Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:28 PM #51 of 1091
Wait wait. What was the glass eye for?

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:30 PM #52 of 1091
Originally Posted by Legato
Wait wait. What was the glass eye for?
I'm assuming it was part of the disguise. I think I caught Mr. Friendly's eyes as brown when he was IN disguise, but blue in the lab hallway.

You did notice that was Mr. Friendly, right? ;_;

Also, helllllo Alex. I had some questions regarding her. She didn't seem like she was too gung-ho about the experiments that Dharma were performing. She was obviously working against them. I figured she would be brainswashed entirely by them, considering she was RAISED by them.

Why doesn't she just run away?

Most amazing jew boots
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:48 PM #53 of 1091
Perhaps she realises she can do more good from "inside the belly of the beast" to use an old saying.

And has anyone noticed a similarity between Tom (Aaron's father)
http://lost.cubit.net/printImg.php?t...e&idataId=0059

and Gale:
http://lost.cubit.net/printImg.php?t...e&idataId=0137

I was speaking idiomatically.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:56 PM #54 of 1091
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
I'm assuming it was part of the disguise. I think I caught Mr. Friendly's eyes as brown when he was IN disguise, but blue in the lab hallway.

You did notice that was Mr. Friendly, right? ;_;
Yeah but if his eyes are brown, then what can a glass eye do? I mean, his eyes aren't replaceable, he can't just shove two blue glass eyes in his skull. ?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:57 PM #55 of 1091
Yeah but if his eyes are brown, then what can a glass eye do? I mean, his eyes aren't replaceable, he can't just shove two blue glass eyes in his skull. ?
They COULD use contacts, yea. But what you're implying is that they've created a human-like something or other qhich requires glass eyes.

Maybe someone is MISSING an eye?

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:12 PM #56 of 1091
Incidentally, I think the most recent episode really clears up a lot of shit for us. We know what that glass eye was for back in the Arrow. We know Mr. Friendly is clean-shaven, and we know they're performing some kinds of fucked -up experiments. We KNOW there really IS a virus, and I hear suspicions that
Spoiler:
Sun
is the person to come down with it first.
-Glass eye still unknown.
-Right, Mr. Friendly is clean-shaven.
-Right, they're performing experiments.
-We still don't know if there's a virus. All we have is Russou's word and the "others" think there's one. The baby didn't have anything other than a standard fever and rash.
Also, helllllo Alex. I had some questions regarding her. She didn't seem like she was too gung-ho about the experiments that Dharma were performing. She was obviously working against them. I figured she would be brainswashed entirely by them, considering she was RAISED by them.
Hmm. That is pretty dumb of the writers. If anything, she would be the most "other" of them. I mean, people don't just develop values held by culture B when they've been raised in culture A.

The only other explanation would be that the "others" aren't human or something like that, so raising a normal person in their ranks wouldn't affect them too much.

I dunno, the show's getting sloppy now, with so many mysteries and unanswered/semi-answered questions overlapping each other and forgotten about. That's EXACTLY what happened to Alias.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by JazzFlight; Mar 6, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:52 PM #57 of 1091
I've always thought that

Spoiler:
Michael

would be the first one who gets sick.

And the show has yet to be sloppy, for everything that has occured has progressed in a logical manner. Questions that still need to be answered would obviously reveal much more of what is happening on the island than they want to reveal. This isn't a cheap cop-out explanation, it just seems to be the best answer.

Character development, actions, and rivalries are probably written as they go, but important plot elements, I believe, have been thought of well ahead of time. Lost has not even come close to the awkwardness of Alias nor has it "jumped the shark." It is all just unwarranted fears.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:59 PM #58 of 1091
They COULD use contacts, yea. But what you're implying is that they've created a human-like something or other qhich requires glass eyes.

Maybe someone is MISSING an eye?
No, I'm not implying anything. You said we had figured out what the glass eye was for because Mr. Friendly used one and that you thought he had different colored eyes when he is/isn't in disguise.

And I was just saying that doesn't make any sense, because the only way a glass eye would be useful as part of a disguise is if you were missing an eye...

Originally Posted by Jazzflight
I dunno, the show's getting sloppy now, with so many mysteries and unanswered/semi-answered questions overlapping each other and forgotten about. That's EXACTLY what happened to Alias.
Except I don't think Alias had its arc planned out. I think they knew where the whole Rambaldi plot was going, but never actually knew when they were going to move on it. Alias seemed to get sloppy because it wanted to be intricate yet be written spontaneously on an episode-by-episode basis.

Strangely Rambaldi - like the mysteries of the island on LOST - meant a lot to me. I still don't even know how that ended. I read some spoilers but didn't actually find if that plotline ended.

I think J.J. Abrams has a problem where he can't stick to a simple premise. Alias would have faired well as just a spy show with lots of solid action and drama, but the Rambaldi deal threw it into the realm of fantasy/sci-fi, and it was tough to swallow at first.

LOST sort of covered its ass with the monster appearing during episode #1, which informed the audience that the show is not what we think it is. Nevertheless I think it became bit more sci-fi than I ever imagined it being.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:58 AM #59 of 1091
I just downloaded and saw the Promo for the next ep..

How are they going to find a pregnancy test? Sawyer just happens to have one in his stash?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:52 PM #60 of 1091
We get to find that out in just under two weeks!

Yay for repeats~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:52 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:52 PM #61 of 1091
Next episode will be in April (??)

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:48 PM #62 of 1091
I thought it was March twenty-something.

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:08 PM #63 of 1091
http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/l...7&forumStart=0

According to the forums on ABC.com, the next new edpisode has been confirmed for March 22nd.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:54 PM #64 of 1091
Too many break between episodes. I hate that on any show; especially when it's just inconsistent or unnecessary.

Wasn't there a week between "One of Them" and "Maternity Leave"?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 02:05 AM #65 of 1091
I hate that on any show; especially when it's just inconsistent or unnecessary.
Unnecessary in what sense? They don't just put in breaks for kicks; time is needed to shoot new episodes.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:18 PM #66 of 1091
Originally Posted by Aardark
Unnecessary in what sense? They don't just put in breaks for kicks; time is needed to shoot new episodes.
So 24 can make it on time every week (sometimes more than 1 episode per night!), but Lost can't? Sometimes Lost doesn't even have every major character in an episode, so the cast doesn't always need to be available. The only problem I can see is "weather" in Hawaii.

I hold other shows to 24's standard. Few can compare.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:04 AM #67 of 1091
24's seasons have a six month gap in-between them. The creators of Lost don't want to make everyone go half a year without new episodes, as the season is not self-contained (unlike that of 24), and all the plot lines are basically ongoing.

Quote:
I hold other shows to 24's standard. Few can compare.
Uh, good for you... (?)

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:31 AM #68 of 1091
Even though Lost doesn't follow the 24 formula, this still does not mean we should have to put up with Losts' Antics.

When you have basically 9 month a year tv show spread out you do not, I REPEAT YOU DO NOT DO WHAT LOST DOES. No other show does this. They think that it's cool to show one ep, have a repeat. show two eps, have two repeats, one ep, repeat, three eps, two repeats, etc. YOU DO NOT DO THIS, no other show does. What you do is what a show like Smallville does. Where the show basically has two BIG breaks, usually between 3-5 weeks. And not fuck with us with the above Lost formula. The show is not good enough to get away with that, in fact, no show can.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:39 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:39 AM #69 of 1091
Look, dude, have a cup of chillax. It's nothing new that many viewers are pissed at Lost for its airing schedule (I personally am not ecstatic about it either), however there are also many that rather have two-week breaks between episodes than six-month breaks between seasons. Besides, looking at the show's ratings, it does seem to get away with it pretty well.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:17 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 01:17 AM #70 of 1091
Originally Posted by Aardark
Look, dude, have a cup of chillax.
Can you please make that your custom title under that particular avatar? Just a humble request.

Oh, Lost, right. Reruns, yaarg!

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:12 AM #71 of 1091
MichaelGiacchino.com has finally been updated

Not that it has anything more or less about Lost, just a blurb with the street date for the CD

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:26 AM #72 of 1091
The biggest problem I see with the one to two week gaps is that people either stop caring, or they simply forget about new episodes. This is unfortunate for those in the latter, because either you simply miss an episode, download an episode off of iTunes, or just forget about it until the season 2 DVD set comes out. Unlike Smallville, you really can't miss an episode of Lost, because even the filler episodes have importance to character development and foreshadows things to come.

And don't expect to catch a re-run of the second season during one of these gaps anymore. Oh no. They want you to download it onto your iPod before they do that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:06 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 04:06 PM #73 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
So 24 can make it on time every week (sometimes more than 1 episode per night!), but Lost can't? Sometimes Lost doesn't even have every major character in an episode, so the cast doesn't always need to be available. The only problem I can see is "weather" in Hawaii.
Everything you need for a 24 episode is a couple of drug addicts, some ice cold beer in a fridge umm I meant some dead body and a loooooooooooot of conversation. Of course it's no problem to shoot new 24 eps in less time than Lost ones. Further, I cannot see how anyone could compare 24 to Lost, I mean, those are two totally different pieces of cake.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:15 AM #74 of 1091
I fucking hate these gaps. It really DOES cause me to lose interest and hold the show in contempt for being so SLOW. I find myself almost not caring when its on, now. "Well, whats the point. I'll have to wait another 2 weeks to know anything more."

And yea, I think the show is starting to fall apart. I REALLY don't like where its going, mostly because they're ignoring a lot of things from the past they haven't answered and jumping into a entirely new set of questions all together.

And eitherway, I guarantee you that if Sun were actually pregnant, they would never announce that in the preview for the next episode.

quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:17 AM #75 of 1091
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
Even though Lost doesn't follow the 24 formula, this still does not mean we should have to put up with Losts' Antics.

When you have basically 9 month a year tv show spread out you do not, I REPEAT YOU DO NOT DO WHAT LOST DOES. No other show does this. They think that it's cool to show one ep, have a repeat. show two eps, have two repeats, one ep, repeat, three eps, two repeats, etc. YOU DO NOT DO THIS, no other show does. What you do is what a show like Smallville does. Where the show basically has two BIG breaks, usually between 3-5 weeks. And not fuck with us with the above Lost formula. The show is not good enough to get away with that, in fact, no show can.
Family guy basically does the same thing as do a bunch of other shows on FOX. Of course that's why good shows on that network get cancelled.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST