Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Spider-Man 3

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 07:08 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 12:08 PM #376 of 390
Saw the movie hated the movie.

They had waaaay too much fun making this movie, felt like they drop a tonne of smelly cheese.

LOL whats the deal with the american flag scene, that was way over the top.

Main problem as probably most of you feel, too many characters in the movie, did they really need the sandman in the movie. No not really, they could of started the movie towards the end on the movie instead. And whats the deal with making Venom the biggest pussy villian. I was expecting Spidey to get his ass seriously wooped.

Best character was Harry by far, he had the best lines, and did the best acting.

Anyway enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGhHh9mV_Q

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 05:48 PM #377 of 390
George Lucas calls Spider-man "silly"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

Quote:
Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Well, it's not "Star Wars."

"People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't
Maybe it was a bit silly, but he isn't really in much of a position to be publicly calling anyone else's films silly. The birth of Vader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" or Jar-Jar anyone?

He is the last person who should say that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Protom@nNeo
Carob Nut

Member 4823

Level 6.27

Apr 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:26 PM #378 of 390
I missed seeing this opening weekend, and in a way I'm glad. Having had to endure the lackluster reviews and internet backlash for several days lowered my expectations. As a result, I knew about some of the sillier moments before they happened, and was able to appreciate what was done right that much more. Not nearly as bad a film as individuals made it out to be. It amazes how cynical people (even on the interweb) are at times. Oh and a note The Furious One: You didn't notice the blatant American flag placement in the first two films?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chiribo

Syklis Green

Member 2240

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 07:03 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 01:03 AM #379 of 390
I missed seeing this opening weekend, and in a way I'm glad. Having had to endure the lackluster reviews and internet backlash for several days lowered my expectations. As a result, I knew about some of the sillier moments before they happened, and was able to appreciate what was done right that much more. Not nearly as bad a film as individuals made it out to be. It amazes how cynical people (even on the interweb) are at times. Oh and a note The Furious One: You didn't notice the blatant American flag placement in the first two films?
It might be that people did notice them, but seeing as the movies came out quite a while ago people forgot about them.

I also saw this movie just the other day, I went in not expecting much because a friend of mine had seen it and she said it was cheesy. After watching the movie myself, I could wholeheartedly agree with her, little story line and the show of emotions by characters could most likely have been better represented by a 16bit video game. The only thing I really appreacited in that movie was some of the special effects, but even then...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
May contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism and pink fluffy bunnies
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 09:04 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:04 PM #380 of 390
I would also like to add that this movie needed more action, and less... whatever there is besides action in life... and also... the CGI was disappointing at certain points. Like, there were times where I could totally see Tobey's head real head attached to a CGI Spidey body. Also, I very much disliked how Venom "de-faced" everytime he talked (save for the first time Venom and Sandman meet). I would've rather seen Venom speak ("We!") instead of stupid Topher and his lame fake teeth every few minutes at the end.

SADNESS!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:29 PM #381 of 390
Having had to endure the lackluster reviews and internet backlash for several days lowered my expectations.
Ehh, keep in mind that everyone on the internet thinks that they have a valid opinion when some of them struggle to get a GED. The internet isn't really the place where educated people met up like it was in the 70s - you'll find the general population on it would be only educated enough to be picking lint out of a sock machine if this was 1944.

I was speaking idiomatically.
XanaduTheory
Lurking your shit since 2004

Member 553

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 08:08 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 07:08 AM #382 of 390
Saw the movie hated the movie.

They had waaaay too much fun making this movie, felt like they drop a tonne of smelly cheese.

LOL whats the deal with the american flag scene, that was way over the top.

Main problem as probably most of you feel, too many characters in the movie, did they really need the sandman in the movie. No not really, they could of started the movie towards the end on the movie instead. And whats the deal with making Venom the biggest pussy villian. I was expecting Spidey to get his ass seriously wooped.

Best character was Harry by far, he had the best lines, and did the best acting.

Anyway enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGhHh9mV_Q

It seems as if people forget how cheesy the comics books are. While I would be up for a discussion about why Spider-Man is the worst superhero of the collective famous, I must say that for the most part, the films are done fairly in-line with the comics.

While Spider-Man 3 may be a bit more over the top than the previous two, I don't really see too much of an issue with that. Much of the difference between Spider-Man and other comic superheros is that Peter Parker is a teenager, so it's only given that many of the film's issues are teen or young adult oriented. Moreover, Spider-Man is known for stupid one-liners and pseudo-intellectual quips, especially from Parker. But you're right, James Franco's character did the best (read: cheesiest) acting of the lot; I particularly liked the one-liners: "You like peppers?" "It's so good!" "Am I interrupting?"

Also, there's an American Flag scene is every Spider-Man film. The end of the first shows Parker webbing off a flag pole holding nothing but a gigantic US Flag. The second film ends with him webbing off into the sunset amid a row of buildings with a myriad of US Flags. So, it only makes sense that the third ends with him coming to kick ass with the US Flag as a backdrop.

Don't go into it expecting some serious drama film, since Spider-Man is anything but in nature.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"You buy cheese from Europe by mail, is that correct?"
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 11:43 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 08:43 PM #383 of 390
Can't forget James Franco "bopping" Kirsten Dunst. Oh boy.

FELIPE NO
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 08:01 PM #384 of 390
Can't forget that, either.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old May 13, 2007, 07:46 AM Local time: May 13, 2007, 12:46 PM #385 of 390
Can't forget that, either.

Needs more Hitler mustache =P but on a serious note I swear these dancing gifs are going to start appearing all over the net if they haven't already

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:51 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 11:51 AM #386 of 390
I'm not into Spider-Man very much, so could someone please explain how he took pictures of himself before having a relationship with Mary Jane (who seemed to shoot them for him)? Could be that it was explained in the previous movies but I can't really remember the first one.

A friend wanted to go to the cinema yesterday so he convinced me to join him. Didn't enjoy it very much, though. It was just "Woosh, woosh, woosh" - too many rushed and undeveloped scenes (How/Why was Sandman created?
Spoiler:
The butler knows everything and clears it all up in 20 seconds? MJ's and Harry's brief liaison?
) along with the all-too-forced cheesiness. Not really the dancing stuff (just think about all the GIFs that'll spawn from that) but more that "we can always choose to do what's right"-thing, this stupid Hollywood morals are just ridiculous and I really hate it when movies use them. "Be a good boy, love is the greatest thing in the world", "Bla, bla, bla, filler lines". That combined with the all-too predictable plot
Spoiler:
- Sandman's innocence [please forgive him, dear audience!] and Harry's death -
made it just your everyday American movie.
The thing that bothered me most is that the film needed well over 120 minutes for a story easily fitting into half an hour because of its rushedness. Either give a short summary of the plot or make it a four hour movie.

Also: Why do all red-haired women taste like strawberries?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 06:00 AM #387 of 390

Needs more Hitler mustache =P but on a serious note I swear these dancing gifs are going to start appearing all over the net if they haven't already
That was the best scene in the whole movie ;p. On a serious note, the whole Mary Jane scenes were fucking pointless and should've had Venom for part 4. I knew where they were going with this but with just the Sandman it could've been great while having Harry Osbourne turn into a psychotic goblin (and knowing who spiderman is)like in the Spider tAs version. I do appreciate the action-packed scenes at least.

Spoiler:
The whole Sandman forgiveness scene looked like a G-Rated version of Saw 3 when Jigsaw was asking for forgiveness XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by chato; May 18, 2007 at 06:03 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 07:55 AM #388 of 390
I'm not into Spider-Man very much, so could someone please explain how he took pictures of himself before having a relationship with Mary Jane
I'm not sure what you're refering to - but the Peter Parker character has long had a time-delay shutter on his camera (or, for more whiz-bang for your buck, a device on his belt that clicks the shutter whenever he passes in front of the camera lens). He just webs it to a wall and does whatever he does...

How/Why was Sandman created?
I... assume you missed about 10 minutes of the movie, as Marko is chased by police and he falls into the partical accelerator?

"we can always choose to do what's right"-thing, this stupid Hollywood morals are just ridiculous and I really hate it when movies use them. "Be a good boy, love is the greatest thing in the world", "Bla, bla, bla, filler lines".
You obviously know very little about the character, so I'll leave this one alone.

That combined with the all-too predictable plot... made it just your everyday American movie.
You just sound jaded here. Can you legitimize any of your complaints or are you simply going to list them off, in the hopes that others odd their head in agreement with empty ideas?

Also: Why do all red-haired women taste like strawberries?
As a matter of personal investigation I can tell you they don't.

Also: Stop quoting Goldeneye.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 11:39 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 05:39 PM #389 of 390
I'm not sure what you're refering to - but the Peter Parker character has long had a time-delay shutter on his camera (or, for more whiz-bang for your buck, a device on his belt that clicks the shutter whenever he passes in front of the camera lens). He just webs it to a wall and does whatever he does...
Clever guy, that Parker.

I... assume you missed about 10 minutes of the movie, as Marko is chased by police and he falls into the partical accelerator?
Yeah, but... Uh... Why is there a particle accelerator in the midst of a park? And why do those scientists activate it in the first place? Storyline... purposes?

You obviously know very little about the character, so I'll leave this one alone.
As I said, I'm not very into Spider-Man apart from reading a few Wikipedia entries. Haven't read a single comic.

You just sound jaded here. Can you legitimize any of your complaints or are you simply going to list them off, in the hopes that others odd their head in agreement with empty ideas?
A little bit 'a' both.
It's just that this happens a lot of the time with high-budget Hollywood productions that so desperately try to be heroic and epic. Then they want to rub some kind of morale in your face although you clearly recognise which message the director wanted to convey. *whine* *bitch* *moan*

As a matter of personal investigation I can tell you they don't.
You're cool.

Also: Stop quoting Goldeneye.
Never saw a Bond movie. This is the first time I accidentally quoted something.
...What exactly did I quote?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: May 18, 2007, 11:17 PM #390 of 390
Thumbs down

Spider-Man 3 was complete garbage!

I knew it wouldn't be as good at the first two when they revealed the casting choices and character selections for the movie in Jan 2006. And boy was I right but never did I think that it would be this bad.

To be quite honest I don't know where to begin, Okay they crammed three bad guys into this movie: Harry Osbourne who of course takes up the mantle of the Green Goblin to exact revenge on Peter Parker / Spider-Man for the death of his father. Then we have an angst ridden version of the Sandman another of Spider-Man's staple villains from the comic-book. Finally there was the much hyped Venom, who is a great character in the book but on screen is a load of crap; Amateurish CGI and a ridiculous "origin" plot cement the big-screen Venom as the worst move ever made by Raimi. With that lot there I was half-expecting Hobgoblin, Kraven, Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker and Rhino to turn up as well.

The plot of this movie veered so far off course from the comic-book that it didn't seem like a Spidey flick at all. The obvious love that Raimi had for Spider-Man's established lore showed in the care care and attention to the characters of the first 2 films, but this was in no-way evident on screen. Gwen Stacy shouldn't have been here at all, Eddie Brock should be a 6-foot football jock not a Daily Bugle photographer, and the whole Uncle-Ben-was-actually-killed-by-Marko was quite frankly insane and detracted from the whole "With great power..." lesson that Peter learned as the guy that escaped now didn't likk Ben!!! The origin of Venom I may have lived with if it had sped up the film and they hadn't introduced the astronaut John Jameson in Spider-Man 2 who should have brought the Venom symbiont to Earth thus ruining a perfect already established plot device.

The movie was far too long by about 25 mins, Raimi tried to pile too much on here. He had two new villains who needed origins, motivations and alter-ego's. One villain too many I say, either Sandman or Venom should have been chucked during the editing of the script especially if they were intent on exploring Harry Osbourne/Green Goblin, thus eliminating their origins and alter ego storyline as well. Gwen Stacy/Captain Stacy had no business really in the film they could have been cut too. There wasn't enough Daily Bugle/J. Jonah Jameson scenes and the snappy dialogue crafted for J.K. Simmons in the previous movies was absent here, it was like a character trying to be J.J. but not hitting the mark, it would have made more sense to have a J.J. hell-bent on tracking down the new black-suited-wall-crawling menace. All those changes may have made the movie less of a mess and less disjointed as opposed to watching Peter, Mary Jane, Harry, Sandman and Venom's mediocre storylines converge in a climax that while spectacular- I had lost interest about 45 minutes earlier and just didn't give a shit at that stage.

James Franco seemed to be the only person even trying to act on screen, how fitting it is then for in a film like this that he dies. Another major problem is that they cast Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy who unfortunately is a superior actress (with a superior bod) to Kirsten Dunst, it's unbelievable for Peter not to dump Mary Jane for Gwen. Dunst carried it off well for the previous two movies but her on-screen charisma is nothing in comparison to Howard. Thomas Hayden Church has come a long way from the village-idiot Lowell on the sit-com Wings but fails to impact as this over-dramatized Sandman. Topher Grace is an excellent comedy actor and his performance here should remind him to stay with the comedy genre. The best thing about this film wasn't even J.K. Simmons this time round, it was the amazing Bruce Campbell in a 2 minute cameo as a "French" waiter who easily stole the show.

Final word: Sam Raimi has turned what should have been an awesome trilogy to rank up there with Indy, LOTR and Terminator but has soiled the franchise with this excrement even worse then Brett Ratner did with X:3.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Spider-Man 3