Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Death Note

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:06 PM #51 of 573
so now i gotta wait months or maybe a year for you to get back on track,huh? ;p oh well. i can understand.

Death Note 101 RAW

Spoiler:
Near and Raito Yagami finally meet face to face in the place they are schedule to be at. All i know is that anything can happen after this chapter. Near expected that the other Kira (Teru Mikami) would show up behind the doors. However, Near is playing a dangerous game with Raito. With Raito acting very high and mighty, Near shows no soft or worry spot around him . Although now.. im starting to think that Aizawa and Mogi are now being controlled under Raito and is now predicting it to go as follows. with Mikami having the death god eyes, he found out Near's name to be Nate Rivers. Since he cannot see a life span under Raito Yagami, he called him God! and started writing his name on book. the last page has near and raito smiling with no fear. I get this strange feeling that L will come back sometime later. Since his body is "secretly" buried somewhere. who knows

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 02:57 AM #52 of 573
Well you never know.
I might get into one of my moods one night and download all the chapters I've missed. I stopped around 78...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:55 AM #53 of 573
you should keep going..

btw, i found this scan in another site/forum.

if this is what L looks like..where the hell is that spikey hair??

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 12:07 PM #54 of 573
Originally Posted by chato
if this is what L looks like..where the hell is that spikey hair??
I think it's a matter of whether or not it looks believable as opposed to what it should look like.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 03:16 AM #55 of 573
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
I think it's a matter of whether or not it looks believable as opposed to what it should look like.

I believe this looks convincing.
And L only needs half the spikey that Mana has! They're probably not shooting anything in that pic. Or at least, I hope they're not. And also, is the guy playing L taller than Light? I mean, I know that L hunches, but I've always thought he was either the same height or a little shorter than Light....

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 05:23 AM #56 of 573
from what im seeing there , it looks like he's gonna be shorter than Light. but then again. they are going by the actors' height . i wonder what place they're filming at. i was beginning to think it was some tennis court like in that chapter where light and L played a game. but thats just me >.>.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 07:26 AM #57 of 573
Chapter 102

this chapter came in a few days later . someone found it and gave away a few spoilers. can't wait to see the rest.

Spoiler:
Nothing much really happened in this chapter. Only thing is that Mikami showed himself to everyone thanks to Near calling him out. Light Yagami continued looking all evil with the smile. Something is about to happen. My only guess is that the death note wont work since Mikami is holding a fake one. Im not sure if anyone is familiar with the recent chapters but if you remember when Takada died. Did she really tell Mikami to judge her and mello? or was it her? either way, whatever Ohba is doing.. she needs to finish this arc up already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:27 PM #58 of 573
Spoiler:
Hey how do you do spoilers because i want to say something about mellow and my dissapointment

Nm i got it

so

Spoiler:
I was dissapointed by the fact that mellow died so easily i mean comon is that the type of person they choosed for L's succesor. Im ashame for L

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by insertnamehere; Mar 23, 2006 at 04:07 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:13 PM #59 of 573
Originally Posted by insertnamehere
Spoiler:
Hey how do you do spoilers because i want to say something about mellow and my dissapointment

Nm i got it

so

Spoiler:
I was dissapointed by the fact that mellow died so easily i mean comon is that the type of person they choosed for L's succesor. Im ashame for L

Spoiler:
I was kinda disappointed as well to see Mello and Matt die so early. At first i thought it was going to end at 100 but seeing that its over that range, Ohba is planning something for us DN fans. either:

1. She plans to bring back L by using a little bit of supernatural stuff wit the shinigami.
2. This may continue on more than i thought.
3. Near fails, Raito rule will the world in his own way.

alot can be said. i think L is probably gonna come back. i said it before and i'll say it again.. where the hell did they bury his body?

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:56 PM #60 of 573
you know.. something struck me . I know alot of you L fans out there are disappointed in his death but i think it hit me when :

Spoiler:
I read the One Shot Pilot Chapter of Death Note. It seems that Ryuuku has this Death Eraser that would bring people back to life if there name and time/death is erased. I never thought of this but now im curious, was Light ever aware of that? and i think its all coming to my head that L can come back to life if that death eraser is exposed in the later chapters.Also..Ryuuku has a new DN book with him with a cross on it. I guess there is more to him that Light doesn't know

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by chato; Mar 24, 2006 at 07:03 PM.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:59 PM #61 of 573
Hey chato, I think that the third sentence in your post merits spoiler tags.

And I haven't read the pilot. I guess I'll go hunt it down right now... ^^;;

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:04 PM #62 of 573
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
Hey chato, I think that the third sentence in your post merits spoiler tags.

And I haven't read the pilot. I guess I'll go hunt it down right now... ^^;;
yeah sorry about that. im still reading this one pilot story again. Another question that comes to me is :

Spoiler:
how many freakin notebooks did ryuuku drop? i get the feeling he's doing it on purpose. And to make it more interesting. If they "secretly buried" L, I assume he wasn't and someone knows about this Death Eraser.

How ya doing, buddy?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 06:08 PM #63 of 573
Chato, I sure hope you're right about the
Spoiler:
Death Eraser. I didn't think of that, but they sure could make use of that later in the storyline.

You might actually convince me to start reading the scans again .
I've already spoiled myself with Hellsing scans, so what the hell.

FELIPE NO
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:09 PM #64 of 573
Heh. Well, I actually stopped reading at chapter seventy-something. The second arc just wasn't holding my interest... but after reading your last few posts, I have new hope. ^o^

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:44 PM #65 of 573
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
Chato, I sure hope you're right about the
Spoiler:
Death Eraser. I didn't think of that, but they sure could make use of that later in the storyline.

You might actually convince me to start reading the scans again .
I've already spoiled myself with Hellsing scans, so what the hell.
good thing ;p. Buuuut I also remembered.

Spoiler:
L died because Light used Rem as a sacrafice. Therefore no name was written in the notebook. but i am curious if the name did go in the notebook when L died by a shinigami. what do you think? The only people im sure that can come back to life is Raye Penbar and his wife because their names were written in them.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:04 PM #66 of 573
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
Heh. Well, I actually stopped reading at chapter seventy-something. The second arc just wasn't holding my interest... but after reading your last few posts, I have new hope. ^o^

I've been talking to a few people about this. some noticed already so i wanna make sure you guys do too. I've been reading the US volumes /chapters over again. So lets go back into memory lane

Spoiler:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2121/hmm2tm.gif
that bothers me cause this whole mystery could've been done long ago lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:48 PM #67 of 573
i think that

Spoiler:
bringing back l isn't a good idea i don't want this manga coming anywhere near dbz. And also adding more genious detectives would ruin it. The only way i see the manga going on is if the king of reapers comes in and does something, or ryuk does something. I mean don't you find it weird that around the starting of the anime ryuk said i will be the one writting your name in the notebook.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:23 AM #68 of 573
Originally Posted by insertnamehere
i think that

Spoiler:
bringing back l isn't a good idea i don't want this manga coming anywhere near dbz. And also adding more genious detectives would ruin it. The only way i see the manga going on is if the king of reapers comes in and does something, or ryuk does something. I mean don't you find it weird that around the starting of the anime ryuk said i will be the one writting your name in the notebook.
Spoiler:
This is far from being DBZ. So what if one comes back to life. How could it be dbz related ? I still haven't seen beams coming out of their hands yet nor a power up. If this Death Eraser comes later in the arc, I wouldn't mind. Naruto hasn't done anything dbz related and DONT tell me cause of a lousy fight (Naruto and Sasuke) changed your mind about it. Its not you saying that but alot of people do and i dont get it. DBZ sure did abuse the reviving bs with the dragnon.

If Ohba does add the Death Eraser into this story, I'm very positive she won't abuse that kind of ability in her work. Not like DBZ at least. Just cause Shounen Jump has mangas/animes that bring a person back to life or drags on the story too much doesn't mean it sucks. Dbz is still one of my favorites. Id never compare it with Death Note. their both different genres and have one thing in common. The words Shounen Jump by the titles.

Other than that, what you said about Ryuku writing his name in the notebook (you're talking about Light, correct? ) , i don't think he'll do it . He just doesn't care what Light does but as long as he doesn't waste too many pages, Ryuku can't do anything to him. It also bothers me that Ryuuku stays with him just cause of one notebook. In One Shot Pilot, he dropped two of them and holds his new one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:16 AM #69 of 573
Spoiler:
To me it does cheapen the manga if you bring back L. It's like saying we ran out of ideas so let just add this magic eraser to bring back an old idea. If they bring back L it would seem to me that all they want to do is drag on the manga for money. It's best if you finish in a high note. I didn't say it was like dbz. I said it had the potential if they brought the death eraser.

Most amazing jew boots
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 09:16 PM #70 of 573
Originally Posted by chato
you know.. something struck me .
Spoiler:
I know alot of you L fans out there are disappointed in his death but i think it hit me when :

I read the One Shot Pilot Chapter of Death Note. It seems that Ryuuku has this Death Eraser that would bring people back to life if there name and time/death is erased. I never thought of this but now im curious, was Light ever aware of that? and i think its all coming to my head that L can come back to life if that death eraser is exposed in the later chapters.Also..Ryuuku has a new DN book with him with a cross on it. I guess there is more to him that Light doesn't know
Spoiler:
I wondered about the eraser too...That's one thing that should have caried over into the main story. Though, in volume one after Ryuk exsplained the death eyes and Light asked is there anything else he should know he said "No....that's all. *Probaly...*" So there is a chance that the death eraser will crossover into the relm of canon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Outlaw; Mar 28, 2006 at 12:20 AM.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:40 PM #71 of 573
Yo spoilers dude some people probably don't want to know

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:54 AM #72 of 573
Originally Posted by Insertnamehere
Spoiler:
To me it does cheapen the manga if you bring back L. It's like saying we ran out of ideas so let just add this magic eraser to bring back an old idea. If they bring back L it would seem to me that all they want to do is drag on the manga for money. It's best if you finish in a high note. I didn't say it was like dbz. I said it had the potential if they brought the death eraser.
Spoiler:
not just that but it'll also have a huge impact in the story and a good chance to see Light Yagami have a shocking face like if he was shitting his pants >=p.

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Spoiler:
I wondered about the eraser too...That's one thing that should have caried over into the main story. Though, in volume one after Ryuk exsplained the death eyes and Light asked is there anything else he should know he said "No....that's all. *Probaly...*" So there is a chance that the death eraser will crossover into the relm of canon.
Spoiler:
Thats what i think the story will be like if it reaches the end.If Light somehow goes into a nervous breakdown, he'll eventually get all angsty and say " i dont want to have anything to do with this anymore" then Ryuuku will show him the death eraser. who knows really? I havea few theories as to how this 2nd arc will coem to a close. Will it be Aizawa to get back at Light? Seriously.. he can't be that stupid if he saw Light talk with Naomi back then. 2 more days til the 103rd chapter. I can't wait

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:26 AM #73 of 573
103 SPOILERS

WOOOO!!! all i can say is.( dont read unless you're with me )

Spoiler:
LIGHT JUST GOT OWNED!!!!!

Last edited by chato; Mar 29, 2006 at 08:40 AM.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:45 AM #74 of 573
wuaah! Spoil me spoil me! (That isn't sufficient spoilers XD!!)

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:02 AM #75 of 573
i wish i could.. but even one small picture can give it away >=p

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Death Note