Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I hate Noun Verb Noun bands.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 06:41 PM #26 of 29
I agree that these bandnames are annoying.

My biggest issue with these names is they're album names. I like "She Wants Revenge", but it sounds like an album, or even a song. Not a band/act. I don't know those other bands, but they sound even more like albums to me, probably cause I'm less used to them.

I'm with Minion. All the good names are taken. (Look at my name for God's sake! Nobody can remember that shit, ever.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:24 AM #27 of 29
I think a good band name can really make or break the band. Seriously, the music is important, but if your name is "I love you but I've Chosen Darkness" (not the same type of name the thread is thinking of, but similarly irritating) then I think you're making it more difficult on yourself to break out. Not to mention most the bands that have those type of names tend to sound completely the same.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 02:52 PM #28 of 29
From what I can tell, most of these bands that have been named, or have been subjected to their own little posts about how fucked up their names are, tend to be little, emo crying bastards that should end their musical careers and life as soon as possible.

There's no real reason to let other emo people think that there are other people out there just like them. It gets depressing

And just for the record, My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, the four in the first post, and any other sad 'cry cry' bands do indeed suck balls.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NinjaSwiftblade
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2492

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:38 PM #29 of 29
Haha, what an interesting topic. Honestly...I don't really pay attention too much to a band's name...to me, it doesn't often affect the way a band sounds. Like...all THE NOUN bands don't have the same sound...and all NOUN VERB NOUN bands don't all sound the same either.

I mean occasionally I'll stumble around a band with some kind of atrocious sounding name...and then I'll cry inside for them, especially if I like them...and sometimes I'll come across a band with a mad awesome pocky caddie cool name...and then cry if they're terrible and I can't stand them.... But generally...names don't often irritate me.

And as for the whole "scene" thing...I remember listening to Boy Sets Fire and Rock Kills Kid...several years ago...probably like 4 or 5...and I don't recall the whole 'Scene' thing being that big back then...but then again, I was probably oblivious to it...

Although when I think about it...all the bands that use the word: Autumn in it make me laugh...haaa. Sure, it's a nice word...but honestly...

Oh yeah...I always thought the band name "Save Ferris" was always rather witty...perhaps because Ferris Buller's Day Off is one of my favourite movies...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > I hate Noun Verb Noun bands.