Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Cyantre

Member 2635

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:50 PM #101 of 1091
Originally Posted by Sepharite
I think Henry knows about the Others and knows that his brother is an Other. Thus, Henry is there to rescue him or to be recruited as an Other. Meh.
That's a possibility...

I was speaking idiomatically.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:04 PM #102 of 1091
"You guys got any milk?"

Best way to end an episode ever.

Did anyone else watch tonight?

Spoiler:
So Sun is pregnant. Another "miracle" of the island. I like how the miracle is another baby for the Others to harvest ahahaha

Did anyone notice the WIDMORE LABS on the pregnancy test? I'll catch a screenshot from the Charlie episode to show you what I am referring to you if you don't already know.

Also - next episode in 2 weeks? Looks like they're going to let the timer run out. OOPS. I cant WAIT . Next week looks a lot BETTER - 5 events.

And I heard it's going to be a Hurley flashback week. Maybe we can finally find out what he was in the psych ward for. <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:10 PM #103 of 1091
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
"You guys got any milk?"

Also - next episode in 2 weeks? Looks like they're going to let the timer run out. OOPS. I cant WAIT . Next week looks a lot BETTER - 5 events.

And I heard it's going to be a Hurley flashback week. Maybe we can finally find out what he was in the psych ward for. <3
Yeah it did say Widmore on it. It said next episode is next week....not in 2 weeks. I believe its Locke centric...then after that its a Hurley episode.

Spoiler:
word is that Locke is going to end up being on crutches for the rest of the season

LOL Henry Gale is funny..."whoa you guys got cereal".

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 PM #104 of 1091
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Yeah it did say Widmore on it. It said next episode is next week....not in 2 weeks. I believe its Locke centric...then after that its a Hurley episode.
Huh. I wonder where I got the whole bi-weekly new episode idea. (HA. HA. HA.)

Quote:
Spoiler:
word is that Locke is going to end up being on crutches for the rest of the season
Yea, I already read that too.

Quote:
LOL Henry Gale is funny..."whoa you guys got cereal".
Even if he ISN'T an Other, he's really pushing some insane buttons. He's LOOKING for trouble, talking about an ambush and everything.

Spoiler:
Seems like his baloon is real, though - judging from the preview

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:16 PM #105 of 1091
Spoiler:
Yeah, I read somewhere that they were using a balloon in shooting an episode. It makes you wonder though...is it his? Or did he , as an other, simply know about the balloon and use it as a scapegoat? Lost as a show really has done a good job planting seeds of doubt about things that happened. Its what I love about the show.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:24 PM #106 of 1091
That episode was adequate, but I'm really starting to hate the show in general.

I just can't enjoy Lost anymore. Some kind of spark is missing, and everything's "bleh" and predictable. Every character is starting to become annoying (besides the Koreans) and even I knew from the beginning that Henry's map was just a way to get Ana Lucia's group ambushed. Anyone feel the same as I do?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:28 PM #107 of 1091
No not really. I think a good portion of Lost's audeniece expects too much from the show. the first season was considered great and it had alot of awesome stuff happen...and people expect more awesome stuff to happen during this one. I think this season is more about character development...and despite losing a few...you also have more characters to develop.

Most people hate the show now because a) they wont reveal all the secrets at once or b) long gaps between new episodes (i can understand this being upsetting but its not the end of the world).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:29 PM #108 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
That episode was adequate, but I'm really starting to hate the show in general.

I just can't enjoy Lost anymore. Some kind of spark is missing, and everything's "bleh" and predictable. Every character is starting to become annoying (besides the Koreans) and even I knew from the beginning that Henry's map was just a way to get Ana Lucia's group ambushed. Anyone feel the same as I do?
I get more pissed off over the gaps.

And man, Knighthawk - the secrets weren't revealed quickly LAST season. I don't think people are dumb enough to expect the secrets to be immediately exposed in the SECOND season.

But yea, I am starting to lose interest in it. I am TRYING not to, but the gaps are becoming intolerably long and the plot is scattered and disorganized. Or so it feels like to me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:59 PM #109 of 1091
I like how this show doesn't even excite me anymore. Some stuff is going to go down next week, but I don't think I'm that hyped about it.

Obviously the point of Henry Gale is to keep us guessing. Obviously, since we're quite a ways into the season, his existence is going to push the plot in some direction or another, whether he's an Other or not.

I was thinking, is it safe to say Dharma has close ties or is a faction of the U.S. government? After finding out that the Others are/were deceiving the losties, and putting this together with the fact that whats-his-name had a U.S. Army knife, the weapons cache, etc. I'm starting to feel that this whole thing is rather "official". Or at least they were at some point.

Double Post:
And man, Knighthawk - the secrets weren't revealed quickly LAST season. I don't think people are dumb enough to expect the secrets to be immediately exposed in the SECOND season.
I think last season was better merely because of its simplicity. There weren't that many secrets to be revealed.

The show's mystery got WIDER over time, the number of questions increased tenfold. It's become frustrating because questions are created faster than they are answered.

I, for one, am now far more interested in answers than I can be in characters. The previous episode was fun to watch because it answered questions. Although I can't help but wonder, what if instead of a bunch of answers at once, how about spreading them more evenly across the season? What if they weren't even in-your-face? What if we had to logically reason things out?

Furthermore I haven't seen that many interesting character developments. For example, how much ground was covered in today's flashbacks? How much character development? Very little, in my opinion. In this episode, the flashbacks mostly served as means of a twist (albeit small) at the end of the episode. At best we walk away from it with, "what would seem to be miracles occur on this island." BIG SURPRISE. ZOMG.

Last edited by Eleo; Mar 22, 2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:49 PM #110 of 1091
I'm actually liking this seaosn more than season one. More Sawyer, more character developement (which is a key factor in how much I like a show) and more Sawyer. Also, I love the direction that Charlie is going. Yay for bad Charlie!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:46 PM #111 of 1091
Charlie really was great in yesterday's episode.

FELIPE NO
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 07:20 PM #112 of 1091
Spoiler:
So Sun is pregnant. Another "miracle" of the island. I like how the miracle is another baby for the Others to harvest ahahaha
Spoiler:
It's not a miracle, silly, she apparently got laid by this hotel management weirdo who's also her English teacher

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:18 PM #113 of 1091
That was never confirmed.

Plus that dude was ugly. I hope not.

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 02:23 PM #114 of 1091
Spoiler:
That is what I had thought at first. But, I found Sun very hard to read during this episode, so I still have my doubts about whether of not she was telling Jin the truth or not.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:24 PM #115 of 1091
Originally Posted by Musharraf
Spoiler:
It's not a miracle, silly, she apparently got laid by this hotel management weirdo who's also her English teacher
Spoiler:
Just another twist, I guess. There's nothing that indicates that she actually DID sleep with whats-his-face.

She swore to Jinn that she DIDN'T fuck him. I for one believe her.

I was convinced she was going to have the virus or whatever.
Spoiler:
I REALLY didn't believe she would end up knocked up. So bonus points there.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:30 PM #116 of 1091
I wonder what the point of that plot development is anyway. Since each episode equals roughly a day on the island, the show would logically end before she even gave birth.

Plus they've been on that island like fifty-something days. Wouldn't she have realized she missed something within thirty or so.

That suggests that the island gifted Jin with electromagnetic sperm of awesomeness. Or Sun with immaculate conception. Who knows, on this island.

Also, why do we have to use spoiler tags like this. What kind of doofus reads this thread up until page 5 but doesn't want to be spoiled.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:37 PM #117 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
Also, why do we have to use spoiler tags like this. What kind of doofus reads this thread up until page 5 but doesn't want to be spoiled.
I didn't want to get screamed at, personally. I would much prefer to stop using them, since, you know, if you're looking in here, you've probably seen the latest episode and know whats going on.

I will stop using them if everyone else agrees we should? I hate them, myself.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:12 PM #118 of 1091
I agree we should stop using them.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:36 PM #119 of 1091
Yeah, in the 24 thread; as long as the episode's aired already, no spoiler tags needed.

I don't hate Lost per se. I'm satisfied watching with the knowledge that nothing's really been happening this season (nor last season for that matter). Story: plane crash, front end survivors, tail end survivors, get together, holy shit: others, 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 43, black cloud thing, and Mr. Eko. Put it all together and make sure it's not on the same night as 24, and it's a blasty blast.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 08:12 AM #120 of 1091
I think the problem is that the first season (and maybe the first couple of episodes of the second one) was just too damn good, and now people expect this to go on forever. If you think about it, even now Lost is a better series than most shit you can see on TV.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:38 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:38 AM #121 of 1091
I reckon the Island is making Jin shoot with a loaded gun, as it were. I mean, if Locke can walk, why can't Jin's little fishies swim straight?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 06:25 AM #122 of 1091
They need to give Mr. Eko some more airtime. He's such a badass.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:32 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 07:32 PM #123 of 1091
I think with Eko it's a case of 'Less is more'. At least that's what I think. He's certainly the best of the Tailies.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:40 PM #124 of 1091
No, the thing is, the show has way too many characters. So many that I actually forget sometimes that Walt's been missing for ages, and that Michael's been missing for several episodes as well. When Claire disappeared for a few episodes, I totally forgot she had disappeared as well. Of course, I wondered where these people were - in the back of my head. But after one to two episodes where they are simply gone and not really mentioned, I kind of just leave it alone.

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 06:48 PM #125 of 1091
Considering that this show is theoretically showing every few days in order (over a couple of weeks in our time), it entirely possible for people to not mention these characters on the island. I find it interesting when Locke brings up "It's my fault Micheal is running around on the island", so you know that he is thinking about it at least. If they were all around mentioning "I wonder where Micheal is" all the time, then the show would be boring and pedantic. And it's not reasonable of people to obsess in such a shot timeline over subjects such as that.

I think that we're supposed to forget about these characters, as there are certainly more pertinent issues. It keeps us more in touch not to have to worry or be concerned for everyone on the island, because people just don't think that way in any situation. This issue was addressed by Arzt last season, and I think that he certainly made the point for the audience.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST