Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Favorite Family Recipes!

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:51 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2010, 12:51 PM 1 #1 of 5
Favorite Family Recipes!

Everyone post your favorite family recipes here! Pictures are good, I'm not going to start my first post with them since I just made this a few days ago and all of #gfchat said they wanted a copy of the recipe.

Tomato Soup Pork Chops

1 lb pork chops
1 can tomato soup
1 can of water
2 T oil
1 green bell pepper (or poblano if you like spicier, can add more peppers if you want)
1 large onion
1 t hot red pepper flakes (optional, add more if you like it hotter)
flour
salt, pepper, & garlic

Cut pork chops so they're fairly thin, about half an inch is the lower limit. Generally I cut thick store-bought ones in half, and if they're thinner I'll just whack 'em a few times with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Coat them with a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Work them into the meat. Dredge the chops in flour (need maybe 1/4 of a cup at most for all of them) and let rest for ~10 minutes.

Chop up peppers and onions into long strips, about a finger's width wide.

Use a large frying pan with high sides and a lid since this is a single-pot dish. Put oil into the pan and get it to shimmering (almost smoking is ok). (Good ways I've learned to see if the oil is hot enough is you can see it start to develop ripples on the surface or if a small flick of water in the pan makes a good pocking sound.) Place porkchops into oil, taking care not to move them once they've touched the surface. The goal here is to get the surface to brown nicely. Each side takes ~2-3 minutes, and don't worry about them being thoroughly cooked. If there's too many pork chops to comfortably fit into the pan at once, then do them in two batches.

After pork is seared take it out of the pan and add in the onion, pepper(s), and hot pepper flakes. Cook on medium-high heat until beginning to brown/soften. Return pork chops to pot and add can of tomato soup and can of water. Add more pepper if it looks like it needs it (it always does) Stir around to distribute the soup, ensure all of the pork chops are underneath the surface of the liquid. If needed an extra half a can of water can be added.

Put a lid on it and simmer for ~45 minutes. The longer you wait the softer and more delicious this stuff gets.

Serve over a large mound of rice or mashed potatoes.

Nutrition Information: It's delicious, so who cares.

Also, this thing is about twice as good the second day, so be sure to make enough to have leftovers!

A second quick recipe I learned recently, and have been sharing and think is worth everyone making at least once.

Healthy Choco-Banana Shake

1 frozen banana (peel it, put it in a ziplock, then freeze it)
3/4 C milk
1 t honey
1 t coffee (I use a pinch of instant coffee powder instead)
1 T malt powder (I use Ovaltine, though Instant Breakfast probably works fine too)

Mix all that shit together in a blender and drink it.

Try experimenting with the recipe too. I don't bother with honey most of the time I make it. My mom put Nutella in instead of coffee and ovaltine and said there were little globs of delicious dispersed throughout the shake. I'm thinking about trying some smooth peanut butter. Also gonna buy some frozen strawberries at the supermarket this weekend and try putting them in there.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by RacinReaver; Feb 19, 2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added a second recipe!
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:28 PM #2 of 5
Another recipe is coming, RR asked me to post so it doesn't get merged.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:30 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2010, 01:30 PM #3 of 5
If you're a pussy you can cut the sugar content in this recipe. Sweet potatoes can either be cooked via boiling or roasting in the oven. You can guess which method makes this dish the star of Thanksgiving, though.

Sweet Potato Pie

3 C cooked Mashed Sweet Potato
1 C sugar
1/2 C melted butter
2 eggs, well beaten
1/3 C milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C flour
2-1/2 Tbsp butter
1 C chopped Pecans

Combine potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and mild. Mix well. Spoon into baking
dish.

Mix all topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

I like to eat this as a topping on the miniature ham sandwiches I make using dinner rolls.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by RacinReaver; Feb 19, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2010, 02:46 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2010, 12:46 PM #4 of 5
You guys suck.

Spoiler:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Mar 6, 2010, 03:53 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2010, 12:53 AM #5 of 5
Lemon Cheesecake (makes 2):

3 - 8 oz cream cheese sticks (softened)
1.5 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 eggs
2 tablespoons of lemon juice (I just squeeze all of the juice out of a regular sized lemon, but you can also use pure lemon juice)

Mix everything together and pour it into a graham cracker crust. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes (it shouldn't be too jiggly when you take it out).

Topping:
16 oz sour cream
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix together in a bowl and layer it on top of the baked cheesecakes. Bake them for another 5 minutes, and then let them cool (I usually put them in the fridge overnight).

You can either eat it plain this way, or add berries when you serve the cooled pieces. The lemon flavor is subtle, so many people can't figure out what makes it taste different than plain cheesecake, but like it nonetheless.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Favorite Family Recipes!