Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 07:58 PM #26 of 595
I'm not sure if she stole the baby, or if Claire gave him to her to take off the island so he could 'have a real life' or something.

But like I said earlier... Since Kate is still alive, we can rule out the idea that she was actually pregnant.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 25, 2008, 07:31 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2008, 12:31 AM #27 of 595
Nice episode, but nothing particularly earth-shattering. I guess I'm not too focused on the character twists as much as I am on the whole picture.

Best part of the episode was seeing Philip K Dick's VALIS being pulled off the shelf and given to Ben. One of my favourite books ever.

Thoughts about the freighter interlopers:
I'm not sure what I think about the whole ghost-talking thing going on with Miles, although in the flashback in ep 2, we see him doing his stuff with nobody around, so it's unlikely to be a smoke-and-mirrors affair.

Daniel... I think he's some kind of savant. The whole weeping in front of the news broadcast thing, the fact that the script and subtitles for that episode point out that he has a caretaker, the total awkwardness and the cardcounting all combined? Yeah.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Krelian; Feb 25, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:39 AM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 03:39 PM #28 of 595
Well that was probably the BEST FUCKING EPISODE EVER.

Seriously. Let's weigh the advantages here.

- No cliffhanger ending. Self-contained and satisfying as fuck.
- Unusual mechanic. Unexpected shit. Time travel. Gripping.
- We see new shit and meet new characters. Freighter, etc.
- Desmond.
- Stack of Philip K Dick references. Pink laser, etc. VALIS is pretty fucking awesome.
- Daniel Faraday is the best new character outta nowhere so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:30 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 06:30 PM #29 of 595
Yeah, I have to agree, this has to be one of the best episodes ever.

Seriously, I wish there were more professors like Faraday nowadays. This dude rocks.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:36 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 09:36 AM #30 of 595
Man time traveling? I have a feeling this shit is going to get even more confusing.

So what, is Daniel screwed? Did Desmond just change history? I remember when Desmond was talking to the 1996 Daniel, he asked why he isn't writing down this event in his journal. And Daniel replies something like, "I won't forget this." Then the end of the episode shows in red what happens. Huh.

Most amazing jew boots

Dance party!
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:54 PM #31 of 595
Yeah, this was definitely one of the top 5 episodes of the entire series, I think. Lots of great shit going on, and it was just incredibly well-made. The sound design when Desmond was going in and out of the past was superb.

Lost hasn't been this great in a LONG time.

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:48 PM #32 of 595
So I missed it last night, but I watched it this afternoon. Slow work day lols.

I agree with everyone - I LOVED this episode. I love the expansion on Farraday. I love that they got straight to the story with the freighter crew. I love how they dealt with Des and the time-travel.

BUT:
Spoiler:
Since Des got Penny on the phone and "found his constant" in both places, does that mean he's saved? Will he die? I hope not. I love Desmond.

I am SO glad that they didn't divide that shit up into multiple episodes. <3

Also, I guess Ben's inside man knows that Sayid and Desmond are on the boat~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:57 PM #33 of 595
I was sitting a good 30 feet away from my TV while watching it, and missed the message in the journal at the end. Does anyone have a screenshot or something? Or could someone post it in here? All I could make out for the few seconds they showed it was Desmond's name.

Also~ Did anyone notice the tons of Easter Eggs in the auction house? The Black Rock, 'Item 2342' [which not only was the setting for the machine, but '23 42', from the Numbers], seven years, Hanso...

Most amazing jew boots
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:05 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 11:05 PM #34 of 595
I was sitting a good 30 feet away from my TV while watching it,
lol?

Well, here you go:

Spoiler:

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:55 PM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 10:55 PM #35 of 595
Originally Posted by Sousuke
Also~ Did anyone notice the tons of Easter Eggs in the auction house? The Black Rock, 'Item 2342' [which not only was the setting for the machine, but '23 42', from the Numbers], seven years, Hanso...
I'm not sure you know what an easter egg is.

The numbers? Yes. Hanso/Black Rock? No.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:30 PM #36 of 595
Well, I was basically referring to the fact that they were merely mentioned, and no further details were given. My mom has been following the series just as much as I did, and didn't even notice Hanso and the Black Rock until I mentioned them. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:02 PM #37 of 595
Yes, let's not forget that the average watchers aren't huge nitpicky nerds like us.

How ya doing, buddy?
SenorKaffee
Cry mich ein river

Member 422

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 03:54 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 09:54 PM #38 of 595
I think even more interesting are the other pages of the notebook. Lots of formulas and notes that might make sense to somebody.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Everything´s getting better.
Nothing´s getting good.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 09:28 PM #39 of 595
So.

Spoiler:
Michael was indeed the spy. Kind of refreshing to see his face again.

I could have done without all the stupid drama about Jin and Sun and their stupid baby.
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that bit where Jin delivers the panda to Mr. Paik's client or whatever was a flashback? And Sun giving birth was the actual flashforward? This shit is kind of pissing me off.

I liked the idea that the people on the freighter all seem to be going to hell. That's pretty interesting. I liked that bit where whats-her-name threw herself overboard with chains and no one gave a shit. I was lolling.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:18 PM #40 of 595
I could have done without all the stupid drama about Jin and Sun and their stupid baby.
Spoiler:
I'm guessing that bit where Jin delivers the panda to Mr. Paik's client or whatever was a flashback? And Sun giving birth was the actual flashforward? This shit is kind of pissing me off.
Are you kidding? This and Desmond's episode 2 weeks back have been some of the best episodes of the entire series, in my opinion.
Spoiler:
The total fake-out of the flashforward/flashback made me want to applaud the writers. They are finally moving the story forward, and still managed to find ways to mess with the audience. There were a ton of revelations tonight. Finally, this show is returning to form. Top-notch.

Although, now we'll have to wait and deal with Jin's death in a future episode and cry all over again.
With the show having an agreed ending point (in what, 1 1/2 more seasons?), everything is finally fucking coming together. I don't ever want to have to deal with the mess of season 3 (middle) again.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by JazzFlight; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:26 PM #41 of 595
Jazz

Spoiler:
We don't know that Jin is dead. The date of death was the day of the plane crash. For all we know she left him on the island. The official story has been that everyone but those six are dead, but the other flashforwards have indicated this is not the case.

Sass

I agree about the spy thing, but I don't care how much of a hero he winds up being, I want the fucker to die.

Also Sun's character is getting kind of old. This is like what, the third time she's been all like "omg I swear to you that it's true" when in fact she's a lying bitch? I mean I was willing to forgive her the first two times. But she's had opportunity after opportunity to start telling the truth, and get all of the old shit out into the open, and she's always chosen cowardice.

Jin's too good for her. And while we're on about Jin, there've been hints in the past that he's got some mad combat skills, but as of yet I haven't seen them. I mean, he fucking missed the dynamite the one time he actually had to use a gun.

I hope we get to see some ninja-gangster throwdown in future episodes. <3

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Radez; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:36 PM #42 of 595
Jazz

Spoiler:
We don't know that Jin is dead. The date of death was the day of the plane crash. For all we know she left him on the island. The official story has been that everyone but those six are dead, but the other flashforwards have indicated this is not the case.
A nice idea, but...
Spoiler:
...why would she go to visit a grave with Hurley alone and cry that badly. Why visit a grave if she didn't need to keep up the fake story about Jin being dead since she'd be going with one of the only other people who knows that he's alive? Hurley would have been constantly saying, "don't worry, Sun, he's still alive."
I mean, what, is she doing a symbolic gesture? That he's not dead, but he's just as good as being dead?
Seems a bit of a stretch.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:56 PM #43 of 595
Radez, we were LOOKING for the date on the headstone and I couldn't remember the day of the crash! 2003 sometime, yes. But I figured on the island, a year hasn't passed yet, so I was unsure!

I am surprised you're enjoying it Jazz. Maybe it's just my stupid high expectations. I feel like I'm being on the wild goose chase with none of the older questions being answered (either explained away by something entirely frivolous or outright ignored). I'm really bitter about all that, what with the opening up new doors while not closing old ones. My friends tell me I need to get over it.

The episodes with Jin and Sun always seem like fillers to me - just something to occupy us for some time. I want more focus on Locke and his camp, less focus on stupid shit like O NO BABIES.

I think I am just really bitter that people are leaving the island in general. I never wanted to see anyone actually get off the island.

I forsee a showdown between Whitmore and Ben. And if that's how this all ends, I will goddamned pissed. I want to know more about Jacob and who he is. I want to know more about the history of the island.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:11 AM #44 of 595
That. Was. Brilliant.

I agree Jazz, between this and the Desmond episode, these have been two of the best episodes of the entire series. The flashback/flashforward trick was GENIUS, and very very well-implemented. It wasn't a gimmick, and it totally served the story. Fucking pumped about this show again <3

How ya doing, buddy?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:16 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 10:16 PM #45 of 595
Wow. That was a pretty crazy episode. That flashback/flashforward thing threw me off a bit.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 03:48 AM #46 of 595
I think I'm missing something. I just watched the episode now, and it's almost 5am, so I'm pretty tired... But what exactly is this flashback/forward 'trick' you guys keep mentioning?

[edit] Oh damn, I see it now.

[edit 2] So last week's episode preview [the preview for this week, in turn] said we'd learn the last of the Oceanic Six. Does that mean that...
Spoiler:
Michael is the sixth?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Sousuke; Mar 14, 2008 at 03:59 AM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:13 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 07:13 PM #47 of 595
Well I'm one week behind you Americans (which is awesome 'cause we're usually a couple of years behind etc), but I can comment on a few episodes. I thought the Desmond time-travel episode was one of the best ever, no questions asked. It was the best self-contained episode in the entire series; then again, the competition isn't exactly fierce (that episode with spider bites and paralysis, wtf?)

The episode after that (that we just received over here), a Juliet-orientated one, was ok I guess. It tested my patience because I really, really hate that Charlotte chick. Cold as ice and rather bitchy; piss off, I say to her.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:14 AM #48 of 595
I think what we've learned over the course of this season is that Whitmore's crew is good (no matter how uncommunicative and douchey they may be) and Ben's guys are bad. We need to stop trusting Ben, when has he ever been sane/good? He's killed people, betrayed dozens, and is a manipulating son-of-a-bitch.

All we've seen about Whitmore is that he beat up one of Ben's guys. Oooooh, so evil.

Even the...
Spoiler:
"don't trust the captain" thing that Michael left seemed wrong, since the captain actually seems sane and is one of the few characters on this show to plainly explain the 815 blackbox situation.

Most amazing jew boots
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 08:41 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 01:41 PM #49 of 595
I want to know more about Jacob and who he is. I want to know more about the history of the island.
I'm with you there!

Also, what about the 'others'? Last I heard they were heading off to some sort of temple. Any chance they could be the ones helping Ben? They always seemed loyal to him.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:28 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 06:28 AM #50 of 595
I like how Miles has been sitting with a grenade in his mouth for like four episodes now.

About what Radez and Jazz are discussing.

Spoiler:
Jin died before getting off the island, I think, but probably won't do so immediately, much like in season 3 with Charlie. The tombstone did say 2004. That most likely references the day of the crash because if you remember the episode with Kate's trial, the story they told wasn't that they were the only ones who managed to make it out, but the only ones who survived long term. Besides, in the show timeline, there's only a few days in 2004 left, and who knows what the hell date it is in crazy island time.

Upon reviewing, the date did in fact say September 22nd 2004.

Other general spoilers.

Spoiler:
I thought this was one of the better episodes as well. Maybe not of the series. Hell of a lot better than last weeks. The flash forward/back really threw me, but what impressed me is that they didn't make the identity of the spy the big reveal at the end. Cause, c'mon. You knew who it was.

What this week's episode leaves me confused about is this. It's been assumed that Claire and her baby were fine because he was conceived off the island. But Sun and daughter survived, conceived on island, born off. The only possible pattern left is what was said about the third trimester. Perhaps babies developing on the island over a long period of time is the cause. Of course, why in the hell that would be is what we really want to know.

About the staged crash. Whole world knows 815 disappeared. They find a crashed plane. They find a black box. Staged or not, it's confirmed to be from the survivors plane. Maybe I should have thought of this awhile ago, but maybe the black box thing just made it trigger. It's universally accepted as fact that all passengers on board 815 died. So how are the Oceanic Six so universally accepted? Why does anyone believe that they were on that plane? Was Naomi bluffing when she acted shocked about them being survivors of the flight, because Miles and the captain both seemed to know all about it.

If the "Six" didn't refer to the children and Jin didn't make it out alive, well, goddammit, give us the last one already.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] L O S T [possible spoilers]