Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Every Kiss Begins with Kay". "Army Strong."

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:32 PM #1 of 12
"Every Kiss Begins with Kay". "Army Strong."

As the holiday season rolls around, it's a good time to look at some company's slogans and point out some of the best and worst. They don't have to be current either, any time period is fine. Be sure to give a breif explanation of the company, as someone in a different part of the world may not know anything about them.

"Every Kiss Begins with Kay"

(Kay is a Jewelry store)

To my recollection this is the best slogan I've ever heard. It's short, it's to the point, and clever. For those who haven't seen their commercials basically it's allways some guy going through some semi-elaborate scenario to suprise his girl/wife with some kind of jewelry. He gives it to her, she smiles they kiss.

What makes it so great is pretty obvious. The word kiss does begin with kay and giving jewelry will guarantee you some affection.

"Army Strong"

Probably isn't the worst I've ever heard, but the only one that comes to my mind at the moment. This is the American Army's new slogan they use in their commercials inviting you to join so you wont just be strong, you can be ARMY STRONG!. Another line from the commercial is "the army helps you not only to get you over, but to get you over yourself." It's pretty crap by itself, and definitely a step down from "An army of one" and one which I can still hear the jingle for "Be all that you can be."

Most amazing jew boots
Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:33 AM #2 of 12
Most annoying, probably because the simplisity of the catch phrase is ingenious and needs no further instruction:

Head On: Apply Directly to Forehead!

need i say more?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:28 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 12:28 AM #3 of 12
Originally Posted by Ceres
Most annoying, probably because the simplisity of the catch phrase is ingenious and needs no further instruction:

need i say more?
I like how their new commercials play off the annoyances of the old commercials. THAT is good marketing.

Most amazing jew boots
mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:19 AM #4 of 12
huh!? my post was deleted? it's not the first time either. I don't think my post was spam, so can who ever deleted it PM me so I can understand why?

anyway...what I said was
"I don't like it because it implies that money can buy happiness"
referring to the Kay jewelers slogan

Most amazing jew boots
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:26 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 02:26 AM #5 of 12

need i say more?
Haha, I remember reading about this in a magazine (...probably a woman's magazine...) and laughing out loud, scaring the patrons of the coffeehouse I was in. This was rated the WORST commercial ever, if I remember correctly, by the person who wrote the article about it.

Me, I avoid TV as much as possible, but I would say easily some of the best commercials I've seen have been those darn Red Stripe ads. "If he won't give you his keys, ask for his pants! HOORAY RESPONSIBILITY!" and "You are a very ugly man! Hold this. Now you are beautiful! HOORAY BEAUTIFUL BEER!" are just so... funny. And funny commercials make me want to buy things.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 02:55 AM #6 of 12
Originally Posted by Devoxy
"I'm lovin' it" for McDonalds has to be one of the most unoriginal and shitty slogans ever.
I agree wholeheartedly. I recall a rather annoying time when I worked at McDs when we had some chickstrip promotion and every F-ing time someone sold those chickenstrips, they rang a goddamn bell and sang that song. O_o

As for that new "Army Strong" commerical, I can't help but make a mental comment when the screen flashes "Nothing stronger than the US Army". I always think "Except those pesky insurgents in Iraq." I think the commerical was arrogant.

One more thing; WTF is with that PS3 commerical and the baby doll that crys and babbles? It's creepy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 08:58 AM #7 of 12
Originally Posted by Devoxy
"I'm lovin' it" for McDonalds has to be one of the most unoriginal and shitty slogans ever.
You forgot the fact that "I'm Lovin' It" was also part of the chorus to a failed Justin Timberlake single around the same time. So, it actually goes beyond simple hamburger marketing to ... hamburger conspiracy.

Originally Posted by Koneko
One more thing; WTF is with that PS3 commerical and the baby doll that crys and babbles? It's creepy.
A lot of people complain about this commercial, yet no one seems to remember the truly baffeling commercial for the Playstation 2 made by David Lynch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28Kbdfmvbk (The aspect ratio is stretched, it's suppose to be in letterbox. However, to watch it on Youtube, its better to see it in a "full screen")

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Nov 19, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 11:12 AM #8 of 12
Hmm, never thought the McDonald's phrase was annoying. Can't help but feel that way the rare times I do go there to eat. It is pretty stupid here in Guatemala though: ME ENCANTA

When I worked at United Parcels Service (UPS, an American based shipping service) a lot of the employees complained about the new slogan WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU. Endless shit references ensued.

Also, there's only one beer here in Guatemala, called Gallo. And their commercial slogan is "The Best Beer" which is silly considering there's not anything else to try. Not counting Brahva here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:19 PM #9 of 12
On top of that McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" slogan:

"Do What Tastes Right" from Wendy's PR camp is so terrible I have to give props to other restaurants like Arby's and Taco Bell for their (otherwise bad) slogans.

How ya doing, buddy?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 12:20 PM #10 of 12
Originally Posted by LeHah
A lot of people complain about this commercial, yet no one seems to remember the truly baffeling commercial for the Playstation 2 made by David Lynch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28Kbdfmvbk (The aspect ratio is stretched, it's suppose to be in letterbox. However, to watch it on Youtube, its better to see it in a "full screen")
I've never seen that until now and I can only repeat "WTF?" I'm sure there's a reason the commericals look that way, but the symbolism is lost on me.

How ya doing, buddy?

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 02:45 PM #11 of 12

need i say more?
Heh... I saw a pretty funny image on Jonathan Coulton's website pertaining to that.

As for another stupid slogan, I think "By Mennen" is teh winnar. Could they just not think of anything? Also, I second all the bad restaurant slogans. "I'm thinkin' Arby's." "I'm lovin' it." Fucking terrible.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > "Every Kiss Begins with Kay". "Army Strong."