA coach. They have too many pretty boys with cushy contracts and not enough alley cats hungry for their next meal.

With a whimsical nature borne out by a ridiculous 36 different starting lineups and a waffling on whether to play veterans or kids, Brown has to take some of the blame. However, his resume is coated with Hall of Fame Teflon, which has allowed him to withstand the heat better than Marbury - and go after him in the media.

"I'll take full responsibility for us winning (18) games and losing 45," Brown said. "(But) you're the best guard in the league and the team's (bad); yeah, it's the coach's fault. If you're the best player, surely you're going to have some effect on the outcome. And I've never given any player in my career more free reign."

That's highly debatable, given the number of touches Iverson had when Brown was with the 76ers. Marbury is not Iverson - a foolish belief he conveyed to Brown earlier this season - but he is not Haywoode Workman or Eric Snow, either. And being singled out for the team's failures brought his simmer to a boil.

"I'm no longer going to allow him to say things about me and I'm not going to say anything back. That's not going to happen," Marbury said. "I allowed him to drag me the first three, four months in the paper and I didn't say one word. I sat back and took it. If something's going to be said, I'm going to defend myself. My mother taught me that. If somebody hits me, you hit them back."

Apparently, Marbury has had enough. The New York Daily News reported this week that Marbury has told at least two teammates he expects to be traded during the offseason and is anticipating the customary end-of-season sit-down to speak his piece with president Isiah Thomas and owner James Dolan, Brown's bosses.

But by running his mouth - admittedly in self-defense - Marbury did himself a disservice. With his track record and three years at $60 million remaining on his contract, his options already were limited. By publicly challenging his coach, he likely has scared away some more suitors.

If Marbury had kept his mouth shut for another month - not impossible, given his admirable extended reticence throughout the season - he could have quietly and politely requested a trade and simply told his new employers that he and Brown were a bad fit. After all, he wouldn't have been the first star with whom Brown did not see eye to eye.

But this is not free agency. Marbury has to be traded, which in today's NBA financial climate is not unlike Michael Corleone's desire to kill Hyman Roth at the airport while he is surrounded by government officials - difficult, but not impossible. The Knicks have to (a) find a team that is interested in him that (b) can offer a fair package in return.

As a rival GM, who would you want - a 20-and-8 guy not yet 30 years old who is just looking for a fresh start and wants to win? Or a confrontational ballhog and loser who has to have things his way and has worn out his welcome in four previous stops?

It's all about the presentation, and Marbury foolishly made his way too early by responding to Brown's criticism in public.
Stephon Marbury definitely NOT Allen Iverson. No where near AI's caliber.

And even worse than Brown, Marbury also wears out his welcome in every place he's been. He's not a winner. He's not a team-player. He complains all the time and takes cheap jabs at people.

Remember how when he was in Phoenix, he compared Amare Stoudemire to Kevin Garnett as Michael Jordan to Mario Elie.

I had a good laugh about that one.

And remember how he said he believed he was the best point guard in the NBA.

I laughed even more.

Most amazing jew boots
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:21 AM #75 of 546
Marbury isn't even among the top 5 point guards in the league, let alone on the same level as Allen Iverson. Timberwolf, you talked about how a coach should be able to adapt his style to the team he's coaching, well I think a "star" player such as Marbury should be able to do the same. The mark of a great player is whether or not he can make his teammates better and Marbury has really never done that at any of his stops. And, right now, he seems to only be concerned with himself and only about how he's being used. That's just selfish and disrepectful to the rest of the team. If he were as good of player as he says and thinks he is, he'd be able to tailor his game to his surroundings. He can't... so he isn't.

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 20, 2006 at 10:23 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread