Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:34 PM #526 of 546
Originally Posted by bishop743
Ben Wallace says he wants to stay in Detroit and that his heart is in Detroit. Chicago, and another team that I can't remember right now, are offering him the same deal Detroit is except their deal is for $52 million instead of $48 million. Big Ben, you say your heart is in Detroit, so how about you prove it. $4 million, in pro sports, isn't a whole hell of a lot. So, stay with Detroit.

Yeah, Chicago is a young team on the rise, but they aren't going to be winning any championships anytime soon. Detriot is a team that is a given, perenial title-contender every year. Use your head on this one, Ben.

EDIT:

Looks like Ben doesn't love the Pistons as much as he says. He's leaving Detroit and signing a 4-year, $52 million deal with the Bulls: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508742

Detroit is gonna be in some real bad shape next year. They just let the heart of their team walk out the door. Joe Dumars has made some amazing moves since he took over the helm, but this one is horrible for that franchise.
Wow, I'm shocked that Ben Wallace would leave the Pistons for an extra 1 million per year for the next four years.

I don't get it. It's not like the Pistons offered him a bad deal. Had he taken it, he would've been the highest paid player on the team.

In other news, Peja is leaving the Pacers and signing with the Hornets. Bobby Jackson is signing with the Hornets too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:57 PM #527 of 546
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
In other news, Peja is leaving the Pacers and signing with the Hornets. Bobby Jackson is signing with the Hornets too.
haha, so the Pacers trade away one of the most unique, talented players in the game and what do they get in return... Peja for 30 some-odd games? Hilarious. Peja will benefit greatly with having Chris Paul though. Those two should be fun to watch together.

FELIPE NO
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 03:37 PM #528 of 546
haha, so the Pacers trade away one of the most unique, talented players in the game and what do they get in return... Peja for 30 some-odd games? Hilarious. Peja will benefit greatly with having Chris Paul though. Those two should be fun to watch together.
Yeah ... Artest really turned the Kings around. His impact was immediate.

Peja was injured for a good portion of the Playoffs for the Pacers, who really lost out in that trade.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 01:20 PM #529 of 546
It seems as though LeBron James is a bit hesitant to sign his contract extension with the Cavs. After seeing his draft mate Dwayne Wade win a title this year, he may be wondering whether or not he can do the same thing in a Cleveland uniform. I do think he will eventually sign and stay with them when the smoke clears though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 01:40 PM #530 of 546
I think he's just making them sweat it out.

I don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland. I mean, Detroit has just gotten significantly weaker with the loss of Ben Wallace. Chicago has gotten better, but is still not a contender. Miami is still the best team in the East, but Shaq is not getting any younger.

With a new piece or two -- or some tweaks -- Cleveland can challenge Miami for the East Title.

Edit: NEVER MIND, IT'S OFFICIAL: LEBRON AGREES TO EXTENSION

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Timberwolf; Jul 8, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:25 PM #531 of 546
I think he's just making them sweat it out.

I don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland. I mean, Detroit has just gotten significantly weaker with the loss of Ben Wallace. Chicago has gotten better, but is still not a contender. Miami is still the best team in the East, but Shaq is not getting any younger.

With a new piece or two -- or some tweaks -- Cleveland can challenge Miami for the East Title.

Edit: NEVER MIND, IT'S OFFICIAL: LEBRON AGREES TO EXTENSION
haha, when I saw your "NEVER MIND", I was like "OMG, he's leaving?!?!" :doh:

But yeah, I figured he'd stay with them as well. They had a great run last season and had a lot more success in the playoffs than many people thought they could have. A move here or there and they can definitely be in that elite group in the Eastern Conference.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:18 PM #532 of 546
Big Bull Ben.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:27 AM #533 of 546
The Bulls are gonna on the rise next season while the season are going to dip greatly. I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

In other news:

>> Memphis aquires Stromile Swift and draft rights to Rudy Gay from Houston for Shane Battier
-- Memphis is gonna lose a great player in Battier but they are getting so much more in return. Great move on their part

>> L.A. Clippers re-sign free agent Sam Cassell
-- The Clippers would have been morons if they hadn't

>> Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony have opted to follow suit with LeBron James and sign similar, smaller deals now so that they can get a larger contract down the road. Might not be good for the teams they are with currently but it is a smart business decision

>> Kobe Won’t Play for USA After Knee Surgery
-- In the article, it says the surgery was a "minor treatment" but he is probably going to miss between 8-12 weeks. So, he should be ready just in time for Laker's training camp.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:42 AM #534 of 546
>> Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony have opted to follow suit with LeBron James and sign similar, smaller deals now so that they can get a larger contract down the road. Might not be good for the teams they are with currently but it is a smart business decision
I thought Melo decided to go with the max five-year, $80 million route?

Chris Bosh was the one who inked similar deals as Wade and Lebron, right?

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:59 AM #535 of 546
I thought Melo decided to go with the max five-year, $80 million route?

Chris Bosh was the one who inked similar deals as Wade and Lebron, right?
Yeah, my bad. You're right. Carmelo signed the 5-year, $80 million deal. It was Bosh he followed suit with Wade and LeBron. Thanks for the correction.

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:10 PM #536 of 546
More news:

- Chicago trades Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for PJ Brown and JR Smith.

- Iverson wants to remain a Sixer

- Paul Pierce signs a three-year extension with the Celtics worth $60 million

- The Timberwolves have inked Mike James to a four-year $23 million deal

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:47 PM #537 of 546
- Chicago trades Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for PJ Brown and JR Smith.
Chicago is really making some great moves this offseason. P.J. Brown's best years are behind him, but he's still a savvy big man and he'll help solidify that frontline with Big Ben.

- Iverson wants to remain a Sixer
Well, Iverson has been saying all along that he wanted to stay a Sixer for life. But, at the same time, management needs to take the steps to get some quality guys around him to make a competitive team. When it's all said and done, I think Big Ben's move will be the biggest offseason trade. KG and AI are staying put.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:11 PM #538 of 546
Chicago is really making some great moves this offseason. P.J. Brown's best years are behind him, but he's still a savvy big man and he'll help solidify that frontline with Big Ben.
Yeah, JR Smith is also a nice pickup. Chicago is a young team, so having PJ Brown around will bring some veteran leadership in addition to Big Ben.

Well, Iverson has been saying all along that he wanted to stay a Sixer for life. But, at the same time, management needs to take the steps to get some quality guys around him to make a competitive team. When it's all said and done, I think Big Ben's move will be the biggest offseason trade. KG and AI are staying put.
I was actually surprised that the Sixers missed the Playoffs. They need to get Iguodala more involved in the offense. He's up-and-coming.

The Hornets have made some nice moves as well. Peja is a good addition (though he hasn't played particularly well since the first half of the 2003-2004 season, when he was MVP material). So the Hornets have a nice little nucleus in Chris Paul, Peja, and D-Mase. But I can't say I like the addition of Tyson Chandler, who will just get abused by all the power forwards in the West.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:23 PM #539 of 546
Speaking of the Hornets, there has been a lot of talk lately about trying to move them to Oklahoma City permanately. Last season, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, they played a large number of their games in Oklahoma City and drew great crowds there. There seems to be a huge market for basketball there. A group that just recently purchased the Seattle Supersonics also wants to try and move that team to Oklahoma City. It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out. Oklahoma City is enriched with basketball tradition. One way or another, they deserve to have a team there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:24 PM #540 of 546
Yeah, I heard about that too. If that does happen, it'd be so weird to not have the SuperSonics in Seattle.

Whenever I hear Supersonics, the first image that comes to mind is the Reignman flying high and The Glove dishing.

Of course, nowadays the Reignman is no longer flying high. He's just high.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:37 PM #541 of 546
The USA Team has been getting some practice time in. They also sat for portraits:

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2006, 10:38 PM #542 of 546
Carmelo looks like he got punched in the face.

So, yeah, I'm back. Missed the finals, draft, some trades and all, but am just about caught up now. Yay intarweb.

It'll be interesting to see who gets cut from the USA team when it comes to that time.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 06:16 PM #543 of 546
Yeah, Melo's photo was funny. He looked different.

Anyway, welcome back dude.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:50 AM #544 of 546
Welcome back, nazpyro. Glad to see you back here.

Some news and notes:

>> Marion, Morrison, Ridnour Off U.S. Roster

>> Gov. Barkley? Sir Charles eyeing office in Alabama

>> Pacers close to acquiring Harrington from Hawks

>> Report: King no longer shopping Iverson on market

Timberwolf, this one is for you. It's an article KG wrote on NBA.com about his trip to Asia: Kevin Garnett: World Traveler

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:15 PM #545 of 546
Welcome back, nazpyro. Glad to see you back here.

Some news and notes:

>> Marion, Morrison, Ridnour Off U.S. Roster

>> Gov. Barkley? Sir Charles eyeing office in Alabama

>> Pacers close to acquiring Harrington from Hawks

>> Report: King no longer shopping Iverson on market

Timberwolf, this one is for you. It's an article KG wrote on NBA.com about his trip to Asia: Kevin Garnett: World Traveler
Thanks for the news updates, man

Charles Barkley ... he'd be interesting as governor. If it does materialize, he'd be sorely missed on those TNT shows. Who's gonna trade jabs with Kenny.

Yup, I've been following KG's adidas promo tour to Asia. The blog is a good read. The Taj Mahal video is new, though -- that wasn't there before Thanks!

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 12:57 AM #546 of 546
Thanks for the links. That KG entry was cool.

Anyway, don't we deserve a new NBA thread now? Isn't this considered the offseason for 2006-2007 season or something? Everything now's pertinent to 2006-2007...

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread